6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mrs. Jonesy & Mr. Nikki ❯ Wedding disasters ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
The guys and I couldn't seem to stop admiring Nikki's new look, until Nikki told us, “You can stop staring at me now.” and so we did, “Not you, though…” she said to Jonesy. Her husband-to-be smirked and gave her his trademark purr.
“I can't believe you actually went through this.” said Wyatt.
“Yeah… well… Caitlin and Jen were right. It's my wedding, and I should look my best… I guess.”
Still, we couldn't let Nikki's makeover distract us. We still had much to do and not much time left.
A few more days had passed and we got a little more planning out of the way. The catering was dealt with. The guest list was almost complete. Jen was even forced to invite Coach Halder…
(Flashback)
One day while Jen was at work she was going over the guest list, when Coach blew his whistle. “MASTERSON! Why are you looking over the guest list in the store? Five minute foul!”
“But I'm not working today…!”
Coach just picked her up and carried her to the penalty box, and he then got all sensitive and emotional reflecting upon one time. “I never got invited to a party… or a gathering… and here Jonesy was one of the best short-term employees we had and I'd like to wish him luck.”
Jen made him a deal, if he dropped the penalty, promised not to rough things at the wedding, and give her extra overtime payment, he could come.
(End of Flashback)
Jonesy and Nikki didn't mind, they were spending more time learning how to cope with the changes they were enduring. They were starting to get the hang of looking after a baby, and balancing their time and sleep. It would be even more peaceful if Robbie and Diego would stop tackling them every morning and pulling pranks on Nikki as a welcome-to-the-family gesture.
Nikki also had a second dress fitting and thanks to her makeover it was easier to choose a proper design… or at least a little easier due to the fact she was still picky and skeptical about actually wearing one of “Those ugly things...”
Still, her dress was chosen, and the rest of us couldn't wait to see her in it, in the meantime we got our own clothes and shopping done. Jonesy even needed a new tux, not his regular one.
Nikki's wedding shower was planned, so was Jonesy's stag-party, and this time everyone made sure not to book them at the same place at the same time.
(-6 days remain)
Now only six days were left before the big day, and the tension was really starting to mount, but we were starting to run into some problems, one night when I had invited some of the guys to a poker night at my place. Alex and Brandon were invited too to make it an even six… and yes we gambled with real money, but it wouldn't really hurt because all the money was going for the wedding anyway.
“I raise you quarter, Garcia.” said Alex.
“I'll call you and raise you another.” said Brandon.
“I'm out…” Wyatt sighed.
“Me too…” I said.
Jude kept making all these really weird faces at the group as he gazed at his cards. It was hard to tell if he was bluffing or not. The players put their cards out…
“Two pairs, kings and jacks.” said Alex, but he was beaten by Jonesy's “Three deuces!” He was over taken by his dad's “Full house, aces on eights.”
“Read' em and weep bros…” said Jude. “Royal flush…!”
“AH…!” Jude had clobbered us good again with his many poker faces. “It's need for money.” Jude said as he gathered his winnings.
Just then, Alex received a call form his wife. “What…? You pull my leg…!”
Wyatt got three unanswered texts from the other members in his band. “Uh oh…!” he cried. “Oh, no, no, no…! Not now!”
“What…?” Jonesy said. “What…?”
Alex and Wyatt had no idea of how to tell Jonesy this, so they just went out and said it.
When we all met at the mall the next day, five days before the wedding…
“Rejected?! Can't make it!” snapped Nikki.
Alex and Miranda had received word about Jonesy and Nikki's marriage license. Despite it had been filled out properly, the offices didn't feel right to process it due to the two of them being underage. The marriage laws required them to be eighteen; despite they had their parents permission.
Worse than that, Wyatt's messages revealed the other members in his band wouldn't be able to make it…
Greg, the keyboard player; His grandmother died, and he wasn't feeling up to coming and was going to attend the funeral with his family to be there for everyone.
Josie, the drummer, she had an accident and broke her arm so she couldn't handle her drum-sticks and wasn't up to partying.
And Tyrone on second guitar and base, his family was invited to another wedding party of his own family. So he couldn't make it either. Now only Wyatt and I were left, and somehow a classical guitar and a vocalist wouldn't be right.
“At least we still have Serena and the music she promised.” Caitlin reminded us. Wyatt and I agreed but what really upset us was that we finished that special song for Nikki and Jonesy, and now that the band couldn't make… what were we going to do?
“You think you got it tough… what about us?” snapped Jonesy. He referred to the fact that he and Nikki couldn't legally be married now, and Even Nikki's all-powerful CEO dad wouldn't be able to pull the strings out of this.
“Seriously…! This is startin' to really harsh on my mellow.” said Jude. “Hope nothin' else goes wrong.”
Just then, Jen's cell-phone rang. “Hello…? What…?! No, no… I won't accept that. We booked it first…! No don't hang up…!”
“What is it now…?” Nikki was scared to ask.
Jen dropped her phone and looked as if she had just seen a ghost. “The place we reserved to have the wedding denied our reservation and returned our check!”
We all exchanged looks of extreme dismay, and Nikki felt sick to her stomach; either from her supposed pregnancy or the disappointment. “Excuse me…!” she groaned as she ran off to vomit.
Jude pulled his toque over his face and groaned. “I got a big fat mouth!”
Author' Notes:
Ya know, I would've wanted to have had the wedding at the mall… after all it is our place, but thanks to recent problems we've run into… I won't be able to do that.
Don't worry, I got a place, but you all just get ready… the wedding's not far now.