6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Mrs. Jonesy & Mr. Nikki ❯ Freezing Feet ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
(- 1 day remains)
The day before the wedding… We all still decided to head to the mall to work, but we all planned to leave and go home early so we could get some sleep.
The wedding wasn't until ten-o-clock tomorrow morning, and we all had planes to catch at three tonight. This way we'd arrive in Vancouver by sunrise, by at the docks at the Pacific coast line to board the ship Nikki's dad had rented, which would give us all enough time to sail to International-waters, and time to prepare for the ceremony.
Nikki and Jonesy were not permitted to see each other until then by their parents. None of us met up at the lemon that day. Jonesy hung out with me and the guys at Comic Cavern, and the girls stayed with Nikki at the Khaki Barn. She surprisingly didn't feel nauseas anymore, and her appetite seemed to have calmed down a bit as well. However, both she and Jonesy seemed to be a little twitchy and both felt uneasy. It was a sign they were getting the jitters and cold-feet. “Maybe you should put on some warmer shoes.” Jude said.
“It's a metaphor, Jude.” Wyatt said. “It means he's feeling so nervous he doesn't feel he can go through with it.”
“Ohh…!”
Jonesy just sat in a corner of the store near his Joe 90 comics section; he was holding one of the comics, but hardly looking at it or even blinking his eyes. His legs were twitching rapidly though. “Guys… I think he's gonna blow.” I whispered to the others.
Nikki didn't look so good either, Caitlin and Jen kept a close watch over here. The Clones were even shocked to see Nikki look so petrified. “It's not like she's getting married or something.” Kristen said, but she wad reminded by Jen, “She is getting married.”
“Oh, yeah… My bad…”
“Mar… ried…” Nikki peeped so softly, and she began to imagine her life after tomorrow…
There she was, with Jonesy, and holding their baby. All three of them were living together in their own place. You'd think it would be the perfect scene, but surprise-surprise… it started nice but they ended up in the streets wearing rags due to Jonesy's employee troubles, and Nikki's incomprehension to work properly.
The baby was taken out of their hands, and none of their friends were there to help them, not even me. Worse than that, the ground started to rumble beneath their feet and they would feel themselves being separated from each other.
“Jonesy…!”
“Nikki…!”
Nikki woke up in a gasp, Jonesy did too after having the same vision, “And the two of them let out a SCREAM so loud the whole mall shook.
Nikki was on the floor shaking like a machine that shook paint-cans, and tears were falling from eyes. “Guys… I'm scared!” she cried.
Caitlin and Jen hugged Nikki close, though they wished they could say they understood how she felt, but they weren't the ones heading down the aisle. “Easy, Nikki…” Jen said “I'm sure Jonesy feels just as nervous as you do.”
Actually, he was even worse. He was trying to run for it, but Wyatt Jude and I were chasing him. “Stop him!”
“STOP HIM…!”
“Jude, get him!”
We chased him all through the mall, and he tried to lock himself in the washrooms and held the door shut while the rest of us pounded on it trying to get it open. “No, no, no! All together...” I said. “NOW…!”
We smashed the door clean open, and ran inside. “Jonesy…?” called Wyatt “Where are ya, bro…?” added Jude.
“Oh! My back…!” cried a small voice from behind the door. “Ohh… my back…! My back…!” The door slowly moved, “My back! My back!” and there was Jonesy flat against the wall. “Ah-ohh… the back…! Ah…!” He slumped down to the floor. His back wasn't hurt too badly, thank goodness, but he sort of wished it was so maybe they could skip the wedding.
“Jonesy, ya gotta settle down.” I said.
“Yeah, don't get so worked up.” added Wyatt.
“Worked up?!” snapped Jonesy. “Oh-ho… I am way beyond worked up. Right now I'm somewhere between bedwetting, and a near-death experience. I can't go through with this, man.”
Jude slapped Jonesy in the face back and forth and shook him vigorously. “Dude…! Dude…! Get a hold of yourself!”
Jonesy settled down, but he still felt nervous. “Hey, I'll go get my car. Bring him to the front. Let's take him home. He needs a rest.”
When we got there, and Jonesy went to his room, Jen and Caitlin were there and they told us about Nikki. They were also shocked to hear about our little chase. “Boy… they're really upset about this, aren't they?” I said.
“So does this mean, the weddin's off?” asked Jude.
“Don't even think about it.” Caitlin said. “I spent a lot of money picking out my bridesmaid dress and I intend to use it.”
We all planned a lot, and it would really stink if it was all called off now. “They just need some time to pull together.” Jen said. Well all hoped they'd be fine. In the meantime I took Jude and Wyatt home and then headed home myself. Well all had a big day tomorrow and an early start at three in the morning so we all decided to get some sleep.
Then, late that night, Jen and the rest of the family had been asleep most of the day. Jen just came from the bathroom and decided to check on Jonesy to see if he was okay. She softly crept to his door and peeked inside. “Jonesy…?” she whispered.
Then she saw the window was open, and Jonesy's bed was empty. “Jonesy…!” she shrieked. “Oh! Mom! Dad…!” She woke up everyone in the house. “Gone…!” snapped Brandon.
“Well what do ya know-- he chickened out.” Robbie teased. Diego handed him fifty-dollars as a bet they had going, but Courtney slapped them both. “This is serious.” and things only got worse when the phone rang. It was Nikki's parents asking if she was there because she was gone too!
This was a disaster to end all disasters. Here the wedding day was just a few hours away and the bride and groom were missing.
To Be Continued
Author's notes:
Well, it's official…
This is a three part episode.
Come on people… let's go find them!