6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 6teen/ 7teen: the beginning of a new friendship ❯ Brother My Brother ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
 
One week later… It was time to make our move.
 
Jonsey was staring at himself in the mirror making flirting looks at himself in his brand new tux, which pretty much looked the same as his old one. “Hey there handsome, looking fine if I do say so myself.”
 
“Ugh… is he going to do this every time?” asked Wyatt.
 
“I don't know.” Said Jude. “When my mom got me my very first suit, I stood in front of the mirror for almost a whole day.”
 
Wyatt's eyes widened. “O…K… Sorry I asked.”
 
Nikki and Caitlin came out from behind the curtains. “Whoa-ho… you two look hot.” Said Jude. “I mean you look so hot… steam looks cool.”
 
Nikki sighed, and Caitlin blushed. “Thanks Jude.” She said. “You guys look handsome too.”
 
Jude and Wyatt extended their thanks, and as usual Jonsey just had to say to Nikki. “Admit it, Nikki… I'm too handsome for you to resist.”
 
Nikki Sighed again “Yeah, sure Jonsey… I'm really digging you.” She said sarcastically.
 
“Uh… where's Jen?” asked Wyatt.
 
“She's still getting her dress on.” Answered Nikki, but too bad Jonsey didn't here that or he wouldn't have gone over to the curtain to tell Jen to move it and…
 
“No, no… Jonsey!!” called Caitlin.
 
“AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!”
 
“EEEEEEEEEEEEE…NOT AGAIN!!!”
 
“Too late!” the others all said at the same time.
 
 
On the way to where the wedding was already underway, Jen and Jonsey were outraged with themselves, and at each other more.
 
“I can't believe you saw me Naked, AGAIN!!” cried Jen. “That must be the fourth time this has happened.”
 
“Hey, hey…” snapped Jonsey. “It wasn't my fault that you were flashing, and besides, I only saw your top.”
 
Jen covered eyes and moaned. “Real smooth Jonsey, real smooth!” said Nikki.
 
“Okay, calm down you guys.” Said Caitlin, “Try to keep in mind on what were supposed to be doing once we get there.” She picked up her phone and called me.
 
I was already there, and the Ceremony had just started. No one suspected a thing. All we needed was for them to show up and for the wedding party to get in the mood.
 
“But you guys are not going to believe who else is here.” I told them that both Star, and Serena were there on the bride's side, as they knew Sophie from back in high school.
 
Wyatt and Jude's faces lit up. “But, why do you sound nervous?” asked Caitlin. But then… “Wait a minute… is SHE there?”
 
Caitlin couldn't see me nodding, but she didn't have too. It was obvious that Amelie was also there, she was also friends with he bride.
 
I said that I wasn't so sure if I could do this anymore. Not knowing that my dream goddess was out there too.
 
Jonsey took the phone. “Look, bro if there's one thing I know about Amelie, it's that chicks like her come around once in a lifetime!”
 
I hesitated, “Jonsey… I--!”
 
“Save it, dude.” Replied Jonsey, “All I'm saying is, you'll never find another girl like her among millions of others. Believe me, I know, I've seen them.”
 
I thought about it, and decided, first we'd do the thing for my brother, then we'd work on me and what would end up wither in total disaster, or a chance at the romance stuff.
 
By them time the gang had arrived, he ceremony was about halfway done, and the bride and groom were exchanging their vows.
 
“Ooh… they look so happy up there.” Caitlin said with a sniffle of happiness. “Caitlin, get away from there, they'll see you.” Nikki called quietly.
 
We all gathered up in the big reception tent in the backyard behind the chapel, and took our places behind a translucent silvery curtain.
 
“Okay, guys this is it… now you all know what to do?” I asked. The others nodded. “Okay, get ready, and keep it low.”
 
We waited for what seemed like a long time, and then finally the reception Party began. “And here they are… Mr. and Mrs. Danny Spotswood.”
 
The bride and groom walked in to all the cheering faces, and they stepped up to the podium, and began their speeches.
 
Nikki was getting a little annoyed at how much longer this was going to take.
 
Caitlin couldn't wait to get at the food, and Jonsey was anxious to check out all those hot chicks out there, but they all knew they had wait.
 
Finally, the moment was coming near when Danny finished telling his story of asking Sophie to marry him. “I'm very glad all of you could be here… but sadly, There's one special guy who I don't see amongst you.”
 
The video screen showed pictures of me and Danny when we were younger. “Mykan… I don't know where you are, or what's happening to you.” He replied, “But I blame myself for it all.”
 
This awed the crowd, and he continued with. “I should never have left you alone like that. I should've been there to help you when you needed it most, and I walked out on you.”
 
“But, even though he's not here, I know he can hear this… I still love him.”
 
The crowd awed again.
 
“He's more than just my brother, he's like a friend to me, and the greatest little guy I ever knew, and for that I'll always keep in my heart and spirit.”
 
I held my head down a bit, feeling really bad. All this time Danny was beating himself up even worse than I was. All he ever wanted was to make peace with me again, and I threw him out every time.
 
Well, that was all going to change right here, right now!
 
“So, if you all don't mind…” Danny said as he motioned for the DJs to start the music. “Me and Sophie wanted to play one very special song for our first dance together.”
 
The crowd made way for the newlyweds. Little did anyone know, that I switched the CD so the song they were playing had no voices, just the music.
 
The song started and the couple began to dance softly across the floor. While behind the curtain, the others and I began to sing.
 
(Mykan)
 
Brother my brother
Tell me what are fighting for
We've got to end this war
We should love one another
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began
We can try
Brother my brother
 
So far so good. Everyone just thought that voice was coming from the speakers. The others and I nodded to each other, and I kept going.
 
(Mykan)

We face each other from different sides
(Jude)
 
The anger burns can't remember why
 
(Wyatt)
It's kind of crazy to cause so much pain
(Jonsey)
 
Our foolish pride makes us hate this way
(Mykan, girls in the brackets)
We watch our world fall apart (Ooooh, Ooooh)
Tell me what good is winning
(Ooooh)
When you lose your heart
(Ooooh)
 
Suddenly, a small spot light was shone towards the curtains. Everyone including Danny and Sophie looked at the seven shadowy figures behind the curtain.
 
“Hey… who's behind there?” asked Danny. The two Coordinators smiled and gently pulled to slowly open the curtains.
 
(All four boys, Girls in the brackets.)

Brother my brother
Tell me what are fighting for
(Ooooh)
Isn't life worth so much more
We should love one another

Oh, can't we just pretend
(Ooooh)
This war never began
(All seven)
 
Tell me why
Brother my brother

Yes
We can try
Brother my brother
Yes
 
(Lyrics Pause)
 
 
Danny couldn't believe it. “Mykan?” he asked. “Is that you little, bro?” I smiled and stepped down. “You bet it is.” I said. “You didn't think I'd want to miss your big day now would you.”
 
Danny thought he would cry, but then he remembered. “But wait… what about the restraining order?” he asked.
 
I smiled again. “That's the other part of my gift for you, in addition to this song.” I said. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the order on the document.
 
I tore it in two, then four, then eight… on and on until I threw all the little pieces of confetti into the air. “Welcome back…” I said. “Brother, my brother.”
 
Danny wiped a tear from his eye. “Oh… come here you.” He said and we shared a great big brotherly hug. The crowd applauded and Sophie wiped a tear from her eye too.
 
“Wow…” sobbed Caitlin, “Brother's reunited, that is so sweet.”
 
Sophie approached me, and kissed my cheek. “Hee, hee… Welcome to the family, Sophie.” I said to her. “You're going make a great in-law for me.”
 
“I was thinking the same thing.” She said. “I always wanted a little brother like you.”
 
I blushed. “Well… why don't you two… Get back on the floor there, and let us finish up.” I said. The couple nodded and turned back tot dance floor. I walked back to the others and we continued the song for the dancing newlyweds.
 
(Mykan)
Let's take a moment and look deep inside
(Jude)
 
And say we'll learn to give love a try
(Wyatt)
 
When matters differ as we seem to be
 
(Jonsey)
 
There's so much more to me than what you see
(Mykan, girls in the brackets)
You don't have to be this way (Ooooh, Ooooh)
Think about the consequences
(Ooooh)
Turn around and walk away
(Ooooh)
(All four boys, Girls in the brackets.)
Brother my brother
Tell me what are fighting for
(Ooooh)
Isn't life worth so much more
We should love one another
Oh, can't we just pretend
(Ooooh)
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother
(All seven)

Brother my brother
Tell me what are fighting for
Isn't life worth so much more
We should love one another
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother
 
(Mykan)
 
Tell me why
Brother my
brother