6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Welcome Home Nikki ❯ Spill ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
Many, many months had passed since Nikki moved, and settled into Nunavut. She had her new home, went to a new school, made a few friends, but none were ever like the old gang. She missed them so much…
 
She missed the mall. She missed the warm weather. It wasn't fun living in a country where it was fifty below, and the blizzards were beastly, and day and night played the most treacherous tricks on you.
 
Still, she had to be brave for her parents. She was doing this for them, just like she said. After all the things they sacrificed for her.
 
It was usually fun when her friends came to visit on holidays, or when she visited them, and after school, she and Jonesy would spend endless hours of online dating to continue their relationship, but it wasn't as fun as being able to date the way they used to.
 
Still, they did their best to be brave.
 
Nikki's dad was also doing very well at his new job. So well, that the promotions didn't seem to stop coming in. He went from a newbie to an executive employer in just six months, and in the next few months he was promoted even higher.
 
Then, one day… Nikki's father had a very special early seventeenth birthday present for Nikki. Nikki wasted no time in quickly emailing her friends that her father was now the President and C.E.O of the company he worked for.
 
The original guy in charge was stepping down and needed someone to replace him. Mr. Wong was the perfect selection.
 
And as The President and C.E.O. Nikki's father could move worldwide-headquarters to anywhere in the world he chose… ”Edmonton, Alberta.” They would be moving back in a few weeks. “Happy birthday, Pumpkin.”
 
Nikki couldn't stop kissing her father's face…
 
 
And back in Alberta, the gang couldn't stop cheering. Nikki was coming home! The gang would be all together again, but easily… no one was as pleased as Jonesy was. He and his girlfriend could catch up. “I knew she couldn't keep away from me.” he gloated.
 
Jen sniggered, “Oh, what? She did a good job for a year.”
 
Jonesy threw a pillow, and his step sister countered, and they engaged in a playful fight.
 
 
However, that night… as Jonesy slept, he began to have horrible dreams. He dreamt that Nikki had returned, but she has changed a little. Being the daughter of a powerful executive, while he himself was still the holder of the most fired employee in the world.
 
“I need a boyfriend who's good with a job. One who makes money more than just once. You sicken me, Jonesy. Goodbye!
 
“But, Nikki…”
 
“GOOD… BYE…!” and she punched him so hard in the face… that he woke up with a gasp for air. “Ah!” He wiped the sweat off his brow and realized, “Man! I gotta' do something about this.”
 
 
The next day at the mall, the gang met at the lemon to discuss the matter of throwing Nikki the biggest, the best, most incredible welcome-home part ever. Not to mention it would be her seventeenth birthday too.
 
Jen took over the role as head-organizer, as usual, but while the gang was busy discussing party ideas, “Where's Jonesy…?” Jen asked.
 
“Last time I saw him…” said Jude, “He was trying to apply at “Heavy-Light Lifters” and he told me not to tell you guys.”
 
Wyatt spit out his coffee, and Caitlin knocked over her blender, and Jude realized he just blew another secret again. “Ah… man…!”
 
“Heavy-Light-Lifters?!” cried Wyatt. “That's one of the most dangerous jobs in the mall. What's he thinking?”
 
Heavy-Light-Lifters was a business that dealt in heavy-lifting and movers. Despite the fact that Jonesy was tall, and an okay hockey-player, he was no strong-man. He used to get tired just from pushing Little Emma in her baby stroller too much.
 
Jen explained to them that Jonesy had been having nightmares about Nikki thinking he was no good for her, and that he couldn't hold up a really powerful job. “Even I tried to talk him out of it… but he says he's doing it for Nikki.”
 
“Aww… that's sweet.” Caitlin cooed.
 
Jonesy came by at last, and he was wearing a black T-shirt, and thick short pants, and he looked exhausted. “Caitlin… lemonade… now!” he groaned. Caitlin gasped when she saw how beat he looked and quickly whipped him lemonade.
 
“Dude…! You look terrible.” said Jude.
 
“No kidding!” groaned Jonesy. “I got the job, and they me to work right away. I've been moving heavy crates, cinderblocks, and even pianos all over the mall. Ugh! I think I really twisted my back.”
 
Wyatt tried to correct Jonesy that if his back was twisted he wouldn't be alive, but Jonesy's cell-phone rang. “Ah, man! My boss needs me to move drums of water for the fountain. I gotta split.”
 
It was in vain that the others tried to talk him into quitting his job. “You're going to kill yourself!” cried Jen, but Jonesy took no notice. “Gotta… do it… for Nikki!”
 
Wyatt and Jude decided to go along with to see Jonesy at work, which was up on the second floor. The drums containing the water weren't very big, but still plenty heavy. Jude and Wyatt could barely budge one each.
 
“Why would they even send them up here in the first place, when the fountain's down there.” Wyatt said. “Don't know…” said Jude, “But the government works in mysterious ways, bro.”
 
As they passed along their way to find Jonesy, one of the other workers was passing by carrying a drum that was leaking water, unnoticed by everyone, and leaving a trail of water all across the hallway. Jonesy was coming out struggling to carry the heavy tank without dropping it saying over and over, “Doin' it for Nikki! Doin' it for Nikki!” it helped him to null the pain that was shooting through his arms and legs.
 
Wyatt and Jude caught up with him and offered to help. “No! I can handle this!” he grunted. “You can't!” cried Wyatt. “Your face is turning red from too much pressure.”
 
“Dude! You seriously need to chill, right now.” added Jude, but stubborn Jonesy refused to give in. “Gotta… make it… for… Nikki-- WHOA…!” Not watching where he was walking, he slid on the water on the floor and he was slipping like on ice. “Whoa…Whoa!”
 
“Jonesy!” cried Wyatt, he and Jude tried to catch him, but Jonesy dropped the tank causing him to skid towards the railing…
 
(Slow Mo)
 
He crashed into the glass and flung right over it, “…AAAHH…!!” and he fell down from that high up and hit the ground hard and rolled along crashing headfirst into a column. “…OH!!”
 
…And he lay perfectly still!
 
(Normal speed)
 
“Oh, no!” cried Wyatt as he and Jude rushed down the stairs to get to him. A lot of the mall shoppers began to crowd around Jonesy. His head was gashed and bleeding, but not too bad, and he didn't move or make a sound.
 
Wyatt and Jude gently approached him and tried to help him. “Jonesy! Jonesy wake up!” cried Wyatt.
 
“Come on, Dude… don't go out on us!” added Jude, but Jonesy lay perfectly still, and was hardly breathing too well.
 
An ambulance arrived quickly, and Caitlin and Jen were passing through the atrium to check out the commotion. “What's going on?” asked Caitlin.
 
“Did you hear?” said a shopper, “Some guy just fell from the second floor.”
 
The girls felt a shiver run down their spines, and they dashed over to see who it was. They excused their way through the crowds, and as the police tried to hold them back, “THAT'S MY BROTHER…!” screamed Jen.
 
Jonesy was being lifted onto the stretcher by the paramedics. Jen felt tears coming to her eyes. “What happened?” she cried. “He's had a bad fall. We're taking him to the hospital.” She was answered, “Your other friends are going with us if you want to come too.”
 
The girls agreed, and they were all off to the hospital.