6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Sleep no more ❯ Dreaming of Jude ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Jude had dashed to the Ice-Rink, and fired up his zamboni. “Come on bra… we got a mall to save.” He said, and he drove out of the rink and back into the main-mall.
 
One by one he drove along the floors and stopped along every way picking up those who were sleeping, or half asleep to even care, he placed them on the Zamboni, as many as would fit would without falling off…
 
Then he drove them all to the ice-rink and left them on the ice where they could sleep safely with the air-conditioning turned low. Then Jude went back for more…
 
How he was able to get the zamboni up the floors was a huge mystery, but Jude was determined to save everyone before anything severe happened to the shoppers. He didn't care if he had to go at it all day.
 
 
Back at the lemon, Caitlin, Nikki and Jonesy were the only ones there, Wyatt, Jen, and I had tried to go back to work… but it was getting harder and harder to keep awake. In fact, everyone was getting so tired that it was getting hard to see clearly.
 
Everything anyone looked at would seem as if it had three identical copies of it. “Ugh…! There wasn't any point of coming to the mall today.” Jonesy moaned.
 
Nikki yawned more heavily than ever, “You don't even have a job…” she pointed out, “At east you can go home, so why don't you?”
 
Jonesy admitted while it was true he could go home and rest, “I'd rather stay here, for your sake, Nikki.”
 
“Aww… that's--” Caitlin paused because she yawned hard, “So sweet…”
 
Even Nikki thought it was sweet, yet as she tried to reach up and peck her boyfriend on the cheek, she collapsed again, and Jonesy slowly fell down beside her.
 
Caitlin then felt herself slipping away too, and she slipped down into the lemon, and he hat rolled off.
 
All over the mall everyone was collapsing from exhaustion. Jen collapsed while trying to restock the backroom. She fell right on top of coach…
 
Coach was even snoring, and reciting Jen's last name in his sleep. “Mas-ter-son…!”
 
“Mas-ter-son…!”
 
Wyatt was at McFlipsters, but fell asleep in the back room, actually using a huge hunk of meat as a pillow.
 
Even at my computer at Comic-Cavern, my head fell right on top of the keyboard. Everyone in the mall was dead asleep like logs.
 
They didn't even stir when Jude came along and scoop them up, to take them onto his Zamboni and head for the ice rink where it would be safe. Even the others and I got carried away, and didn't realize it…
 
Jude kept going all over the mall, gathering up everyone, and safely placing them in the ice-rink, and he was really starting to get tired, but he knew he couldn't stop. “I'm gonna save you dudes, and dudettes, even if it kills me…”
 
By nightfall, Jude had packed everyone in the entire mall into the ice-rink, which was only just being enough to hold everyone in at once; in the rink, along the seats, even in the aisle.
 
Even though we were all safe from any hazards now, Jude couldn't just leave everyone alone. Besides… even Ron was sleeping like a baby, and couldn't close the mall up.
 
Jude would have to stay wide awake until everyone woke up. He let out a huge yaw but then smacked himself awake. “Focus Jude… no time to nap.” he reminded himself.
 
For hours on hours Jude paced back and forth, all round the rink to keep both himself awake, and a close eye on everyone until enough had awakened. Jude even slipped on Ron's headband with the hooks to hold his eyes open.
 
“Wow… these things really pinch.” he said to himself, “Awe-some…!”
 
The hooks did seem to help a lot, but even with them on, everyone just continued to sleep, and sleep… right through the night!
 
 
By dawn… Jonesy opened up his eyes, which were no longer red and baggy, and he could see more clearly. He let out a huge yawn, and checked his watch, “Whoa…!” he said, “I must've sleep through until morning…”
 
As he stretched his arms up, he slipped, and fell on his back. “Huh…?” he realized, “What am I doing in the Ice-Rink…?” He also realized he wasn't alone, “Nikki…? Jen…? Caitlin…? Wyatt…? Mykan…?”
 
Practically everyone at the mall was there with him, and many of them were starting to awaken which triggered everyone else to wake up. “I just had the weirdest dream…” Wyatt said. “I dreamt that Jude carried me out of work to the Ice-Rink.”
 
Then he realized that he really was at the ice-rink, “On the other hand.”
 
Soon everyone had awakened, all feeling much better after a goodnight's sleep. “I can't believe we sleep on ice all night long.” Jen said.
 
“Yeah… who knew it would feel so comfy.” added Caitlin.
 
A lot of the other people decided to go home, after all, spending 36 hours at the mall… too much; even for Caitlin's taste. “Wait…!” I said suddenly, “Where's Jude…?”
 
We all looked all over, “There he is…!” cried Nikki.
 
Jude was sitting on a single chair near the mechanic's-shed where he stored his Zamboni. He still had Ron's hooks on his eyes, his eyes looked really red, and he… just sat there; eyes wide open, moth closed completely.
 
Obviously from the look on his face, and the redness of his eyes he had been watching us all night long, and he was obviously one who brought everyone in the entire mall to the rink.
 
“Uh… Jude…?” Wyatt asked.
 
Jude didn't respond. He didn't even move. Jen waved her hand in front of Jude's eyes, and he still didn't even flinch. Just then, we could hear soft sounds escaping form his nose…
 
Snoring…
 
Each of us sniggered softly, “Aww, Jude…” Caitlin muttered. He had obviously stayed up and worked so hard to look after everyone that he was actually sleeping with his eyes open.
 
“Hey…!” Ron snapped as he approached Jude and yanked the hooks of his head, “These are mine, Maggot!” and he walked off.
 
At once, Jude's eyes snapped shut and he fell SPLAT on the floor, snoring louder than ever. We all couldn't help but feel amazed at how he could've slept through that, but we were all very grateful for what he had done.
 
“I'll go get my car…” I said. “I'll take him home.”