6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: 2-2-1 ❯ Terrors or Truce? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
As the others helped me to clean up the mess and get the pictures down from the wall they were shocked to learn “You're not going get revenge on them.” asked Wyatt.
 
“Nope…” I simply said. “That's what they want me to do, and I'm not going to give it to them.”
 
“Dude, are you crazy, they drew me as the GERMAN DUDE!” cried Jude.
 
I picked at my ear as it recovered from that shout. “Forget it guys, I'm not going for it; besides… I promised Amelie I wouldn't.”
 
I continued to explain that Amelie had caught on what had been happening all day since I prank the jocks and the Rent-a-cop in front of her, and she heard about what happened at Taj-Mahome. “She thinks I'm getting out of control, and I actually believe her. I'm usually a civilized guy who's only tough when he has to be…” I looked down at Amelie's picture, even though it was ruined, “And I'd rather make my girlfriend happy than make myself feel better any day.”
 
Caitlin and Jen awed passionately, and Nikki had to admit. “Okay… that's pretty sweet.”
 
Wyatt and Jude nodded in agreement. Just then, my cell-phone rang, Bye-Bye-Bye… I answered it, and suddenly I looked worried. “It's Amelie, she says she wants to talk to me, right now! She's sounds pretty mad.
 
The others felt worried for me, but they agreed to finish cleaning up the rest of the mess for me. “What do think Amelie's upset about?” asked Jen.
 
“I don't know…” said Wyatt, “But I just hope it's nothing too serious.”
 
 
I met Amelie on the lower floor, and when I walked up to her and asked. “What's the matter.” She slapped me right across my face. “Hey…!”
 
“Mykan… `ow could you?” she spat at me.
 
“How could I what?” I asked.
 
“Oh don't play… `ow you say… dumb with me.” replied Amelie. “You spoke with me right on my cell-phone and lied to me about Christo and Blade.”
 
I still couldn't understand what she was trying to say, “What are you talking about? I haven't been near those losers for an hour and a half since I left Taj-Mahome.”
 
Amelie was starting to feel confused now, but she was still mad at me. Then she showed me a picture she took on her cell-phone camera, it showed the two Jocks at Taj-Mahome with pie all over their faces, and one of those trick pie-launching boxes was near them on the counter. “Until you decide to quit pranking… I don't know what I'm doing `ere with you.” Amelie growled, and she stormed off.
 
“Amelie…wait!” I called at her, “You got to believe me! I didn't do this!” but she didn't even turn around.
 
 
I met the girls, Wyatt and Jude back at the lemon and Caitlin just kept pouring me more lemon-whips to take the sting out. “I can't believe this.” I said for the umpteenth time. “I'm being tortured for a crime I didn't commit… just like the way my dad used to beat on me.”
 
The others remembered the story about my life in the slum whereas my alcoholic, monstrous father beat on me and my brother, and got thrown in the nuthouse for life.
 
“Mykan… are you sure you didn't prank Christo and Blade?” Jen had to ask.
 
We all looked at her in shock. “What?”
 
“You need to ask…?” I said, “When I have ever lied to my girlfriend, or made a promise to her I had no intention of keeping?”
 
Jen apologized, “But wait… if you didn't do it, then who did?”
 
“Do the jocks have any other enemies?” Wyatt asked. That was possible, but not very probable seeing as how I was now known as the only guy to ever stand up to the jocks whereas all others paid a hefty price.
 
“Wait a minute…” Nikki said, and she remembered from when we discussed about Christo and blade, and how paybacks were fun.
 
“Like I said before… Paybacks are always sweet.”
 
“Hmm… that gives me a little idea for my own little revenge hit on Christo and Blade.”
 
Nikki gasped and smacked her head, “Ack! It must've been Jonesy.”
 
The rest of us gasped, and the Caitlin remembered seeing Jonesy buying two pies from “Nice-Cinnabuns” across from the lemon. “It had to be Jonesy.”
 
Well it was a relief to know that I had proof of my innocence. “What should do first? Go tell Amelie, or strangle Jonesy?”
 
“How about we strangle you?” called a familiar voice. Christo and Blade were marching towards the table, and the still had a few chunks of pie on their faces. “We need to have a little talk.”
 
I got up and stomped towards the Jocks, “All right… start talking.”
 
All was quiet in the mall, when suddenly you could hear Christo, Blade, and myself ranting and raving so much, not even earmuffs would block us out. Even Amelie heard the noise and walked over from the Ice-Cream parlor, and she could see the quarreling. “Ah, non…!” she cried, “Now things are even worse…!”
 
The Jocks and I quarreled about the pies in the face, and the wreckage of my wall-of-fame, and even they didn't believe me when I said I didn't prank them with the pies.
 
“Look… I don't know what your problems are with me…” I snapped. “But you two have got to grow up!”
 
“Yeah right, preach!” growled Christo.
 
Blade nodded in agreement. “You may have one of the coolest gigs in the mall, and you may have bagged the hottest girl in the mall, but we got news for you chum… you're not cooler than we are.”
 
“I DON'T THINK I'M COOLER THAN YOU GUYS!” I shouted.
 
The two jocks were speechless for a moment, “You… what?” they asked.
 
“You heard me… I never thought I was cooler than you guys. Maybe you're both cooler than I am, maybe you aren't… WHO CARES…?!”
 
I explained to the jocks that I didn't care about popularity like they did. All I wanted to do was sell my comic-books, earn money to take care of myself, and help others. “But you two keep acting like a pair of self appointed bullies. You torture people whose coolness doesn't meet your standards; you try and force people to do things they don't like; Gee, I wonder who the real freaks are!”
 
The jocks growled with their teeth showing, but that's when they noticed that a lot of people in the mall were glaring at them as if I was right. Everyone did see them as nothing more than bullies, and creeps.
 
“Just look at us all…” I said. “We are all different, and some people like other things in different ways. We have people who prefer hanging out, and people who prefer to study. People from other countries, and some with different cultures… but we're all people. We all are exactly the same and that can't change. Just because things are different doesn't make us anything less… of what we truly are!”
 
The crowd began to cheer. A tear even ran down Amelie's cheek… and that's when I realized that I just made an inspirational speech. “Uh… sorry about that Jude, it's your place to do it.”
 
Jude waved his hand, “You're doin' fine, bro.”
 
I nodded at him and then turned back to the jocks, “So… what do you say about that?” I said. “You guys learn to ease up, and I'll learn to ease up.” I held out my hand. “Truce…?”
 
Christo and Blade thought it over for moment. “We are so going to regret this.” Christo said, “But whatever…” added Blade, and they placed their hands over mine and the truce was sealed.
 
The crowds applauded, and as the Jocks returned to work. The gang approached me, “Mykan, that was amazing.” said Wyatt. “No one's ever stood up tot Christo and Blade like that before.”
 
“Yeah… maybe things will be a little more peaceful around here now.” added Caitlin.
 
The others added their compliments and then I heard the sound of someone clearing her throat behind me. It was Amelie who had come to apologize for being so hard one me. “Mykan… I never thought that I would `ear such an inspiring speech before.” she said. “I'm so sorry I slapped you.”
 
I rubbed my hand behind my neck, “Hey, it wasn't completely your fault.” I said, “I just hope things like this won't happen as often anymore. So… we cool now?”
 
Amelie walked up to me and pecked me passionately on the cheek. “Mwah! What do you think?”
 
I felt so heavily light, that I just collapsed.
 
“Mykan…?”
 
The others held in a laugh, “Hey, what are we going to do about Jonesy?” asked Jen. “He was mostly responsible for this big fight.”
 
“Oh don't worry about Jonesy…” said Nikki. “I'm sure he's gotten his just-desserts right about now.”
 
 
At Taj-Mahome, Jonesy was working behind the counter when he noticed a gift from Nikki was there. The tag read “Picked this out just for you. XXX: Nikki.”
 
Jonesy, thinking it was so sweet for his girlfriend to actually give him a gift, that he underestimated that it was another one of those pie-in-the-box gags. SPLUT… right in the face, “Ugh… gross!” he groaned.
 
“Jonesy…!” growled the manager.
 
Jonesy could sense he was in trouble, “Look, I can explain this.” he said.
 
“Oh sure…” replied his boss, “And I supposed you'll want to explain this? he showed them pictures he pulled from the security cameras of when he pranked Christo and Blade with the other pie-in-the-box gags. Jonesy laughed nervously… and the next thing he knew he was literally thrown out of the store. “You're fired!” growled his boss.
 
Jonesy sighed and let his head sink down in the plants he landed in.