6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Lassie Lass ❯ In Big trouble ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
We all gathered at the lemon for a quick squeeze before heading back to work, and everyone noticed that Jen was still acting in a daze. “Uh oh… somebody's crushing again.” Caitlin said.
 
“And what makes you so sure?” asked Nikki.
 
Caitlin whipped up one of her magazines. “I can tell… it says here, that when a girl is starring off into space with her eyes half open, no blinking, and a dazed smile on her face… That's defiantly the face of a girl in love.”
 
I took the magazine from her and looked at it more closely. “Feminine-Faces…” I said reading the title on the cover. “How to tell what a girl feels by reading her expression? Cool…”
 
“Hey… you wouldn't happen to be crushing on that Scottish guy we met at Comic-Cavern, are you?” Wyatt asked Jen.
 
Jen snapped out of her daze, and nodded, “That guy was so incredibly cute!” she cried. “Ah! I should've walked up to him and said hi.”
 
Even I knew how Jen felt, the others had once told me about Jen's super difficulties in getting a boyfriend. Sadly I didn't know how to help her, and neither did the others. Jen sighed as she got up. “I better get to work.” and she walked away sadly.
 
Jonesy got up too, “I better go too, first day on my new job at the “Magic-Mansion”
 
“Seriously…?” asked Wyatt, “Isn't that the place where magicians sell their old props and things they don't need anymore.”
 
Jonesy nodded, but Nikki didn't seem too impressed. “Oh please… there's no such thing as Magic.”
 
“Oh really…?” her boyfriend said. then he snapped his fingers and a rose instantly appeared in his hand, much to the others amazement. “You were saying…?” Jonesy said as he handed the rose to his girlfriend.
 
Nikki wasn't sure how Jonesy did that, “Okay… okay, I'm impressed.”
 
Jonesy kissed her on the cheek and he was off.
 
Later on
 
Jen was behind the counter at the Penalty-Box, and Caitlin came along to keep her company. She was still acting in a daze because of that boy from Comic-Cavern. “Oh cheer up Jen…” said Caitlin, “If you just go and talk to him he may like you.”
 
“Spoken by a girl who thought she found “The-One” a-hundred times.” Jen mocked. “Oh, I want to talk to him, but… I don't know anything about Scotland, or the people there.”
 
Caitlin twirled her long hair, “Hmm… I see what you mean. Mykan still has to correct you when you forget to use a Scottish accent when we read Fireball XL5.”
 
Jen sniggered slightly, and then began to use her fake Scottish voice. “Aye, that I do lass… that I do.” she said. “Now if only that lonely man, he'd notice me.”
 
“Ahem, uh… pardon me.” said a familiar voice. Jen looked round and gasped, it was that same boy from Comic-Cavern. “Sorry for intrudin' but I couldn't help here you speakin' with an accent from my old country.”
 
Jen nearly muttered and drooled in confusion about what to do and say, but that's when Caitlin nudged her, and gave her the “Keep going…” expression.
 
Jen walked over and continued to speak in her fake accent. “Uh… yah… I was speakin' the old language from old Scot's town.” she said. “Uh… I'm… Jennifer Masterson.”
 
The boy smiled at her, and kissed her hand. “Pleasure… the name's Jacque MacDonald” he said, “I must swear… I never expected to find bunny-lass like you from the old country here in good ol' Canada.”
 
Jen blushed, and fluttered her eyes.
 
“So… where ya all from Jennifer?” asked Jacque.
 
Jen suddenly was at blank, “Uh… well I just told ya… I'm from the… uh… old country.”
 
Jacque raised an eyebrow. “Uh… I knew that, but where in it exactly?”
 
Jen really didn't know what to do now, as she hadn't much knowledge about Scotland. “Uh… well uh… where are you from there?” she asked.
 
Jacque answered “Why I'm from the ol' capitol, Edinburgh. Such as I, me father, and grandfathers before him.”
 
Jen quickly got the idea and lied that she was format the same place. “No foolin'? I'm from the old Capitol too.”
 
Jacque really felt like he was having a huge connection with Jen. “Hmm… I think we need to talk a little bit more. Say tonight at the “Old Haggish-Wagon” and then maybe a dance or two?”
 
Jen gasped in excitement, “EEE…!” she shrieked. “You had me at hello...” she answered, and almost nearly spoke in her normal voice.
 
“Great…” exclaimed Jacque, “Until then me mistress… oh, and bring your clothes from the old country. I'd like to see `em meself what cha'd looked like.” and he left.
 
Jen kept waving at him until he was out of sight, but then she realized. “My Scottish outfit…?” she cried in her normal voice. “Oh, no… what have I gotten into?”
 
Caitlin tried to calm her down. “Take it easy. You were just asked out on a date by a cute Scottish guy.”
 
Jen Grabbed Caitlin by the shirt, “Yeah… and he thinks I'm Scottish too, and wants to talk more about his country… which I have no knowledge about at all.”
 
Suddenly, they both heard a loud whistle. “MASTERSON… No grabbing store customers, you know that.” bellowed Coach-Halder. “Five minute foul!”
 
Jen growled in anger and confusion, and worry as she moved into the penalty-box. “Don't worry, Jen… I think I have a plan.” Caitlin said.
 
“You think…?” asked Jen. “I don't like the sound of that.”
 
Caitlin called up Nikki… “Yello…”
 
“Nikki… its Caitlin. Jen's got a problem here and needs your help, ASAP” Caitlin told her, “A geographical guy problem.”
 
Nikki smirked wickedly. “So she finally bagged the boy huh?”
 
“No, not yet… but she has a date with him tonight and needs your help.”
 
Nikki agreed to help, and hung up. Caitlin giggled, “Hee, hee… this is going to be so sneaky.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Jude was visiting Jonesy at the “Magic-Mansion” on his break from the ice-rink, and then he'd have to get back to “Stick-It” soon.
 
There were all kinds of things there; Wands… capes… magic-curtains, just about all the works of a Magician's case. There were even some birds and rabbits in cages. “Hu-hu-hu… Awesome…” Jude said, and then something met his eyes.
 
There at the front of the store was a big green box with a door that had a looking hold in it. Jonesy came by and complimented, “Sweetest gig I've ever had.” He also was hoping that nothing would go wrong and he'd get fired again, but that's when he saw Jude admiring the box.
 
“Awesome, Dude… what is this thing?”
 
Jonesy explained that it wasn't for sale, it was just being looked after. “It actually belongs to Amazo the Magician. He's performing a show soon and asked my boss to look after it.”
 
Jude thought it was so cool, he just had to check it out. “Uh, but Jude don't go in there.” Jonesy tried to warn him, but Jude didn't care, “Relax dude… I know what I'm doin'.” He said as he climbed in.
 
“But Dude… whatever you do… don't slam that door!” cried Jonesy.
 
CLANG! The door snapped shut and locked tight with chains. Jonesy smacked his forehead, “Too late…”
 
“What, I didn't slam it.” said Jude. “I closed it very quietly.”
 
“Yeah… and you're never going to open it again.” replied Jonesy.
 
“Huh?” Jude asked sounding a little worried. “What are you talkin' about?”
 
“Well I tried to warn you that it's a trick-door. Only Amazo the magician can open it.”
 
Jude's eyes widened, and he panicked, but he couldn't open the door. “Dude… you gotta' get me outta' here, I got a date with Starr tonight.” He cried, “Go get Amazo.”
 
“I can't… he's in Nebraska.” Said Jonesy. “My break's over in a minute.” He went away leaving Jude stuck in the box. “And I'm in big trouble.”