6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Unhappy Valintines Day ❯ The day before Valintines day. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
All the next day, which put Valentines day the next day, the mall was busier than ever. Everywhere you looked, it was as if love was in the air itself.
 
Some people we're even having their Valentines dates already as they either wouldn't be able to make it, or have no time for it the next day.
 
Caitlin even told the others that she had a date with Daniel the next day. The others hadn't any idea why he wanted to go out with her, but all Caitlin could do was babble on about how good she'd look.
 
“Uh, don't you think you're taking this a bit too far?” Jen asked.
 
Caitlin just kept staring at herself in her compact-mirror. “One of the most important parts of a date is looking your best.” she said. “I want to look my best for Daniel, he knows so much about love… why he could even be--”
 
“The one?” Jonesy, Nikki and Jen said at once. It was amazing; She hasn't even been on a date with him yet and was already going way too far. “Well… we'll see, I could be right you know.” replied Caitlin.
 
At least Jonesy's letter mailing troubles got all sorted out and the mobs stopped chasing him. Sad to say that both he and Jen were still down in the dumps. Jonesy still had hardly any money for tomorrow, and Jen was still dateless.
 
“How can I tell Nikki that I'm totally broke.” Jonesy asked. “She'll think I'm totally worthless if I have to let her pay for everything again.”
 
“Why don't you just tell me yourself.” came Nikki's voice. She was standing right behind him all the time and heard everything.
 
“Aww, man!!” Jonesy slammed his head down on the table.
 
Nikki took her seat. “Quit beating yourself up, I don't care if you're cashed out.” she said to him.
 
Her boyfriend lifted his head. “Huh?”
 
Nikki explained that she didn't care if she paid or Jonesy did, even if she usually paid for everything. “Besides, you know what I like to do on Valentines day, just lay about, pig out... “And maybe a little of this--” she grabbed Jonesy and pulled him into a kiss.
 
Jen thought it was sweet of Nikki to show she cared that much, but still, it didn't change the fact that she had no date for tomorrow, or anyone to spend the day with going stag. “It is official.” she sighed as she lay her head down in her arms on the table, “I'm doomed.”
 
“Aww, come on, Jen.” said Caitlin. “Daniel said to me that truelove can never be doomed; just delayed for a while.”
 
Jen never thought of that before, “Yeah, but… how can love even be delayed if it hasn't even happened yet?” she asked rhetorically. As she thought, Caitlin didn't have an answer, and neither did Jonesy or Nikki.
 
Jen slammed her head back down on the table, and it was at that moment that Jude, Wyatt, and I came to the table. “Dude… somebody's lost their mojo today.” Jude said implying that Jen looked bummed out.
 
“Can you blame her?” Wyatt asked. None of us could actually, but I did however have an idea that would make Jen feel a little better.
 
I told her that I went to see Amelie earlier at the “Soda-hop” ice-cream parlor, and she had a new male employee helping her out.
 
Jen lifted up her head, and began to ask me a whole bunch of questions quickly. “Is he tall? Is it handsome? Does he like sports?” but most importantly she asked. “Is he single?”
 
“Uh… yeah… all of the above.” I answered. Jen dashed away like lightning.
 
“Wow… she really is desperate.” said Caitlin.
 
“Wake me when she comes back down to Earth.” Nikki said jokingly.
 
They all decided to change the subject and asked me if I had anything special planned for Amelie the next day. I did have some things planned, but I was almost dreading them. “These are only some of the things we haven't done on our dates… yet.” I said.
 
While it was true Amelie was almost easily flattered, I preferred to be honest with how I treated her, even if at times I did get a little playful with her.
 
I was planning to take her on a special date that involved a picnic dinner at the beach, rather than simply make reservations. Besides, everywhere was pretty much booked, and I hadn't exactly had time to save up my money earnings from work.
 
It was hard when you lived by yourself and had a little beagle puppy at home to take care of, and you had to pay your own rent, bills, taxes, and supplies.
 
I did however have enough to by her some flowers. Amelie loved it when I can and gave her flowers. “I just hope she'll like it all. I really don't want to mess this up.”
 
“Ha!” Jonesy snapped. “With that attitude, you might as well have it tattooed onto your head “I'm a total wuss.
 
I shot Jonesy a scowl for that remark.
 
“Come on guys, lighten up.” said Wyatt. “You've got every right to be nervous, Mykan. After all, it is going to be your first Valentines day with a girlfriend of your own.”
 
“Yeah, besides… it's not like you and Amelie could get any closer anyways.” added Nikki.
 
“Totally.” said Jonesy
 
“Right on, dude.” smirked Jude.
 
I smiled a little. “Thanks guys.” I said. “I got to run. I still got to finish up that comic.”
 
“Latter, Dude.”
 
“Bye.”
 
Right after I had left, Daniel had come by the lemon to confirm his date with Caitlin. “I really hope you can make it tomorrow.” he said to her. “I'll be the happiest I've been in years.”
 
Caitlin giggled. “Sure I can make it…” she said while flashing her eyes. “Just you make it here too.”
 
Daniel smiled sadly, but warmly. “I'll see you tomorrow then.” he said, and he left leaving Caitlin in a daze, but the others were still thinking that there was even more to Daniel than meets the eye.
 
As Daniel walked away he thought to himself. I have a date tomorrow with a mortal girl. I haven't been this excited in well over two-thousand years.