6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Back to Back together ❯ Fire at "Spin-This" ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Of course, Amelie and I didn't really know if that was really what the Zombites were up to, but from the way Wyatt explained them to us. “Man! Talk about a big gang of murdering creeps.” I snarled softly yet angrily.
 
“Nazis…!” Amelie growled. “Monsters… zat's all zey are!”
 
“Well… get ready, because what happened next is about to leave you guys angry for the rest of your lives.” Serena said…
 
Back to the story
 
Wyatt had gone back to the lemon where the others were there to congratulate him for finally getting even with Serena. Caitlin even gave everyone free lemon-smoothies. Even the Goths “I got to hand it to you Williams.” Marylyn said, “You have one dark soul. We like that in a person.”
 
Morganna, the leader, nodded in agreement, “If we ever need a new recruit, we might consider adding you to our circle of doom.” she said.
 
“Er… thanks, but I think I'll pass.” Wyatt said.
 
Poor Nebula or Starr… she was still recovering and was barely up to speaking. Not to mention everyone was still concerned about where Jude was as well as the attack on the Khaki-Barn.
 
“So, any luck on finding that new job yet?” Nikki asked Jonesy. Her boyfriend shook her head, “I'm not givin' up… there's got to be someone out there who wants a piece of the Jonesmeister.”
 
Jen snorted, “Yeah right… a person like you who's been fired from, who knows how many jobs, I'm sure many people have heard of you already, and they're already smart enough not to trust you.”
 
Her step-brother ignored her completely. “I'm out of here, I don't need to listen to this.” he said. “Wait up…” Wyatt said, “I'm heading for the washrooms. These celebration smoothies went south fast.”
 
Meanwhile
 
In the Zombite's secret lair, all the Goths were making their final preparations for the next attack on the mall. The target was “Spin-This”
 
“All is ready for the demolition to begin, Dark Specter.” said a minion. “On your command, we shall blow that wretched music store to oblivion!”
 
Dark Specter clenched his fist, “Everything will begin to fall into place… Hmm, mm, mm.”
 
His cat, Dark-Damsel, hissed wickedly. “Tell our agent to throw the switch in two minutes!” replied Dark Specter. “I want that mall destroyed, and destroyed it shall soon be! Hmm, mm, eh, eh, eh. Ah, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
 
Serena had spent all day clearing out her stuff from the store, and worst of all was a banner hung by the entrance saying, Now Hiring for New Management.”
 
Right now, Serena was sitting in the private room, sitting on the sofa, and sobbing softly. Chad saw her and offered her a box of tissues. “Hey, lighten up babe…” he said to her, “I feel just as bummed as you do.”
 
Serena dabbed her eyes and looked up. “Chad…” she cried, “How could I have let this happen? I wanted to be friends with Wyatt… and then I saw a new side of him. Now look what's happened…!”
 
Chad had a feeling that his girlfriend words were still coming form her deep secret feelings that she harbored for Wyatt. “Look babe… we'll work this out somehow.” he said, “And like I said before… you just do what you feel you got to. I can be cool with that.”
 
Serena felt a little better, but she was still crushed about having to leave “Spin-This” and never be able to come near the mall again. For now… all she could do was pack up the rest of her things and leave.
 
 
There weren't too many people shopping in the store, and Serena had her other assistants working the place until head-office hired a new manager. As the shopper began to fill out, leaving only three or four people inside… up came that stranger in black.
 
He moved towards the entrance of the store, and suddenly got everyone's attention with his evil sneering voice. “Stay where you are, peasants!”
 
Serena looked up and she was able to make out that voice, but before she could say anything, everyone watched in horror as the stranger began to shut the gates to the entrance and lock them tight. “You're desires of being here will cost you dearly. This Record-Store is about to be destroyed… and you with it.”
 
The stranger began walking away, the people inside began to panic. “Let us out!”
 
“You can't leave us here!”
 
The stranger was already gone, and with all the exits blocked to “Spin-This” he looked around, and he pulled out the same remote control, and clicked it.
 
BOOM…!!
 
KAPOW…!!
 
Real bombs, not dirt bombs, blew in small places in the store. Fires broke out, walls began to crack, and the ceiling began to look shaky. Everyone in the store panicked and cried out for help.
 
Wyatt and Jonesy were at that moment nearing the corridor. “You sure you want to take up that job?” Wyatt asked.
 
Jonesy had just gotten the idea to try and go for that job as manager of “Spin-This”. “Hey… it's a CD store dude, I can handle it.”
 
Wyatt however was starting to think, “Jonesy… do you think maybe I've been a little harsh on Serena?” he asked.
 
“Uh… no…” Jonesy answered. “Wyatt, don't you even think about going all soft again.”
 
Wyatt raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean… soft?”
 
“Dude… I mean that thing you do where you go, “Ooh… I made a big mistake. I don't deserve to hurt someone who's hurt me so many times before
 
Now Wyatt was confused, not about Jonesy's mocking him, but whether or not he really wanted to do all this to Serena at all. After all… there was an old saying that fighting back never really solved problems…
 
Also… he was starting to think that, Serena was being honest with herself now, about her feelings, about how much Wyatt ad grown-up and matured more than she could have expected. Not to mention she was acting the same way he did when he was obsessed with her…
 
…these were all the signs of someone in love.
 
He just wasn't sure of what to do…
 
That's when he and Jonesy turned the corner and what they saw. “WHOA…!”
 
“Spin This” was on fire, and small explosions were blowing from the entrance. The crowds were being controlled by the authorities who had just arrived, and when Wyatt and Jonesy asked what was wrong… they heard that there were people still stuck inside.
 
The firemen had managed to get most of the people out, but that's when Wyatt and Jonesy overheard, “There's still two people trapped in there…One black girl and her boyfriend.
 
 
Wyatt gasped softly, “Serena… Chad! Their inside…?!”
 
Wyatt had his share of fire studies in science-class and he could tell that the store was braking up on the inside. The whole place would collapse any minute. Wyatt was twitching and sweating nervously… “AAH… I can't let this happen!” he cried, and he ran past the crowds, and the un-seeing firemen and policemen, and ran into the store…
 
“WYATT…!!” Jonesy called.
 
 
Wyatt had already made it through the shattered gate, and into the burning store. The flames were pretty big and spreading fast. The walls were crumbling, and the pipes were bursting.
 
Wyatt was hold his arm to his face trying to ease off the smoke, and he was still coughing. “Chad… Serena!” he called “Where are you…!”
 
Pipes and tiles began to tumble down from the ceiling as the explosions got bigger and bigger. Suddenly, Wyatt heard coughing coming from the corner. “Hello…!” he called out.
 
“Wyatt… over here man!” Chad coughed.
 
Wyatt followed the voice and found Chad laying on the ground with a shelf collapsed on his feet. They weren't broken, but badly sprained “Chad… you okay?”
 
“No man… my feet are killin' me!” he cried.
 
Wyatt helped Chad get the shelf and rubble off his feet and he tried to help him out of the store. “No, no, no Wait…!” he cried. “Get Serena out of here first!”
 
He pointed to behind him, and there was Serena lying unconscious in the smoke. “Oh man!” Wyatt cried. “I'll be back… try to stay calm!”
 
 
Outside, the rest of the gang had gathered in the crowd and they couldn't believe that Wyatt was inside their. “WYATT…!” Caitlin called. “CAN YOU HEAR US…?”
 
No response was heard, and then suddenly Wyatt burst thought eh smoke cradling Serena in his arms. “I NEED SOME HELP HERE!!” he shouted, and the paramedics took care of Serena, and Wyatt told the firemen to go help Chad out… “HURRY…!”
 
All the firemen broke in, some rushed into help Chad out safely, and the rest used their fire-extinguishers and emergency-hoses to get the fire under control.
 
Serena however was diagnosed to be in a coma from inhaling too much of the smoke and from a sate of shock. Both she and Chad needed hospital attention immediately.
 
So they were rushed out of the mall, and Wyatt… he didn't know what he should have felt how to feel it.