6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Unhappy Valintines Day ❯ Mykan Hates Valintines ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
At the Khaki-Barn…
 
Nikki was folding up some pink sweaters with red hearts on them. She also had a clothes pin clipped on her nose so not to inhale the toxics of the store fumes; that was her own thing.
 
The Clones however were really excited when Jonesy came in and they asked if he sent them their love letters to their crushes. “Here you go ladies.” He said handing them each a letter from their own respective crush.
 
“Ooh… Brandon says he'll go out with me.” cried Krissy.
 
“Jake said he'd go out with me too.” added Kristen.
 
“David said he'll go out with me even more.” chirped Kirsten. Then all four of them huddled close. “TRIPPLE DATES… EEE!!!” they all squealed.
 
Nikki growled. “Ugh… I should've brought some earmuffs too.” she said with her voice pitched by the clip on her nose.
 
Jonesy walked over to her. “Well I haven't got earmuffs.” He said as he took her into his arms. “But I can help you take your mind off it.” and took of her nose-clip and kissed her tenderly. Nikki giggled, and The Clones awed.
 
That's when one of the customers, Daniel, saw them. “Hmm… a couple in love.” he said in his deep despairing voice. Jonesy and Nikki looked up and saw him. “You two be careful.” Daniel replied. “I've seen millions of loving couples broken up.”
 
He paid for a pile of the sweaters Nikki was folding, and he left looking more glum than ever before. “O-kay…” Nikki said.
 
“What was that all about?” added Jonesy.
 
Meanwhile
 
Wyatt and Jude we're taking their lunch breaks, and Jude really looked tired. “Man… havin' two jobs is pretty strenuous on the senses.” he moaned.
 
“Are you kidding?” Wyatt asked. “You get more money that way. You could buy Starr truckloads of stuff for Valentines day.”
 
Jude's eyes lit up. “Never thought of it that way.” he chuckled. “Thanks, Dude.”
 
They decided to head to Comic-Cavern and check-up on me. Maybe even invite me out to lunch with the rest of the gang.
 
It was the slow hours and the store wasn't that busy. Except for me, there was nobody in it. That's what I got because I wasn't able to afford to hire staff yet.
 
The boys found me sitting behind my display-glass counter, and I was starring down at a picture of Amelie and I on our third date. I smiled sadly at the picture, and that told the boys that obviously I wasn't feeling all that much better.
 
“Uh… Mykan?” Wyatt said.
 
I snapped out of my trance. “Whoa!” I yelped, and the others winced. “Sorry about that guys, you caught me off guard.” I said.
 
When they invited me out to lunch, how could I say no.
 
 
We met up with all the others and met back at the lemon with our foods. I got my pizza fresh out from the oven, but I hadn't taken a single bite out of it.
 
“Guys…” Jen whispered. “I think now would be a great time to talk to him.” The others agreed. “Hey, uh… Mykan.” Wyatt asked. “Can we ask you something?”
 
I looked up from my lunch-tray. “Shoot.”
 
“Is something the matter?” replied Wyatt.
 
“Yeah… you've been acting pretty down since we've been talking about Valentines day.” added Nikki.
 
“Yeah, aren't you excited?” asked Nikki.
 
I sighed heavily. “Guys… I have a confession to make.” I said. “But you better brace yourselves.” I waited until the others gave me their full attention. “Guys… I don't really like Valentines day all that much. If anything… I hate it.”
 
Jude choked on his fries. Wyatt, spit out his coffee. Jen Dropped her fork. Caitlin gasped hard. “Dude!” snapped Jonesy, and finally, Nikki just raised an eyebrow. “Uh… come again?” she said as she picked her ear.
 
I decided that it was time I told them another bit about my hard past life…
 
 
 
Back in grade schools it was always fun the way kids would pass out playful Valentines and candied-hearts as little game. I always chose the cutest cards to give out. The kind of cards that had pictures and a comical phrase.
 
“I choo-choo-choose you.” and there was a picture of a train. “Let's Bee friends.” and there was picture of a bee on a flower. A really cute one was the picture of a monster losing his temper and the card said. “Me MAD about you.”
 
I was always a kind little boy who always gave everyone a card and a candy, even if they didn't deserve it for having being mean to me in the past. When it came to dumping out our constructed mailboxes, everyone had received loads of cards, and lots of candies.
 
…all except, one little boy always ended up with nothing at, but an empty-box, and eyes filled with tears of loneliness. You guessed it… it was me!
 
From grades one through 3 it was the same way. I would always give, but never receive. I tried to ease the pain by giving cards I had left over to myself, but it just wasn't the same as being from someone else.
 
Even when the classes sung Valentines songs. I never felt like joining in too much. At least, not singing their words…
 
(Music cue)
 
(The class)
 
-Now somebody loves me, and I feel like I am glowing.
There's know knowing what happiness is mine.
I know someday loves me, and my temperature is heating.
I long for my first meeting with my valentine.
 
-Roses may be red.
And Violets blue may be
Sugar may be sweet
but not as sweet as me.
Apparently…
Somebody loves me, yes I have a special friend.
It's a feeling that I'd never want to miss.
I've been sent a lovely card, with a sparkly shiny heart.
And a little cross inside that means a kiss.
 
 
And while they kept on singing, I made up my own version of the song, which I sung in my head.
 
 
(Young-Mykan's thoughts)
 
-When nobody loves you,
You're sad and lonesome, on your own some,
And it's not the place to be.
I know nobody loves me, cuz I'm small and weary.
Perhaps they think I'm scary, so love is not to be,
But still I've got to find a way to say what's on my mind.
I can be very friendly, I'm sweet, and I'm kind,
And yet I find…
 
-Nobody loves me.
I don't have special friend.
I'm feeling empty, feeling at a loss.
I don't have a lovely card,
With a shiny sparkly heart,
And a little kiss that's written like a cross.
 
 
Caitlin blew her nose with a hankie. “Wow… that is so sad.” she sobbed.
 
“Dude… harshin' my mellow.” added Jude.
 
The others all felt the same, even Nikki did feel some amounts of pity for me. “So what, you like gave up on the whole thing?” she asked.
 
I nodded. “Ever since grade four, I've had nothing to do with Valentines day or anything related to it in the slightest, and I hated seeing it every year all the more. Couples wooing their sweethearts, and romance, and all the things I never had.”
 
Then it got to the point of the present day. This was going to be my very first Valentines day with a girlfriend, and one whom I really cared about and had deep affections for, but I hadn't a single idea of what to do for Amelie since I never had any real experience with it.
 
“Does Amelie know about this?” Jen asked.
 
“No.” I said. “This is one thing I really haven't told her, and would rather she not know. She'd think like I was some kind of a or a black-hearted monster.” I sighed heavily and slammed my head down on the lemon-bar. “What am I going to do.”
 
Caitlin suddenly had an idea. “I know someone who can help you.” she said. “This guy I met today, Daniel.” She told us what he looked like, and Nikki and Jonesy realized she was talking about that same weird guy who was at the Khaki-barn talking about love.
 
“How's that going help me out?” I asked.
 
“You'll see.” Replied Caitlin as she closed up the lemon, grabbed me by the arm and we dashed off into the mall. “Come on… lets go find him.”
 
“Whoa… Caitlin!!”
 
The others kept on watching until we were out of sight. “Something tell me, this isn't going to end well.” said Jen. The other nodded, and then went back to their lunches.