6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Unhappy Valintines Day ❯ Valentines can hurt. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Caitlin had been dragging me all over the mall for a while now. “Caitlin! Slow down, I just ate.” I groaned.
 
Caitlin suddenly stopped at last. “Look, there he is, over at “Grind-me.”
 
Daniel was sitting at one of the tables, and he was looking more bummed than before. He even had drank quite a few coffees. “Gee… he sure looks upset about something.” said Caitlin.
 
I nodded in agreement. That guy even looked more depressed than I was. Stranger even, we saw a few girls walking around with the pink sweaters Jonesy and Nikki saw him take from the Khaki-Barn. Only… they seemed to have been thinking that it was their boyfriends who gave them the sweaters.
 
Caitlin got a good look at Daniel and he was beginning to seem stranger than ever. She and I were so wrapped up in our trance that we didn't realize how long we were standing there, until Ron the Rent-a-Cop poked our backs.
 
“I thought I told you maggots no loitering in my mall.” he said.
 
“We're not loitering, we're just standing here.” protested Caitlin. “Last time I checked, that was legal.”
 
Ron winced at the way she was talking to him. “All right, that's it. You're both going on probation for disturbing the peace.”
 
I however, gave Caitlin the cheeky look. It was time for another one of my “Get lost, Rent-a-Cop” pranks. I approached Ron as he wrote up the ticket, and knowing how many times Ron fell for my tricks, this one would be a snap.
 
“Knock-Knock.” I said.
 
Ron looked up from his ticket with a raised eyebrow. “Who's there?”
 
Caitlin began to snicker under her breath, as I said. “D-on.”
 
“D-on… who?” Ron asked but then he suddenly realized; “No-no-no… wait, I take that back!!” too late… I slapped a big capital letter-D on his chest with a big bonging sound.
 
“D-ON YOU!!”
 
Everyone around us began laughing hysterically at Ron, who tore up his ticket in frustration and smacked his forehead in stupidity. “Not again?!”
 
Caitlin and I, walked into “Grind-me” and over to Daniel's table. “Hi Daniel, remember me?” she asked.
 
Daniel looked up. “Caitlin Cooke.” he said. “And you are Mykan Spotswood.” he said to me. “You have a fear of being unable to impress your girlfriend on Valentines day due to your old hatred towards the holiday.”
 
My jaw dropped. “Uh… yeah… right.” I said in amazement. Caitlin thought that was incredible as well, and then Daniel said. “You also seek my help, in hopes that you can learn more about how to be a better man towards Valentines.”
 
Caitlin and I thought that was even more amazing. We didn't even say anything and it was as if he could read our minds. “All right, I guess I can help you a little.” he said. “But it's going to cost you.”
 
As I reached in for my wallet. “No-- I don't want your money.” Daniel quickly said. “All the money in the world won't brighten my day.”
 
Caitlin and I were both confused. “Well then what do you want?” Caitlin asked. Daniel walked up to Caitlin and whispered into her ear what he wanted. Caitlin's cheeks turned bright red, and she nearly fainted.
 
“Uh… Caitlin?” I called down to her.
 
“She'll be all right.” Daniel said. “Come; there is much for us to deal with.” and he lead me out of the shop just as Caitlin woke up.
 
“Ooh… I can't believe, I got a date.” she cooed. “I got so much shopping to do. New dress, lip gloss, eye liner…” she kept on going on and on as she exited the shop.
 
Meanwhile
 
Somewhere near the fountain, Jonesy had his mail table set up, and his customers were eager for his services. “Yes friends, step right up.” he called out loud. “The Jonesmiester is here to mail all you love message to your sweethearts and hunks.”
 
“Yes, sir… love comes your way, or your money back.”
 
He had already received many customers, and loads of cash. His letterboxes were pretty full by the time the lines quieted down. “I never thought I'd say this, but you really seem to have it made.” Wyatt said.
 
“You know it.” replied Jonesy. “This is one job I really don't think I can get fired from.”
 
He then looked through his box for a special one. “Ah-ha! here you go, man. It's from Serena.”
 
Wyatt opened it hastily and revealed a beautiful card with pictures of Spinning disks on them. Wyatt chuckled. “Typical, Serena.” then he opened it up to reveal the poem inside.
 
You spin me like a record
It's music to my ear.
Here's a happy valentine,
To the guy that I hold dear.
 
“Happy Valentines day Wyatt.”
 
“XXX: Serena”
 
PS: Can't wait for our date on Saturday.
 
 
 
Wyatt suddenly noticed that as Jonesy sorted the letters out. Some people got more than one. “Uh, I don't think that's a good idea sending all those.”
 
Jonesy looked up. “No… why. I'm making the coin, fair and square.” Wyatt took some of the envelopes from a pile. “Hey!” Jonesy snapped, but before he could react. “Jonesy, you got three girls all going for the same guy at once here.”
 
“What?!” Jonesy snapped. “Uh-oh.”
 
He and Wyatt sorted out the pile like crazy, there were so many piles of letters each addressed to the same person they were addressed to. Obviously, Jonesy had forgotten about stalkers, psycho girlfriends, breakups, and others wanting the same guy or girl.
 
“Aww, man!” Jonesy cried. “I just sent out a whole batch of these this morning.”
 
Already he began to see guys running away from love sick girls, and other girls breaking other guys hearts with rejection. Then it got way worse as the angry mob turned to ace Jonesy, and among them was Serena.
 
“You too?” Wyatt asked. His girlfriend nodded, and this began to make Wyatt lose his cool too. “Give me my money back Jonesy.” Serena spat at him, along with a lot of other angry customers.
 
Jonesy regretted to say he could return everybody their money as he spent some of it already. Which is why the crowd decided to “GET HIM!!” and Jonesy ran for it, leaving half the mob to handle his money jar, and the rest to keep on chasing him.
 
Wyatt smacked his forehead. “I knew something like this was going to happen.” he said to himself.
 
Serena had gotten her money back. “Oh, you read your card?” she said to Wyatt. “I know, kind of dorky, huh?”
 
“No, way… I love it.” Wyatt said. “Now that you got your money back, care for a coffee break?”
 
His girlfriend smiled. “Sounds good.” she said. “But what about Jonesy?”
 
Wyatt thought it was best to leave him to learn his lesson for messing with other peoples love-lives. “HELP!!!” Jonesy Squealed as he kept on running.