.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ Of Friendship ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Of Friendship Chapter 2

~*~

A/N: Okay, yes, this is going to be a once a week update deal. Which means, I'll keep on having to story more show information between postings. Anyways, Teria is now logged in, but wait til you find out who she meets!

~*~

Disclaimer: Nothing has changed since last chapter. I swear!

~*~

The rush of a busy city filled her ears. Blinding light covered her. In the distance, people were milling around. Teria breathed in the fresh, clean air as the sounds filled her ears.

"Hello there!"

The voice made her jump and look around. She spotted a man almost entirely painted in blue with some white stripes running through it, and barely wearing anything. A mere skirt was all.

"Are you a Newbie?"

"I gu... Yes I am."

"My name is Bear, and I was waiting for some friends."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Te..." she stopped herself, remembering that she had a different name now. "My name is Reisa."

"Nice to meet you too, Reisa. It seems your unfamiliar with online games."

"Actually, yes I am. My friend told me she'd meet me here. Well, two of my friends actually. One should already be online."

"There was a blonde wavemaster here a few minutes ago. Could that be her?"

"Maybe, did you catch her name?"

Bear looked around for a second before answering. "Said her name was Sheina, wherever she got that name."

"That's her!" Teria exclaimed. "Thanks!"

"Hey, Reisa! When you find your friend, I'm willing to talk some more!"

"Yeah, thanks Bear!" Teria called back, walking into the area.

She saw several men grouped together wearing almost the same outfit of all gray. Finally finding the only blonde Wavemaster (knowing what they looked like from looking at the manual really quickly), Teria walked up to her.

"Sheina?"

"How may I help you?" Sheina replied; Teria instantly recognized her voice.

Lowering her voice down to a hiss, Teria answered, "It's me, Teria! But could you call me Reisa instead?"

"No prob! I was just waiting for Reyla to get here."

"You mean Reyla used her real name?"

"Yeah. Let's head to the Chaos Gate."

Following the Wavemaster Sheina, Teria proceeded back to the Chaos Gate, but not before noticing something. A female heavy axe was down in that group, along with another man. Shaking the image out of her head, Teria ran to catch up with Sheina.

Teria found Sheina back at the chaos gate, talking casually with Bear.

"Hello again, Reisa. I see you found your friend."

"Yeah."

"Where is BT? She told me she'd meet me here to head to Dun Loireag soon!"

"Dun Loireag?" Teria asked Sheina, trying to figure out what that was.

"It's the second easiest server from this one. I wouldn't recommend you going there yet. Considering you're just a Newbie."

A noise was heard, and Bear, Sheina, and Teria looked at the Chaos Gate to see another female wavemaster logging in.

"BT! Over here!" Bear called to the woman.

"Hi Bear. See you have company."

"You've met Sheina before, BT. This is Reisa, a Newbie," Bear introduced.

"Pleasure to meet you, BT," Teria replied.

"Same to you, Reisa was it?" Bt answered. Teria nodded in response.

Bear left the two and headed to the Chaos Gate with BT. They, as Sheina explained it, warped to a different server. After several more minutes waiting, a heavy blade entered the area. She was hardly wearing anything, but it was still enough to keep covered. Another Heavy Blade signed in soon after her, but immediately warped to a different server.

"Reyla!" Sheina called.

"Hey Sheina! Is that... it can't be..." Reyla said, running over to them, and then lowering her voice to a whisper. "Teria?"

Teria nodded, and then whispered back, "It's Reisa in here, okay?"

"Yeah, but where'd you get that name?"

"I just came up with it I guess."

Reyla rolled her eyes. "Well, let's get you some new equipment. Oh wait, first let's let the all-mighty `Crimson Knights' through."

Sheina held in a laugh, but Teria was only more confused. The axeman Teria had seen earlier, along with another guard, was walking towards them.

"Well, I think this is a new player, Lady Subaru."

"Please state your name."

"My name is Reisa, and yes, I am new here," Teria replied to the two.

"She's a friend of ours," Sheina added.

Subaru nodded, as if she knew Sheina and Reyla very well, and then walked off back towards the place they had come from. Reyla told Teria to give her the `Reisa Member Address' so that the two could call them whenever.

"Oh yeah, and Bear left this for you," Sheina said, handing Teria something. "His member address. Bear is always being nice to newbies!"

"Well, someone has to! The crimson knights usually aren't that friendly to newbies for some reason. It was really odd that they were nice to you, Reisa!" Reyla sighed. "I know they sure didn't give me a formal greeting like that when I first signed in."

Teria looked at her two friends, somehow managing to give them her member address. There was instantly a beeping in her head, with a request from Reyla to join the party officially. Teria accepted, and figured that Reyla had invited Sheina as well. Reyla dragged the two, more dragging Teria than Sheina, to a store called the Elf's Haven.

"I wish to withdraw some stuff."

"Yes, of course, Reyla."

Teria looked at Reyla, confused. "Do they know you well here?"

"Yeah, I'm not as famous as Lord Balmung or Lord Orca, but I'm sort of well known to most players as a helper to newbies."

"Here is a list of what you have stored, please tell me what you wish to withdraw."

Reyla rolled her eyes as if she already knew the protocol, and started examining the list. She said several things, and the man went to collect them.

"I pulled out some of the higher weapons for you, Reisa. And considering you can wear anything equipment, I pulled out the strongest extra stuff I had," Reyla explained.

Sheina was mumbling something about wavemasters being so limited in their equipment. The man returned and handed the stuff to Reyla, who in turn, gave it to Teria.

"I would ask for a trade," Reyla said as they walked off, "But since you are new and all, I didn't. Plus, we're friends! Hey, do you think it's safe to take Miss Reisa here to Dun Loireag, Sheina?"

Sheina looked at Reyla, readjusting her grip on her staff. Teria had finished equipping her stuff by now as well.

"Yeah, just don't go to a dungeon there. Maybe I'll find Mimiru there."

Not knowing what was going on, Teria decided to stay quite. Reyla lead the three to the Chaos Gate. She seemed to be choosing something, and a moment later, Teria found herself warping out of Mac Anu and into Dun Loireag.

~*~

A/N: I didn't really explain Sheina or Reyla's outfits, but figure they have the same styles as BT and Mimiru (respectively). Anyways, hope you enjoyed, and yes, we are right at the first half of episode one.

Please Review!