6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Holiday Fears ❯ Looking to Leave ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
The next day, the mall would be closing soon, and once again everyone was at Comic-Cavern, Jonesy was there getting used to the place for his big take over, but right now… I had a bit of a problem.
 
I was up the stairs looking through the broom closest; tossing one thing after another out the door. “Ugh… where are they?!” I growled for what had to be the umpteenth time. “Uh… Mykan…?” Jonesy called dup to me.
 
I poked my head out the door, without my shades on for the first time in a while. “Huh…?” then BONK, a pail fell on my head and I tumbled down the stairs. “Oh…! Ow…! Aye…! Eh…!”
 
Jonesy rushed over to help me up. “You okay bro…?”
 
I pulled the bucket off my head, and caught my breath. “Yeah, I'm fine.” I answered. “Okay… here's you're list of things to do while I'm gone. The floor needs to be swept. Shelves need dusting. Comic books in the back need to be rotated. The Marquis-Lights need to be inspected and replace any burnt out ones… oh… and whatever you do, make sure Ron does not shut me down… okay-okay-okay… good.”
 
Jonesy could sense the tension I was going through. “You haven't found your shades yet, have you?”
 
“No…!” I practically whined. “Amelie and I leave are leaving fro the airport in a few hours! I can't find them anywhere!”
 
Jonesy never knew that I could get so worked up like this. “Take it easy Mykan. Soon you'll be off to France with Amelie. The Eiffel tower… the Kan-Kan… and all the delicious quasants you can eat.”
 
I raised an eyebrow. “Uh, Jonesy… it's pronounced Croissants.”
 
“Yeah… I knew that.” replied Jonesy. Just then, the rest of the gang came over to deliver their sorry news. “They're not at the lemon.” said Caitlin. “Only I wasn't really looking because I was distracted by all the hot guys.”
 
“It's not at the Penalty-Box.” Jen said. “And FYI… Coach gave me three penalties in a row just because I was searching for them.”
 
“Dude… they aren't at Stick-It, and there' not at the rink.” said Jude. “Believe me… if they were my Zamboni would've chewed `em up by now.”
 
Serena and Wyatt didn't have any luck either. “They weren't at Spin-This or at McFlipters.” Serena said. “We looked pretty much everywhere.”
 
Nikki came by with a smile on her face. “Ahh… I found it! I found it!”
 
I rushed over to her. “You found my shades?”
 
“You're shades…? As if.” replied Nikki “I lost my tongue piercing when Jonesy and I went for lunch. I remember he gave to me last year.”
 
“And man… was I on nose for that.” Jonesy said. “Or should I say… on the tongue...?” Then he shared a kiss with his girlfriend, but sad to say that this didn't help me at all as I sat on the display windows. “Oh great… I can't believe this.” I sulked. “I'm going to have miss-out on this once in a lifetime chance to go on vacation all because I can't find my shades!”
 
Amelie walked over towards me. “Mykan… look on my neck.” she said softly.
 
“Don't be ridiculous! My shades are not around your neck.” I snapped.
 
“Would you just look…?” replied Amelie. I sighed and pointed out, “See… no shades. Just the necklace I gave you on our third date.”
 
“Oui… and zee special girl whom you gave it too would want you to come with her, with or without your sunglasses.”
 
I began to feel horrible for the way I was acting. “I'm sorry, Amelie. I didn't mean to snap at you.” I said. “It's just that, I can't believe this is really happening. My first ever vacation, not having worry about work, just you and me, and--WHOA!”
 
Amelie suddenly curled her arm around my neck and began to slowly pull me towards her face. “You are cute when you care.”
 
“Amelie… not in front of the guys…!” I said.
 
Amelie giggled as she moved in closer. “Let zem look. I don't care…” and her lips met mine. The others couldn't help but “Aw!” for us.
 
Just then, Starr came skating in. “Hey… hey guys.” She cried while trying to catch her breath. “Okay… I got good and bad news.” She held out her arms. “Good news is… I found your shades Mykan.”
 
I leapt for joy. “MY SHADES…!” I grabbed them from her at once and hugged her tightly. “Oh, Starr thank you thank you thank you! Where'd you find them?”
 
“Uh… well that's the bad news…” Starr said nervously, and no sooner did she finish speaking did Ron come driving in his cart. “I thought I smelled something fishy.” he said.
 
He then noticed that the whole store was in a mess, and he wouldn't but an excuse that we were all just looking for my shades because I lost them. “Ah-ha…! Failure to secure private property, and to sanitize local business store…? Just the evidence I need to give you maggots a taste of justice.”
 
Everyone sighed irritable and then gazed over at me with the “Do it…” expressions on their faces. So I stepped up to Ron. “Uh… letter for Ron the Rent-A-Cop. Letter for Ron the Rent-A-Cop…”
 
“Oh… are you Ron the Rent-A-Cop?”
 
Ron raised his eyebrow in confusion “You know that fully well punk. Now what do you want?”
 
I held out a small envelope. “I have letter for you.”
 
“How's that…?”
 
“I said I have a letter for you.”
 
“Hmm… all right then… let me have it.”
 
“Okay… and here it is!” I said as I reached into the envelope and then quickly slapped on Ron, BOING “The Letter R! We all burst out laughing and then headed back into the store leaving Ron once again ashamed at himself for falling for my pranks again.
 
“I should ask Santa for a prank neutralizer.”
 
Later on
 
With the store cleaned up, my apartment across the street locked-tight, and my bags all packed; even my little beguile dog, Penny was coming with me it was time to hit the road with Amelie's folks. The guys were all there at the exit to wish me off.
 
Some of them were actually crying as if they were going to see me again. “Bye Mykan…” cried Caitlin.
 
Jude sniffled, “It's been nice knowin' ya dude.”
 
“Guys… I'm just going on vacation. It's just for a couple of weeks.” I told them once again.
 
“But dude… You'll be in France. That's at least… six hours away!” replied Jude.
 
The next thing I knew, he Caitlin, and Jen were all hugging me. “Oh, who am I kidding…? I'll miss you guys too.” I said as I hugged them back.
 
I extended a few fist bops and hugs with the others and then gave Jonesy my keys to Comic-Cavern. “She's all yours Jonesy. Keep her in tip-top shape for when I get back.”
 
Jonesy saluted to me as he took the keys. “You can count on me… boss.”
 
I smiled at that. I never had been called boss before as I never could hire any employees. Then I smirked at the guys one last time. “Well… I'm in the wind. Happy Holiday's guys.”
 
They all continued to wave at me as Amelie and I walked out to the cab waiting for us, and then we were gone.
 
 
Before I knew it, we were thousands feet in the air on a jet headed non-stop to Paris, France. Amelie noticed that I seemed to be a little shaken of something. “Are you alright Mon Cher?” she asked.
 
I nodded. “I am excited about all this, I really am… but I do worry about leaving Jonesy in charge of the store.”
 
Amelie knew what I meant remembering the time when she worked with him at the ice-cream parlor and he kept harassing her to go out with him, and the ways he would always mess up. She just had to fire him, but at least she was good friends with him now, and the others. “Don't worry… I'm sure he cannot get into too much trouble in a few days.”
 
I smiled at my girlfriend. “Hmm! I guess not.” I said… but that was only what I thought.