6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Unhappy Valintines Day ❯ How to make things better. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
At the Penalty box…
 
Jen was putting away some hockey-sticks, and also taking the time to glance over to where her dream-hunk, Jerry was placing the new weights down in their stands.
 
He was a tall, and pretty slick guy with short brown hair, and arms great for lifting heavy stuff. Jen even sometimes day-dreamed that he was lifting her up off her feet as their snowboarded down the slopes.
 
She sighed warmly. Then suddenly she saw him reading a love-letter. She though this was it, the letter Jonesy had sent for her. “Awe, no way.” Jerry said as he gazed at the letter. “Of course I'll go out with her.”
 
“Yes!” Jen cried softly, but as he Jerry walked down the hockey isle, he passed right by her completely and made his way over to the tennis section where a pretty blonde tennis player was going through the racquets.
 
To Jen's horror, they even shared a quick kiss. “I don't believe it!” she snapped. She was so lost in her anger that she let one hockey-stick drop out form her grip, crash into the shelf, and spill all her stacked sticks back onto the floor.
 
Then it got worse as she heard Coach Halder's whistle. “MASTERSON!!” he bellowed. “You took your eye off the game. Two minutes in the box… NOW!!”
 
Jen sighed. “Yes, Coach.” But as she sat herself down in the penalty-box…
 
“Whoa!”
 
“Huh?” she gasped. “Jonesy? What are you doing here?”
 
Her step-Brother got up. “Hiding from all the angry customers whom I let down.” He said in shame. He told her about his letter mailing flaw, and then he announced that he was officially firing himself from his gig.
 
Sad to say that even when Jen got her money back, she still wasn't too thrilled. “Well thanks to your little mailing gig, I just lost Jerry to the blonde over there in the tennis section.”
 
Jonesy saw the girl she was referring too. “Hmm… pretty hot.” he said impulsively. Jen just sat him down hard on the seat. “Hey, watch it! I've had enough kicks in the butt from the mob.”
 
Jen didn't respond, as she was too upset over her own romantic loss to care. What was she going to do?
 
The sad fact was, now neither of them new what to do. Jonesy had to give back all his money, and pay for what he spent out of his own pocket. This made it so he had hardly anything left to do anything special with Nikki on the 14th.
 
Jen had also lost her dream date to another girl, no thanks to her step-brother, and because of Jonesy's successful letter mailings, there weren't really any cute boys left.
 
They both had a sick feeling that Saturday was going to be one very Unhappy Valentines Day.
 
Meanwhile
 
Daniel and I had been walking all around the mall studying all the couples that came up within eyeshot, and he showed me all the many different things there were to Valentines day.
 
“Look there.” he said as he motioned two a girl having to choose between a suave, cool looking guy, who offered the girl, flowers and Candy; and then there was a considered to be a more nerdy type of guy who could only offer the girl a love poem written by his own hand.
 
(Don't confuse the nerdy guy for that “NERDY ADULT GUY” we see; The guy whose short, and stubby, with beaver teeth.)
 
The girl chose the nerdy-guy. “See that?” Daniel asked. “She chose him because he's actually hard working, and trying his best to show how he cares; By just being himself.”
 
I began to realize that's exactly I used to feel when I began to develop feelings for Amelie, and how I though she'd want nothing to do with a guy like me, who lived on his own, ran his own business, but no employees.
 
Daniel placed his hand over my shoulder. “Come… there is more to see.” And he lead me further down the mall… and secretly, while I was looking, Daniel could also see some single people wishing for the people they had feelings for to like them, or to find the courage to tell them.
 
Daniel silently reached behind him, unbeknownst to me, and fired something strange at each of the people and their crushes, and they instantly began to fall in love.
 
Daniel smiled, to him, it was another job well done.
 
 
Daniel showed me all kinds of couples and gave me all sorts of tips. We even had a chance to spy on Wyatt with Serena, where I learned that sometimes love works in mysterious ways.
 
Wyatt and Serena were glad to have each other. Things sure had changed a lot since so much had happened after Serena dumped him, fired him, restrained him and worse.
 
Now Wyatt was more than mature enough for her. The Manager of Burger McFlipsters, saving her life when “Spin-This” was attacked by the Zombites, and even when Chad and Marlowe moved away to America and both relationships were broken.
 
We also had a chance to see Starr, and Jude at the ice-rink. Jude had closed it down so he and Starr could have some private time, but Jude forgot to lock the door, so we snuck in.
 
“Look there.” Daniel said to me as we peeked over the railings. We saw Starr skating majestically on the ice, and Jude working the Zamboni, but then Starr invited him to skate with her like he promised. Jude practically jumped off the Zamboni.... forgetting to stop it, and letting it hit the wall, but Jude was having so much fun with his girlfriend to care.
 
They even slipped and fell, since Jude had no skates on, but they just laughed, and shared a kiss as they rolled around on the ice.
 
I could tell that having common interests with each other was a good sign. It reminded me of how Amelie and I both had the same dream to become superstars one day, and thanks to my own chain of comic series, we we're making that dream happen already.
 
That was another thing I had learned. That a girl usually loved a man who could make her happy by just being himself, and always being there for her when she needed him most.
 
“You have learned a lot, Mykan Spotswood.” Daniel said. “But be warned, there are still many things to be done, which you alone will have to decide. Whatever you choose, just remember, that love on Valentines day is not measured by just how much you love… but as well as how much you are loved in return.”
 
I thanked Daniel for all his kindness. “I have to go.” I said. “I got to back to work, and get ready for Saturday.” then I was gone.
 
Daniel sighed softly to himself. Then went back to watching Jude and Starr. They both seem distracted enough, so he reached into to his bag, and pulled out a small gift.
 
Then he drew in a small breath, and blew softly over the top, and like magic a small tag which read: “To my Twinkle Starr, From your Dude Jude” appeared on the gift.
 
… then he left the gift in a place where Starr would find it, and quietly crept out.
 
When Starr discovered the gift, it was one of those Sweaters from the Khaki-barn. “Aww… Jude.” she cried. “Did you like get me this for like an early Valentines gift?”
 
Jude was confused, he never remembered getting her a gift, but how could he argue. If the tag said it was from him, then he must've gotten it. “Glad you like it, Babe.” Jude said flirtingly, and he pecked his girlfriend's cheek.
 
While Daniel, who could still see them from the entrance sighed happily.