6teen Fan Fiction ❯ 7teen: Welcome Home Nikki ❯ Critical ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Previously on 7teen
 
The gang was celebrating the one year anniversary since Nikki returned from Nunavut, but Mykan, Starr, Serena, and Amelie noticed a scar on Jonesy's head.
 
This led the gang telling them of what really happened when Nikki came home, and how Jonesy took a job that was too much for him to handle and he took a really bad spill from the second floor of the mall which put him in bad shape.
 
And now… part two of “Welcome Home Nikki”
 
(Skip the introsong)
 
CHAPTER FOUR
 
Two straight days passed and Jonesy was still showing no signs of improvement. His friends and family just wouldn't stop coming to look check on him the first chance they got. Even Jonesy's boss sent a message through Wyatt when he came over, “He said you're fired… but I guess you were going to expect that, right?”
 
Jonesy was a guy who knew how to take being fired very well…
 
(FLASHBACK)
 
Jen: “You're fired, Jonesy!”
 
“Hey, Boss.”
 
Party Lime Lady: “You can stop calling me that now, because you're fired.”
 
Stuart: “No, Jonesy. You broke the pharmacist's cuticle oath-- you're fired!”

Hiro: “You are still fired!”
 
Coach: “I'm afraid…you're toast. You're outta here. You're fired.”
 
Ron: “I'll have that uniform back.”
 
Wayne: “I already fired you.”
 
Jonesy: “I'd like to do something I've always wanted to do. Ahem…! I QUIT!”
 
(End of Flashback)
 
Wyatt couldn't help but chuckle, and he believed that Jonesy would agree that there were some good times, despite that he could never hold up a simple job. “Come on, man… I know you're in there. Just keep fighting.”
 
That was all he said, and he left.
 
 
When he got to the mall, the first thing he did was head for the lemon. “How he is?” Caitlin asked. Wyatt sat down, “He's okay… I guess.”
 
“You guess?” said Jen.
 
“Not a good thing to say, Dude.” added Jude.
 
The gang all sighed, and then Jen looked over her pad at the party they were planning to give Nikki when she came home, but what was the use now? Who could throw a party, or even attend one without knowing whether or not Jonesy was going to be okay?
 
“Guess the party's off then.” Jen said. The others sadly agreed with her. It was such a drag too. Nikki's homecoming was supposed to be an event of joy for all, and this had to happen. “Stubborn Jonesy.” Jen muttered.
 
(Flashback)
 
Jonesy was often stubborn, and a jerk at times too whenever he tried to prove himself right even when he knew well that he was wrong.
 
Even when he was trying to prove that guys were better than girls and the guys pretty well only beat the girls in one area, in an extreme unfair agreement.
 
Or the time Jonesy dared Jen not to get bossy or nosy for a whole six hours, and forced everyone into making her crack, only to end up breaking his arm in an extreme stunt… which helped a little.
 
(End of Flashback)
 
Jen sighed, for what had to be the umpteenth time in three whole days.
 
Caitlin didn't have the nerve to make anymore drinks. She was afraid that she'd cut herself with her knives, or the blenders. “What if I get stuck in the hospital?” she whimpered.
 
“Caitlin, don't think like that.” Wyatt said. “It's bad enough we already have Jonesy in the hospital, and Nikki still not home yet.”
 
What he was hinting at was he couldn't bare it if the gang lost anymore friends. It was hard enough when Nikki left, making 6teen, now 5teen. “Five-Teen's not even a word. It doesn't roll.”
 
Now there was like, only four of them left, which made them 4teen.“Maybe that's not so bad…” Jude said, “Fourteen is a lucky number.” The others just stared at him, and Jude hung his head low, “Sorry.”
 
All they hoped for now was that Nikki would come home… but not before Jonesy woke up. That was when Jen's cell-phone rang. It was Nikki calling once again to ask for Jonesy--
 
…Jude put his hands in his mouth again so as not to tell her. Jen was running out of excuses to give for Nikki, some that were hardly even believable. “Uh… Jonesy's looking for a new job… and… uh… he's getting a new cell-phone, and it won't be here until next week. Yeah… that's it.”
 
Nikki was starting to get impatient, but she wouldn't let it bother her. Knowing her friends, they were probably just acting weird to throw her a welcome-home party. That was what she was calling for. The moving was all finished, and their new house in the city was waiting for them. “The plane's leaving tomorrow. So we'll moved in tomorrow night. Maybe we can catch up.”
 
“Hello…?”
 
“Hello?”
 
The gang heard that on the speakerphone and reluctantly agreed to see Nikki tomorrow night at her new home and help her settle in… WITH… Jonesy.
 
“Great… talk to you guys latter.”
 
“What… did you… do?!” cried Wyatt.
 
Jen groaned hard, “Uhn…! Never mind that…what are we going to do now?”
 
“If Jonesy doesn't wake up soon… we'll have to tell Nikki.” said Caitlin.
 
“Dude…!” cried Jude as he held his head frustration, “You're. like. totally freakin' me out here! If things get any worse… I'm gonna, like, totally lose it here!”
 
Wyatt urged Jude to calm down, “How can things possibly get any worse.”
 
Jen's phone rang again, it was her mom, and she sounded like she was crying. When she told Jen what was wrong, Jen almost looked ready to cry too, “Guys! We've gotta get to the hospital, and fast!”
 
Caitlin threw off her lemon-hat and apron, and as for Wyatt and Jude. “I think I spoke too soon!” Wyatt groaned. “Come on, Dude!” added Jude.
 
 
At the hospital, Jen's entire family was there in the waiting room, Courtney and Jen's mom looked really upset, so did Diego and Robbie. The doctor came along and explained what the problem was… and it turned out that Jonesy's condition was far more serious than was first anticipated.
 
“How serious?” asked Caitlin.
 
The doctor explained that it was bad enough that Jonesy fell from twenty yards up from the second floor of the mall which threw him into unconsciousness… but crashing head-first into a column… that really hit him hard.
 
It started a neurological chain reaction in his brain that would badly affect his nerve-system. The longer Jonesy remained unconscious, the worse it would get. “Wait… what are you saying?” asked Wyatt.
 
The doctor said nothing, and he didn't have to. That look on his face was clear enough that if Jonesy didn't wake up within the next day or two…
 
…he was going to be fired… from life!