6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 6teen/ 7teen: the beginning of a new friendship ❯ The Gang of Six, Now the Band of Seven ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
 
The Party carried on.
 
Jude and Wyatt hooked up with Star and Serena. Jonsey even tried to put on good looks for the ladies, but even those who never knew him before gave him the boot.
 
“Humph… Chicks, they can't keep their hands off me.” He said with a smirk before he got another slap in the face.
 
The fewest of people that did give him thanks were no more than comic book fans who recognized Jonsey as Captain Black from the Captain Scarlet series. “Well… it may not be ladies, but at least it's fame.”
 
Jen and Caitlin were enjoying the good food that was there, and Nikki, well. It was hard to tell if she was having a good time or a bad time, but she did know what to do now.
 
She walked over to me “Uh, Mykan.” I didn't even respond. I was staring outside in the chapel garden, from the tents where Amelie, who had gone for a breath of fresh air, was sitting quietly.
 
Nikki tapped me on the shoulder. “Mykan!”
 
This time I winced. “Oh, sorry… Nikki, I didn't see you there.”
 
“Oh, I wonder why?”
 
Nikki caught me red-handed, I was staring at Amelie wanted to go out and try to get things on with her, but still a Scaredy-Cat. “Mykan, you'll never get to be with Amelie if you don't at least try to ask her.”
 
I twiddled my fingers. “Ah heh, heh… well see, I've never really done this before. I don't actually know what to say to her.”
 
“Well why not just go out there, and tell her that you like her, always have liked her, and if she likes you back as we've heard then maybe she will say yes.”
 
“Do you really think so?” I asked. “For sure, Mykan.” Said Danny who came up to me with Sophie and the rest of the gang.
 
“Danny, how did you know about this?” I asked. Danny just held up the latest copy of Fireball XL5 and compared my face and Steve Zodiac's face. “I'd know your face anywhere.” He said.
 
He told me that it took him a long time to work up the nerve to ask Sophie out on their first date, but when he showed her that he really was sweet, and really cared about her… everything turned out smooth.
 
“Now look at us…” said Sophie, “I never thought Danny was “The One” until I saw how sweet he could be, and he really does do a lot of things to make me happy.”
 
“Dude, remember what I said.” Said Jude. “You Got to, Got to Try a little tnedern-ess!” the others all agreed with him, so I guess there was no stopping it.
 
“Okay… here goes.” I gulped hard and walked outside. The others all watched me as I slowly walked to where Amelie was sitting.
 
“Uh… Amelie?”
 
She looked up, “Oh, `ello Mykan.” She said. “Uh… that song that you and the others sang was really beautiful.”
 
I blushed slightly. “Ah, heh… Thanks.”
 
The others were watching from the tents. “Dude, what's happening over there?” asked Jude.
 
“Nothing's happening… there not really saying much.” Said Jen.
 
Amelie and I sat on the stone bench, but as far away from each other. “So… You're not embarrassed that I used you in my comics?” I asked not even looking at her.
 
“Non…” said Amelie also not looking at me. “Actually, I always wanted to be a star and even `ave more people like me.”
 
Well so far so good, or was it really. We were at least talking, but still not even looking at each other as if we were face to face with a Medusa.
 
“Come on… one of them make the move!” Wyatt said in his thoughts.
 
After a few more minutes, Amelie finally asked. “Why did you use me? I thought that Romance was not for you.”
 
She asked me a question that was probably going to drag the whole thing out of me, so I thought I better say it now or never. I stood up and finally turned to face her, but she was still looking the other way.
 
“Amelie… I… well… I used you because your not like other girls I've ever seen. In fact…” I paused, and took a huge breath. “You're beautiful, smart, and fun. You really inspire me.”
 
Amelie turned around and faced me as she stood. “Oui… go on.” she said with he cheeks starting to turn red.
 
“Well… You see. I only said a lot of stupid things about hating romance, because I was afraid of it. I didn't know how you would respond to me because I thought you were only flirting to joke with me and all… But… well I--”
 
The others were growing tensed at the tents. “Come on Mykan… you can do it man!” Whispered Danny.
 
I summoned up all courage before my body felt ready to explode from shyness. “I… Really, Really Like you, Amelie!”
 
The only other person who said such nice things about Amelie was Jonsey's little brother, Robbie. Amelie's cheeks were really going red now. she held a hand to her heart which was beating wildly. “Mykan.”
 
We still didn't move toward each other. Just standing where we were like chess pieces ready for battle, but now was my only chance there was ever going to be.
 
“Would… would you be my… Girlfriend?”
 
This was it, it was all or nothing. Just one little word… Just ONE!!
 
Amelie and I stood frozen on the spot for a whole minute, and then she softly smiled and said the one little word. “…Oui.”
 
I gasped happily. “You… you will?”
 
Amelie nodded. “Really do like you. You are sweet and caring, but I was always too shy to speak up.” She said. “I'd love to go with you.”
 
“…Merci Amelie, Merci.”
 
Everyone watched as Amelie and I slowly moved towards each other, and embraced in each others arms, and we even shared a soft kiss.
 
They all smiled and quietly awed us. “Way to go, Mykan.” Said Danny, “You D'man!”
 
The Next Day
 
The Mall was as busy as ever.
 
Ron the Rent a cop was going around just looking for excuses to nab at the teenagers.
 
The Kissing couple were still at it. (UGH… do those guys like have world record for the worlds longest annoying kiss!!)
 
Stanley was about causing trouble again with his pop gun, and the gang of six was all at the lemon again.
 
“Man that was some night.” Said Wyatt. “Serena and I practically want to experience another.”
 
“Ooh… I can't wait to get married and have a huge party like that.” Caitlin said.
 
“Well… I just can't wait to find another job that only might get fired from.” Said Jonsey.
 
I approached the table in my cool clothes. “And I can't wait to start a brand new day working at the mall.” I said.
 
“Hey, Mykan… what's shaking?” said Wyatt.
 
I told them everything was going great. Sophie and Danny moved to place just a few miles down from where I lived. Comic Cavern was still doing well, and I planned to take Amelie on a big hot date that night.
 
She passed by me on her way to Soda hop and blew me a kiss. I tipped m shades and winked to her.
 
“Gee… you've really got it going great here, Mykan.” Said Nikki.
 
“Yeah, and there's only one more thing that would make this all absolutely perfect for me.” I said as I moved right up to them. “Well, what say guys? We're cool and all. You don't mind if I hang out with you, huh?”
 
Jen, Caitlin and Jude nodded. So did Jonsey and Nikki, and Wyatt himself. He stood up and shook my hand, “Sure Mykan. It's great to have you with us.”
 
“Welcome aboard, dude.” Said Jude as we bopped fists. I exchanged welcomes from the rest of the gang, and then Caitlin squeezed us some celebration squishes.
 
“Here's to us.” Said Wyatt. “The Gang of six, now the Band of Seven… Rock on!”
 
“ROCK ON!!” we all said as we drank. The new friendship never looked so beautiful.
 
JONSEY… CAITLIN… WYATT… JEN… JUDE… NIKKI… and MYKAN
 
-Now that were through with school
We get to make all the rules.
Spend more time with all my friends.
Always hanging together
In a place where we grew up.
 
I'm 7teen… I'm glad I got my own way
I love my job, and I live at the mall today
And I am on my own now and forever.
 
I'm 7teen, life sure was sweet
Though we grew up way to fast,
Still, The memories will last.
 
JONSEY… CAITLIN… WYATT… JEN… JUDE… NIKKI… and MYKAN
 
I'm 7teen, 7teen…
Got to make the memories last
 
JONSEY… CAITLIN… WYATT… JEN… JUDE… NIKKI… and MYKAN
 
7TEEN