.hack//SIGN Fan Fiction ❯ Of Friendship ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Of Friendship Chapter 3

~*~

A/N: You're back again? Great! Glad to know you are reading this! I'll see what I can do in Dun Loireag, considering I have the little problem of Teria being a little too weak for the dungeons. Reminds me of A-20 in Carmina Gadelica...

~*~

Disclaimer: I SWEAR not has changed since I started!

~*~

"Hey Sheina, isn't that Mimiru over there?" Reyla asked.

Sheina and Teria looked at where Reyla was pointing, and Sheina vigorously nodded.

"Well, maybe I just won't access for awhile," the boy that was with this Mimiru said, who walked off towards the group.

"That is NOT how the game is played!" Mimiru shouted after him, who got up and started to run off of him, not even noticing the trio.

They ran after her and found them at the Chaos Gate.

"If I'm not mistaken, when you are in this game, you can play it however you wish."

"Yeah, I know THAT!"

The boy sighed, and headed towards the Chaos Gate even more. He raised his staff and closed his eyes. He seemed to be trying to log out, but when he didn't, he opened his eyes in shock. Mimiru looked at him confused, as did Teria, Reyla, and Sheina.

"Ya know... I just don't like you." And he left.

"Wha...? What did you just say! STUPID JERK!" she yelled.

"Mimiru!" Sheina shouted at her.

She jumped, and looked at the trio. "Sheina! Reyla! Hey! Wait, how much did you see?"

"From the point of where that boy said that maybe he just won't access anymore," Reyla replied.

Mimiru was probably blushing, but they couldn't tell. She looked at Teria, and grinned.

"So, who's the new one? She looks so much like Lady Subaru of the Knights!" Mimiru said.

It was Teria's turn to blush, and she literally did. "Name is Reisa. And I know, I've met Lady Subaru... Hey, sorry guys, my mom is calling."

"Dinner...?" Reyla asked.

Teria nodded. "Yeah. I'll see all of you tomorrow!"

"Hey, Reisa, here. Have my member address. Call me anytime you want!" Mimiru said.

Teria nodded, and ran towards the Chaos Gate. She made a quick warp back to Mac Anu, and then logged out. After checking her e-mail, knowing she wouldn't have any, she saved her game and turned it off.

Now, the real Teria walked out of her room, brushing back a few stray strands of golden blonde hair behind her ear. She quickly ate her dinner, knowing she probably should get back online. At least for a little bit.

"May I be excuse?"

"Yes, you may."

Teria silently thanked her and went back to her room. After checking for any messages, she sat back in the chair at her desk. Pulling her VA helmet, she grabbed her controller and signed back in.

`New e-mail?' she thought, seeing a `New!' symbol next to the e-mail part. Selecting it, she found quite a few e-mails. `Bear, Reyla, Sheina... and, Subaru? I'll save that for last!' she figured, selecting the one from Bear first.

`Just thought I'd send you an e-mail. If you wish, I can take you to a beginner dungeon sometime. Hope you are enjoying the game so far!'

`That was sweet of him,' she figured, closing that one out and looking at the ones from Reyla and Sheina. Nothing much, just some information about this adventure they'd just gone on with Mimiru. Finally, she opened the one from Subaru.

`Hello,

I saw you in Mac Anu, and I introduced myself to you as well. I would like to have a chance to talk with you alone. Please meet me at the Chaos Gate in Mac Anu as soon as possible. I'm including my member address with this e-mail for you, but don't abuse it.

Thank you,

The Leader of the Crimson Knights,

Subaru'

"I thought she'd want something like that," Teria whispered, logging into the game.

There were some new messages on the BBS, and Teria went to check them.

`CAT PLAYER-CHARACTER WANTED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD'

`That looks important.'

`CAT PLAYER-CHARACTER WANTED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

Posted by: Silver Knight

This is an official notice from the Crimson Knights: A cat player-character is now wanted throughout the world on all servers. Any information on this character should be sent to the Crimson Knights immediately.'

"Yeesh," Teria whispered. "These Crimson Knights are sure bossy. I guess I had better meet up with Subaru though."

Once she was sure there weren't any more new messages, she signed in. Waiting by the Chaos Gate was Lady Subaru, Leader of the Crimson Knights.

"Hello, it's nice to see you came so soon."

"Yeah, same to you," Teria replied.

"Silver Knight, would you please leave us alone?"

The knight next to her bowed and walked off. Subaru motioned towards Teria for her to join her, and the two heavy axes walked off to a private corner.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I'm just wondering, you are friends with Reyla and Sheina?"

"Yeah, in real life too."

Subaru sighed when she said that. "Oh, sorry."

"You don't need to apologize. I was just... you seem like you could be of great assistance to the Crimson Knights."

"What would I have to do?" Teria asked, curious as to why, on only her first day playing, she would be chosen for this group.

Subaru seemed to be thinking for a bit, as if for what to say exactly. "It's just, I'm carrying a heavy burden with running the knights. And I was just wondering if..." Subaru paused, and Teria heard a sniffle.

"Hey, don't cry. It's okay, go on."

"I was just wondering if you'd like to help me out? Become Lady Reisa of the Knights."

"But, my friends? What about Reyla and Sheina?"

"You can still talk with them, even go on a few adventures. But, if you agreed to help me, you agree that you will be available at almost any time."

Teria thought on how to say what she was thinking. "Well, I'm available all day until school starts where I live."

"If you don't mind me asking... where do you live?"

"I'm over in the United States, and school where I live starts up again in a little over a month. But even then, I'd try to be available as much as possible. All right, I agree Subaru. I will join the knights."

"Thank you," Subaru said.

The two walked back to where Teria had seen Subaru earlier. Silver Knight was there with several other knights.

"How may we help you, Lady Subaru?" Silver Knight bowed.

"I would like for Reisa to become a member of the Crimson Knights, to help out in any situation."

"That is fine with us, Lady."

Subaru nodded, and turned to Teria. Teria smiled back at her, and looked up at Silver Knight, who seemed to be concentrating.

"My lady, I have just received a message that summon in Dun Loireag knows about the cat player-character!" Silver Knight exclaimed.

"Let us be on our way then."

Teria gripped the axe Reyla had given her tightly, glad that she had already made such great friends here. She followed Subaru out of Mac Anu and to Dun Loireag, silently praying that she didn't run into Reyla or Sheina, or both, there.

~*~

A/N: That definitely wasn't what I was planning, but it works out for my plan I guess. It's just that Subaru so happens to be my favorite character in this show!!!

Anyways, please review and let me know what you think so far!