6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Unhappy Valintines Day ❯ Caitlin Saves Valeintines ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
Daniel, or Cupid, as he was properly known as, had taken on his cloud higher than she had ever been before. Sadly, she had her eyes snapped shut tight as she didn't like heights very much.
 
“Caitlin.” Daniel spoke softly to her. “You really should open your eyes and see this.”
 
Caitlin shook her head. “I hate heights.” she groaned. “I'm afraid if I look I'll fall any minute.”
 
“But you must look.” he said. “I really think you will like this.”
 
Caitlin knew she could trust him; he was Cupid after all and he wouldn't really let anything happen to her. So she slowly peeked her eyes open. “Wow.” she peeped. “What a view!” They were so high up, she could see pretty much everything. The whole world, below and beyond. “Daniel this is incredible.”
 
Daniel nodded. “I always come up here when I'm feeling sad and lonely.” he sounded just as down and depressed as he was when Caitlin first met him.
 
“What could possibly make you this sad?” she had to ask. “I mean, you're Cupid. You make lots of people happy.”
 
Daniel let his head fall low. “Perhaps…” he said. “But making other people happy doesn't make me as happy as I used to be.”
 
He began to tell her why it was he was so unhappy, and how it was she was able to see him as a mortal boy.
 
He himself had desires to find true love and happiness so he could learn the full extent of his powers, but sadly, he never knew what it was like to actually feel true love.
 
Giving love was far different than experiencing it in return.
 
“Well, why didn't you just shoot yourself with one of your arrows? Then you'd fall madly in love.” Caitlin suggested, but Daniel shook his head.
 
As magical as his arrows were, they had no effect on himself. “Believe me, if they had… I would've shot myself, met the right girl and left the business centuries ago.” he said.
 
Sadly, the right girl was so hard to find. Seeing as he was an immortal sprite, and mortal girls would eventually… kick the bucket; “See what I go through?” he asked. “An immortal life is a lonely, empty one.”
 
Unable to feel love. Feeling unloved as well; Cupid began to feel lonely, and miserable that he was slowly beginning to lose his touch on things.
 
Slowly losing his power, and his immortality. “That's why they sent me here to Earth. I was supposed to find my happiness again by midnight tonight, otherwise… otherwise I--”
 
Caitlin gasped softly and held her hand to her mouth. “You-- You mean you'll lose your role as Cupid?!” she asked. Daniel nodded his head.
 
“But… that's horrible!” replied Caitlin. “You can't stop being Cupid.”
 
“I don't want to stop being Cupid all that much.” Daniel exclaimed. “True I may find it dull, and miserable at times… but when you really get down to it—this is all I really want to do.”
 
“But what am I going to do? That's the problem.” he hung his head low and sighed. “How can I continue to make people happy if I myself am so incredibly unhappy?”
 
Caitlin out her hand on his shoulder. “Daniel… stop all this.” she said. “Just look down there, and really, REALLY look!”
 
Daniel did as she said and looked over the clouds and down at the town. Caitlin pointed out all the happy couples down there. “All those people are so incredibly happy by the gift you shared.”
 
Down below
 
There were happy couples everywhere. Some boys taking their girlfriends on carriage rides. Some even signing to them with a classical guitar. Even the gang was having fun.
 
 
Wyatt and Serena had just sat down at their reserved table at “Super-Terrific-Happy-Sushi”
 
Serena was wearing a new yellow dress she had bought. Wyatt thought she look pretty hot. So hot that he wished he got her more flowers, but Serena was grateful for the single Rose he gave her.
 
 
Jonesy and Nikki were already at Jonesy's place. They were in his room, pigging out on snacks, and watching a mixture of romantic-horror flicks they got from “Underground-Video”
 
However, they weren't paying too much attention to the TV as they were lost in each other's eyes. “You got some ketchup on your mouth.” Jonesy said.
 
Nikki creased her finger across her mouth, but Jonesy just smiled down at her. “Here, let me get it for you.” and he kissed her passionately.
 
 
At the mall…
 
Jen and her date, Trevor, had just finished dinner and were now treating themselves to the “I-Wuv-you sundae.” courtesy of the “Soda-hop” and Trevor's sweetness to pay for the whole thing.
 
They even had common interests in snowboarding. Jen never felt so giddy in her life, and to her surprise, neither did Trevor.
 
 
Jude and Starr were hanging out at the arcade, as was planned, and Jude just got the high score on a new skating-game, however, he put in Starr's initials instead of his own.
 
“I figured you deserved it, for you know… givin' me in the inspiration.”
 
His girlfriend thought that was really sweet, and she kissed him hard.
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
I was guiding Amelie, blindfolded, down the beach. “Mykan?” she giggled. “Stop it, this is so embarrassing.”
 
“Easy now… we're almost there.” I told her. Finally we arrived at the special spot I picked out, and I took off her blindfold and she gasped at what lay before her. A big cozy blanket spread across the sand, and I had spent all day preparing this picnic dinner just for Amelie.
 
There was sushi, french bread, fruit-cocktails, mozzarella-sticks; I had even bought a bottle of light champagne. Dessert was in the cooler; You guessed it-- Ice-cream. Small pints but well worth it. I even brought a stereo for if she wanted to dance, and there in the middle of it all, resting in a small vase was a lovely bouquet of flowers.
 
Amelie's eyes filled with tears of surprise. “Mykan… you did all this for me?” she asked
 
I nodded. “I wanted to give you something romantic and wonderful.” I said to her. “I didn't want you to think that… well… that I--”
 
“You `ated Valentines?” Amelie said. “Mykan, Jen told me everything when she came to ask Trevor for a date.”
 
My eyes widened. “She did?” I asked sounding worried. “Aww, man.” I was beginning to feel like the wuss that Jonesy had always hinted. “Mykan, I don't think any less of you.” Amelie replied.
 
I looked back at her. “You… you don't?”
 
“Non. Everyone `ates something in this world. Besides, you've proven that you can still be romantic even though you don't Valentines day too much.” she winked at me. “It makes me love you even more.”
 
We shared a soft, tender kiss. “Thanks, Amelie.” I said softly to her. “Or should I say, Merci, mon-petite cabbage.” I flirted in a French-Accent. Amelie giggled. Then we sat down to dinner, and along the way, I even found time to sing to her the closing titles of Stingray… dedicated to her Marina charter, and how I felt towards her in real life…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Mykan) (Voice like Gary Miller)
 
Marina, Aqua Marina,
What are these strange enchantments that start whenever you're near?
 
(They feed each other the food)
 
Marina, Aqua Marina,
Why can't you whisper the words my heart is longing to hear?
 
(They dance to soft, gentle music)
 
You're magically, a beautiful mystery.
I'm certain to fall I know, because you enthrall me so.
 
(They clink their champagne glasses)
 
Marina, Aqua Marina,
Why don't you say, that you'll always stay, close to my heart.
 
We shared another kiss to the end of the song, but we didn't feel much like separating.
 
Back up in the clouds
Daniel realized Caitlin was right. He was making everyone happy. It was his job to bring them happiness. He couldn't let them down. Not now… not ever!
 
“Oh, Caitlin… thank you so much.” he said while holding her hands. “You've made me feel so much better. If there's anything I can do…”
 
Caitlin would've suggested that he make some special guy fall for her, but since she didn't really want to rush it that fast, “There is one thing…” she said. “On a date, isn't it custom to do this?” and she pulled him into a kiss.
 
Daniel couldn't believe it. His first kiss with a mortal girl. His very first kiss in all eyonds he had been around. “This… this feels wonderful.” he though silently as he kissed her back.