6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Lassie Lass ❯ A box to go ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Jacque took Jen to his father's restaurant, “The Haggis wagon” Jen was really impressed. Especially seeing as how some of the other customers were also Scottish people, and along the walls were pictures and paintings of important Scottish people… including the telephone inventor, “Alexander Graham…” Jacque sighed. “Now there was a man who helped make our world more sociable.”
 
“Aye… that he was.” Jen said.
 
When they sat down to eat, there was already a nice Haggis dinner served, compliments of Jacque's father, who was the head chief too. Jen almost had no idea what she was eating, but it tasted so good. “So this is Haggis?” Jen asked. “I never knew it would taste like this before.”
 
Jacque seemed confused, “You never had Haggis before?” he asked. “That's impossible; anyone who's anyone from the old country's tried it.”
 
Jen thought fast, “Uh… well… you see I was once a vegetarian way back then, and I… uh… decided to change my ways when I grew bored with it.”
 
Jacque believed her, but he was starting to think that something didn't seem quite right about Jen. Still, they chatted some more as they ate, and Jen was able to keep perfectly on her toes with out slipping.
 
Meanwhile
 
Jonesy was ready to close up shop when I came by with my trolley that was big enough to carry a huge crate. “Jude…you in there…?” I called.
 
“What…? Who's out there?” Jude called from inside the box. “It's so dark in here I can't see my finger pickin' my nose.”
 
“Jude, it's Mykan.” I said. “I got the trolley, we're going to try and get you downstairs.”
 
“Aw, Sweet…” cried Jude.
 
Jonesy locked up the shop, and then he, Wyatt and myself got on separate sides of the box. “Okay… up!” said Wyatt, and we all pulled all our might to lift that huge thing up onto the trolley. Inside, poor Jude was being rocked about. “Whoa… Whoa… take it easy dudes!” he called to us.
 
“Take it easy?” groaned Jonesy as he put more muscle into it, “You gotta' be kidding!”
 
It took some time but we finally got the box onto the trolley. The three of us slumped down already exhausted… unaware that the trolley was staring to roll down hill.
 
“Now that I know what a delivery-man has to go through, I'll never order another parcel again.” moaned Wyatt.
 
“Come on…” I said, “We got to get him to the elevators. Starr's going to be here any minute.” We all got to our feet to find that the box and the trolley were gone. “Hey… where'd Jude go?” I asked.
 
Jonesy tapped on my and Wyatt's shoulder's. “Say uh… did we order a box to go?” he asked.
 
Wyatt and I gazed at each other in confusion. “No… why…?” Wyatt asked.
 
Jonesy pointed down the way and we saw the trolley zooming away. “Because… THERE IT GOES…!” and we all dashed after it.
 
The trolley was picking up more speed as it rushed through the mall, scarring the shoppers in its path. Jude lifted up the little cover over the face-hole and realized, “WHOOOOOOA…WHO'S DRIVIN' THIS CRAZY THING?
 
Up and down, here and there, Jonesy, Wyatt and I chased that runaway trolley all over the fourth-floor. Then it got worse as it headed straight for the escalators. All the shoppers saw it coming and leapt over holding onto the handrail as the trolley hit the stairs. Jude felt like he was rolling over speed-bumps. “EEE-E-E-E-E-E-E…!”
 
The others and I weren't too far behind him. “JUDE…!” called Wyatt.
 
“HANG ON BUDDY…!” cried Jonesy.
 
Meanwhile
 
Jen and Jacque had finished eating a while ago, and on Wednesday nights at his father's place, it was dance night. “All right you lads and lasses…” called the Scottish DJ. “It's seven on the button… you know what that means.”
 
A few of the customers got up from their tables and walked into the large space in the middle of the restaurant, and began to dance to a Scottish jig. “Hey, Jennifer… why don't you go up there.” Jacque suggested.
 
“Me?” Jen asked. “Oh but I'm not that good at dancin'. I'm not.”
 
“Oh, come on…!” Jacque pleaded “Surely any lass like you would know how to dance a simple Scot's jig.”
 
Jen couldn't resist, and kept in mind she had an image to maintain, so she got up and walked into the space, and remembering the dance steps she learned from Nikki's book, she wasn't that bad for a first timer. In fact… she was spectacular…
 
The way she kicked up on her heels, kept her hand above her head. Some of the boys even ogled her at how pretty she looked, and a few… even tried to look up her skirt as it fluttered in the breeze… but she was wearing leggings anyways.
 
Jen caught a glimpse of Jacque winking at her. She blushed, and smiled, but as she continued to dance she could still overhear what he was saying to one of the customers who questioned him, “Hey… who's that bunny-lass there?”
 
Jacque answered, “Her name's Jennifer… the bonniest-lassie I ever met. I never thought I meet another real Scottish girl like her, but it's glad I did.”
 
“Real Scottish girl…?” Jen began to realize what was going on and she was feeling rather guilty over her charade. It sounded as if Jacque only liked Jen was what she appeared to be… and not who she really was.
 
Was that what Jen really wanted… to date a guy only because he believed that she was someone whom she really wasn't? “No… I can't do it, not like this… Jen thought. “I have to tell him the truth… somehow.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Starr had finally come to the mall, and was sitting on one of the rest benches. She checked her watch, “Whoa… Jude's late.” She said to herself, “Or maybe I'm like caught in a space-time warp where time goes faster than I do.”
 
Suddenly, she heard the sounds of people screaming, and she looked up to see shoppers running along the upper-floors really fast. “Wow… I must be totally right about the time warp thing.” and she ran off to check out what the crowd was running from… and it turned out to be the runaway trolley that was still roaming freely through the mall.
 
Jonesy, Wyatt and I were still chasing after it, and the box was now heading straight for Starr. She could see through the face-hole. “Jude…?”
 
STARR… LOOK OUT, BABE…!” cried Jude.
 
Starr screamed, but instead of jumping out of the way, she jumped onto the trolley beside the box. “Hey, Jude…” She said to her caged boyfriend, “Sweet ride you got here.”
 
Starr smiled nervously at his girlfriend as the trolley continued to zoom through the mall and right past the lemon. “Did you see what I saw…?” Nikki asked Caitlin.
 
Caitlin nodded, “Was that Jude and Starr, with a big green box on a runaway trolley?” Caitlin asked.
 
Then they saw me, and the others run past yelling, “JUDE…!”
 
“STARR… WAIT UP!”
 
Nikki and Caitlin gazed a horrifying expression at each other and ran off to join the chase.
 
 
At that moment, Jacque and Jen were wrapping up their date as they walked through the mall. “You alright there, Jennifer…?” asked Jacque. “You seem rather quiet.”
 
Jen twiddled her fingers nervously as she bit her lower lip. “No… I got to tell ya somethin'.” She said sounding worried.
 
“Why? What's the matter lass…?”
 
Before Jen could speak though, they both could feel the floor rumbling as if a stampede was approaching. Then they could see the trolley speeding towards them. They both screamed, so did Starr… as for Jude… he ducked down in the box as the trap cover closed over the hole.
 
Jen SCREAMED… just as the box collided into her and Jacque. Loud crashes… glass breaking, and cats meowing were heard in the great big… CRASH!
 
The rest of the gang, and myself, arrived on the scene to find Jacque and Jen covered in garbage from the can they tripped over, the box was all scratched and dented, but at least Jude was finally freed… and he and Starr were sitting on top of the box, giggling and kicking their feet. “That was like the awesomest wipeout ever!” Starr cried for joy.
 
“Totally… SWEET!” added Jude.
 
All Jen could do was groan! “Ooh… Ah!”