6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Lassie Lass ❯ Box or no box ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The girls met at the Lemon where Nikki had brought her history books. “Okay remind me again what's going on here?” she asked.
 
Caitlin sighed and explained to her again that Jen had a date with Jacque, “He thinks Jen's Scottish, but she doesn't know much about the country or anything. So you help her study, and she'll be ready for her date.”
 
“Uh-huh…” Nikki said. “Like this is really going to help.”
 
All the rest of that day, Nikki went through her books with Jen about Scottish traditions, about the culture, and laws… things like that. Jen also studied in Scottish literature, and was able to improve her fake accent. She sounded almost like the real thing.
 
Jen also learned about Scottish dances, specifically the jigs. Nikki even persuaded the Clones to let her use the back room at the Khaki-Barn to practice, but Jen had a hard time as she didn't like Bag-pipe music so much, and she wasn't dressed properly either.
 
Luckily, Caitlin had her “Albatross N” Finch” card, and bought Jen a whole new outfit; A white sweater, a red and black stripped skirt, and white leggings, and even a cap for her head.
 
Caitlin gave her a thumb up, and even Nikki had to agree, “Not awful.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Jonesy phoned Wyatt and me about Jude, and we both rushed over there with a crowbar and hammer. We tapped all we could, but the door still wouldn't open, and none of the locks will break. “Ugh! Well, it's no good Jude.” I told him, “I don't think we'll ever get you out of here before closing time.”
 
Jude felt horrible. “Better call up Starr and cancel tonight.” he said, but then he realized that he didn't have his cell-phone on him. “Can any of you dude's call up Starr for me?” he asked.
 
We all agreed, but sadly Starr's cell phone wasn't on, and we could only give her a message, but Jude didn't feel comfortable enough unless he knew that Starr would know the date was off for sure. “Well then… go find her and tell her from me.” Jude suggested.
 
We all would have except for one problem. “Uh… Jude…” Wyatt said. “We haven't seen Starr anywhere all day. You know, she doesn't work today.”
 
Jude suddenly remembered that when he and Starr had dates, Starr would take time off, and would spend the whole day getting ready, not answering her cell-phone, or come to work. “Aw… Man!” Jude cried and he fainted into the box.
 
Jonesy looked through the hole, but couldn't see him in the darkness. “Jude…?” he called. “Gee… Poor dude's taking it kind of hard.”
 
Wyatt and I nodded our heads in agreement. This was one heck of a pickle.
 
Later on, after Jude recovered from his faint. I brought Jude a much needed burger and fries. “Oh, thanks a bundle dude.” he cried. “I'm starvin'…”
 
“Focus guys…” Jonesy said, “What are we going to do? Because I have to close up shop soon, but I can't leave Jude like this.”
 
He was right on that, but what was bothering us the most was what Jude was going to do about Starr. He never let her down before, and he didn't want her to feel like he stood her up. “Well you can't go out with her in the box.” Wyatt said.
 
Then suddenly Jude realized, “Yes I can…”
 
We all gazed at him in confusion, and that's when Jude began to give us one of his inspiring speeches.
 
“I may be locked in a box, but that doesn't mean I can't still live my life. Sure there are a lot of things I can't do, but the most important thing about a date is that I actually show up. Starr's my lady-love, and as a gentleman, I refuse to let her down. So box or no box… I will go out with her tonight!”
 
I believed in Jude's words, “He's right… I'd go out with Amelie any time no matter what.”
 
“I almost lost Serena so many times before… but I won't lose her again.” added Wyatt.
 
“Ditto with me and Nikki…” said Jonesy.
 
Then it was settled, we all agreed to find a way to get Jude on his date, the trouble was the box was too heavy with him inside it to carry it anywhere that much. “Hey, I got a trolley back at Comic-Cavern.” I said.
 
“Let's go get it…” Wyatt suggested, but before we could run off we found Ron was standing near us. “Nobody's going anywhere until I receive an explanation.” He said as he pounded his flashlight into his hand. “Why is this shopper trapped in a box? Plotting some sort of evil shoplifting I suppose.”
 
We all tried to argue, “Ah-Ha, got'cha…” Ron said, and he began to jot down on his note-pad. “I'm going to haul you maggots off to the slammer for this.”
 
I could see that the only way out of this was one of my pranks; I gave Wyatt and Jonesy the signal to run by tipping my shades, and then asked. “Haul us off to jail…? Would you like 2?”
 
Ron looked up in confusion and asked, “What say…?”
 
“I say… would you like 2?”
 
Ron prodded me with his pencil. “You bet your ungrateful maggot butt I'd like 2.”
 
“Okay… here's 2!” I said as I slapped great big number-2 on his stomach that made a big “BOING” sound.
 
The guys and I shared a hysterically laugh and then we ran off leaving Ron realizing that he fell for it again. He gazed down at the 2 that was stuck to him. “2… late!” he sighed as he walked off.
 
Jude couldn't stop laughing. “Dude… I guess things aren't really all that bad.” but while he laughed, the little window clanged shut over his peek-hole completely locking him in. “On the other hand…”
 
Meanwhile
 
Jen was ready for her big date that night. She had studied a lot for just one day. “You're going to knock him dead.” Caitlin complimented.
 
“Aye that I agree with lass…” Jen said in her Scottish accent. “And it's thanks to you both that I was able to get-up right like this.”
 
Just then, Jacque came by dressed in a formal Scottish wear. A half tuxedo at the top with a kilt at the lower half… “Ah, Jennifer, lass…” he said as he walked over and kissed her hand. “My you look as hot as a sun beaming down on the golf-course.”
 
Jen giggled, and fluttered her eyes, “I thank you for the compliment.” she said, “I feel like giddy girl bein' swept off her feet.”
 
Jacque smiled at her and off they went. “Aw… don't they look cute together.”
 
Nikki just looked back into her magazine. “I'll give her thirty-minutes.”