6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mrs. Jonesy & Mr. Nikki ❯ Planning problems ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
Why don't we do that calendar countdown thing we saw on THE WEDDING DESTROYERS
(Number of days to go) When you see that, you know what to picture and what music to play in your head
CHAPTER FOUR
Now that Jonesy and Nikki's engagement was totally official it meant that we could all pitch in and help plan the wedding, but three weeks wasn't a lot of time to prepare and with so much to do.
At least Nikki and Jonesy were allowed to decide how big or small they wanted it to be, and they chose it to be small. Nothing too big…invite maybe a few friends and relatives, and of course we were all in.
Hilda still didn't rehire Jonesy, but she was willing to use discount for a former employee. This made it so we'd all save a little money, and it also helped that Nikki's dad was president and CEO of that company he worked for so money issues were even looser than ever.
And so, the first few days past…
(-18 days remain)
Jen was in charge of the guest list, and the list of those in the wedding party. She herself, Caitlin and Courtney would be the bridesmaids, and Jonesy decided to make Jude his best man. “Best-man…? Sweet…!” Then he blinked in confusion, “What's the best-man do?”
The rest of us couldn't believe he didn't know that the best-man was supposed to hang on to the wedding rings and give them to the bride and groom at the ceremony. “Ohh…! Right…”
Wyatt and I obviously didn't mind Jude was best-man, we already had our roles. Wyatt's band was going to play at the wedding party, and I was going to be the main vocalist. We even were working on a writing a new song together for Jonesy and Nikki. Plus, Robbie and Diego were acting just as juvenile as ever. No way Jonesy would let one of them be it.
Serena, Amelie, and Starr were invited as my, Wyatt, and Jude's guests.
The parents, siblings, including Nikki's sister who was the flower-girl, the gang members, the girlfriends, and the other three members of Wyatt's band, excluding Jonesy and Nikki… there were nineteen of us already. Baby Emma wouldn't be too much to add to the cost. “Oh, don't forget The Clones.” Jude reminded her. “Jude…!” snapped Nikki.
Despite they were he co-workers and employers; Nikki still wasn't keen on having them at her wedding. Jen marked twenty-one on her list. “Whoa… I don't like the looks of this already.” she groaned. She was worrying about how much everything would cost.
A place to hold the wedding…
Clothing…
Flowers…
Catering…
Photography…
And many, many more…!
“Well… at least you got the music handled.” Wyatt said. I agreed with him, “We don't mind doing it for free.”
Jonesy and Nikki were grateful to all of us, but they insisted we take it easy only to have us protest back that this was out gift to them and we were only more than pleased to do it.
Still, Nikki and Jonesy had other things to worry about too, such as Nikki being pregnant, if so. They would have to learn a few things, like how to actually take care of a baby… which they both were not so good at.
They would also have to learn to live together.
“You mean… you're parents' are forcing you to bunk together too?” I asked.
“It's her parents' idea.” Jonesy said, “It what married couples do.” He then said acting like Nikki's dad. Nikki laughed at how goofy he made her father sound.
Luckily, Jonesy' dad and Jen's mom were allowing Nikki to come over and stay in Jonesy's room for a while, and they could practice being parents with Baby Emma, and again, everyone would be there to help.
“Nikki…?” called as voice.
“Mom…? What are you doing here?”
Miranda was doing some shopping for the wedding and thought she'd stop by to remind Nikki that she booked a fitting appointment. “Fitting…? Fitting for what?”
“For your wedding dress, dear.” said Miranda.
Nikki bolted up from her chair. “What…?! Oh-ho, no way! No way am I wearing one of those tacky shreds of white.”
Her mother wouldn't hear any arguments again. “I felt the same way when I married your father, and my mother put me through it. So I'm going to do the same for you. Your fitting is on Saturday morning.” Then she was gone. And Nikki slammed her face down on the table. “Ugh…!”
Caitlin felt so jealous of Nikki. “I always wanted to wear a wedding gown myself.”
“Fine…! Why don't you wear the dress then?” Nikki asked, but of course she knew it was pointless to say that. She was the bride, not Caitlin. “Ugh! Can you actually picture me wearing a… a… wedding dress?”
“No…” Jonesy chuckled. Nikki whapped him for that… “What? It's not like you're not thinking the same.” Nikki was feeling the same, and right now she had to head to work. “This is one thing married life won't change.”
We all decided to head off, except for Jonesy since he didn't know what else to do at the moment, and he had no job. “So, what are you getting her?” Caitlin asked.
Jonesy was confused. “Getting her what?”
“D'uh…! A wedding-gift, for Nikki...”
Jonesy's eyes widened, “Ah, man… I gotta' get her a gift too!” he just remembered. “But what should I get her?”
“You don't know?” asked Caitlin. Jonesy was good at picking simple gifts for Nikki, except for the time he made her that breast-bowl but even he knew a wedding gift had to be something extra special, super sensational, first-class perfect!
Luckily Caitlin had magazines about weddings and stuff. What didn't she have a magazine for? She and Jonesy crammed through it, but looking at all those gifts only confused Jonesy even more. He didn't have a lot of money, and even if he could afford one of the items would Nikki actually like it?
Here he was only a few weeks before his wedding and already he was starting to crack. “This is gonna be a long, long while.” Jonesy groaned.
Author's notes:
I think Nikki can look good in a gown. She just needs one crucial thing…
You know what I'm talking about… and it's something she really doesn't like doing.