Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Twilight's Coming ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Twilight's Coming
 
The war happened a long time ago. How long, no one knows except heaven and hell. The rift, a tear in the space-time continuum, was the first development. It was caused by a great cataclysm in another dimension that rendered all life in that dimension null.
 
From that dimension portal poured a vast horde of demonic enties that preyed on life. With their foodstuff gone they were in need of feeding and this new dimension was ripe for their plundering. The forces of heaven and hell allied themselves against a common enemy and the war began.
The war was going badly and the entities, led by one called Rin, were wiping out entire solar systems, feeding on the life essences until there nothing left but death. The war probably would have been lost, but three goddesses from the other dimension found the rift and followed their sworn enemy and joined the battle turning the tide against their old foe. Soon all the entities were wiped out except Rin, their leader, and he fled the last battle grievously wounded. One of the three goddesses noticed his flight and recognized him as the one who had slain her mate. With vengeance burning in her heart she perused the evil leader.
 
A running battle ensued between the two, neither being able to land a killing stroke. Finally, strength waning Rin formed a desperate plan. Quickly chanting a spell he launched an attack that kept the goddess on the defensive. While she was distracted by the attack he released the spell. As the spell hit the goddess she felt her unborn child wrenched from her body and fly into a glowing sphere held by Rin.
 
“One more attack and your child dies,” he snarled. He was weakening fast and did not have the strength to kill her outright. But he did have enough to form a portal that would take him away from the vengeful goddess. As she hesitated, he quickly stepped through the portal and closed it after he had passed through.
 
With a scream of rage she flew through the air in an attempt to follow, only to have the portal close in her face. Crumpling to the ground crying for her lost child, she awaited the arrival of her follow deities.
 
As he arrived Rin used more of his meager energy to transport himself and the baby to the future where he could complete the rest of his hastily conceived plan. He scanned the planet with his mind and quickly found what he was looking for. A woman whose husband could not impregnate her and give him the heir he so desperately wanted. The husband was sufficiently malleable that he could imprint a course of training which would bring the goddess's son to him as a willing ally.
 
He materialized in front of the woman in the guise of a benevolent god dressed in white robes. He convinced the woman that he would give her the thing she desired the most and all she had to do was raise her child to be a man among men. With a wave of his hand the essence of the young goddess's daughter, left the golden sphere and entered an egg in the woman's womb. Another wave and the child's gender was reversed.
With that part of his plan completed Rin teleported to the earth's moon. With his last strength he constructed a shielded cavern deep within the mood where he could place himself is stasis until he regained enough energy to complete what he started and to revenge himself against heaven and hell. But he had waited too long and before the last spell was completed he dissolved into dust.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
Tatewaki Kuno watched the sun rise in the eastern sky. He didn't see the beauty of the dawning day; instead, his thoughts turned inward feeling the darkness that had consumed his soul and thoughts for so long, lifting as if fleeing the newly risen sun.
 
The light that flooded him allowed his to see the joke that he had become. A living parody of a true samurai, good only for laughter.
 
“Susuke,” he called.
 
In the space of an instance the little ninja was before him.
“Yes, master Kuno,” he said, bowing low.
 
“How long has my twisted sister been gone,” he asked.
 
“One month, master.”
 
“And when is she scheduled to return?”
 
“Tomorrow, master.”
 
“Thou,” Kuno closed his eyes, his brow furrowed in concentration. “Susuke, pack me a bag, I feel I need to leave for a while.”
 
“But where are you going, master Kuno.”
 
“I don't know. All I know is that for the first time in years my thoughts are not influenced by my sister's foul chemicals.” He paused for a moment. “I need to find myself, to discover who I really am.”
 
Susuke looked at the boy thoughtfully. “May I speak frankly, master?”
 
“Certainly,” he said. “You have earned the right by putting up me and my sister all these years. “And,” he paused, “Don't call me master anymore.”
 
“Of course,” Susuke smiled, “Master.”
 
Kuno gave a quick grin, “Continue then.”
 
Susuke hesitated, not knowing how to begin. His face troubled, he jumped right in.
 
“Sir, you are not really a Kuno.”
 
Susuke was reluctant to finish the story, knowing it would hurt his young master, but Kuno managed to pull the story out of him piece by piece. It seemed the real Kuno baby was born dead and he was switched with the healthy child of another family. The Kuno fortune provided the hush money for the doctor and nurses involved in the switch.
 
“That is startling news,” thought a stunned ex-Kuno. “But, that means I don't have the heredity madness that permeates this family. My darkness was a result of my sister's perverse chemicals”
 
Kuno smiled, “Do you know the names of my real family, Susuke.”
 
“I have better than that, master, I have a copy of the death certificate that was issued on the other child.”
 
Susuke led him to his room and the hiding place of the document. With trembling hands he read the information. His real parents were Nobuyuki and Achika Masaki of Okayama and his real name was Kenshin.
 
“Damn,” he understated. “I'm not a Kuno.”
 
One hour later he was on a train to Okayama to find the person who was beginning to emerge from his chemically induced delusions.
 
__________________________________________________
 
Meanwhile, at the Tendo dojo Ranma sat on the roof hoping to avoid everyone who had a claim on him. It had been more that six months after Jusendo and the failed wedding and things had improved slightly. Kasumi, was still like an older sister, one he could tell all his troubles to and receive sympathy. He and Akane had finally sat down and discussed their situation. They discovered that they were just friends, more like siblings really and it would be like brother marrying sister if, if fact, they did marry.
 
Nabiki, now that was the biggest surprise. He remembered storming into her room in his tattered tuxedo after the wedding disaster ready to confront her about the uninvited guests only to find her crying on her bed.
 
“Ranma, get out of here now,” she shouted.
 
He hardened his heart. “No,” he replied, “Not until I get some answers.”
 
“Please,” she cried. “I didn't mean for all this to happen.”
 
“Why, Nabiki,” he asked softly.
 
Nabiki took a deep breath and while the sobbing stopped, the tears still continued to fall from her reddened eyes. “I didn't think you and Akane were ready to get married, okay.”
 
“No, it's not okay, Nabiki. You don't think I know Akane and I weren't ready for marriage. All I had to do was to say no and the wedding would be over.”
 
“We wouldn't have been married today. I realized a long time ago I thought of Akane as a sister, not as a potential wife.”
 
“But how was I to know that,” she wailed. “I couldn't stand to see you married.”
 
Her eyes went wide and her hand went to her mouth as she realized what she had said.
 
Ranma's mouth dropped at Nabiki's statement. “You mean you care for me,” he asked in amazement.
 
Nabiki took another deep breath and tried to pull herself together before she answered. “Yeah, Ranma, I care, maybe not like you think, but I do care,”
 
“What are you trying to say, Nabiki.”
 
“I think I have said enough Ranma, now can you possibly leave me alone.”
 
Ranma realizing he would get nothing more from her tonight started to leave.
 
“One more thing Ranma. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'll always listen, for a reasonable fee of course,” she said girnning.
 
And the suprising thing was, she did listen to his troubles even though she made a big show of getting the grand total ten yen from him each time. As a result they became real friends.
 
Even when his curse began acting up and he became more and more of a water magnet she always had a hug for him, or as the case was, more often than not, her and a sympatric shoulder to cry on when he began to realize he was going to be spending most of his time female.
 
On the downside Ukyo had steeped up her insistence that he marry his cute fiancée. Shampoo had ramped up her attempts to drug or capture him and take him back to China.
 
Ryouga was just too dumb to learn and kept attacking Ranma whenever they met. Kodachi, even after nearly blowing herself to bits and spending a month in the hospital, was still after her darling Ranma-sama. Kuno, no one knew where he was and Sasuke wasn't telling anyone and that was a mystery that Ranma wasn't going to explore.
And then there was his mother. He never knew where he stood with her. She was always the too proper Japanese housewife, deferring to her husband's decisions.
Kasumi's gentle voice called up to him. “Ranma, breakfast is ready.”
 
Ranma sighed, “Time to face dumb and dumber.” He took a couple of steps and flipped off the roof, meaning to land gently on the ground next to Kasumi.
 
“It's time,” he heard a voice say as a beam of pure light intercepted his fall. His body hung suspended off the ground while prismatic lights spun and swirled around him caressing his body. Eyes staring vacantly to the heavens his body began to change. Not the fast almost instant change of his curse but slower. White light swirled upward slowly from his feet lengthening his body and giving her a slim, more elfin appearance. Next came his hair as his pigtail unraveled and the black changed to a familiar red. The hair lengthened to fall just above her buttocks, falling loosely in crimson swirls. Tattoos in the form of leaves appeared where his cheekbones met his neck and a small triangle of the same blue of his eyes appeared slightly above the bridge of his nose. Next his clothes were removed to swirl around him revealing that he was now truly a girl and he was a natural redhead. The clothes reformed into an emerald green diaphanous dress that went form one shoulder, across the top of the breasts, down to fit closely to her narrow waist and then to drape down to mid-thigh. Her shoes reformed to matching soft green slippers.
No one was sure how long the light show had gone on, but it had drawn everyone from the house to stand and gawk at the sight.
 
After what seemed an eternity, or a minute, Ranma's feet touched the ground with a flash of blinding white light. When everyone's eyes cleared there was the male Ranma wearing his normal clothes looking at Kasumi nervously.
 
“Kasumi, are you all right,” he asked.
 
“Ranma, you…you…you.”
 
Suddenly, he noticed everyone out in the yard looking at him with jaws dropped and eyes wide.
 
“Hey, what's wrong with you guys?”
 
Ranma looked at Kasumi who was still stuttering, “Girl….Boy…..Dress….No Water…”
 
Nabiki shook herself and wondered if she really saw what happened. Then she looked around at everyone else and decided that she really did. She sighed, “Satome, you changed to a girl without benefit of water. Even your clothes changed.”
 
Ranma looked down at himself. “Let's see,” he said. “Same shirt and pants I put on this morning. What else? Oh yes, no boobs.” He shook his hips from side to side for a moment. “Yep, still there. Just where do you see a girl?”
 
Nabiki blinked, and then blinked again. That wasn't the typical Ranma response.
“I don't know about you guys, but I'm too hungry to pass up on one of Kasumi's delectable breakfasts,” he said walking inside the house.
 
Nabiki blinked again. “Delectable?”
 
Breakfast at the Tendo dojo usually resembled a war zone with Ranma's father attempting to steal his son's food and Ranma defending while shoveling food as fast as he can inside his mouth. But, today was different. All eyes were on Ranma as he slowly ate and enjoyed his food.
 
“Ranma, are you all right,” Akane asked, a worried look on her face.
“Just great,” he replied. “If fact, for some reason I feel unusually invigorated today.”
The sound of five sets of chopsticks hitting plates as they were dropped, echoed through the room.
 
Ranma paused to swallow his rice, before replying. “You guys are sure acting funny today. Is there anything going on that I should know?”
 
“Why, no Ranma,” Kasumi said giving him one of her patented smiles.
“Manners…Big Words…World Coming to an End! Nabiki stuttered.
 
Ranma glanced at Nabiki and turned to Akane. “I think she's broke.”
 
Gemma, being the oblivious fool he normally was figured that now was the perfect opportunity to steal his son's food. His chopsticks stabbed out toward Ranma's plate only to hit an invisible barrier and stop. He tried again and the same thing happened.
His eyes squinted, noticing Nabiki still staring blankly at Ranma. His chopsticks darted toward Nabiki's plate, only to be blocked impossibly fast by Ranma's chopsticks.
 
“Pops,” he said “You know better. Now quit.
 
“Oh, you ungrateful boy, you would want your poor father to starve.” His chopsticks flashed toward Akane's plate only to blocked by Ranma again.
Genma's eyes narrowed. Ranma would not expect him to get food from Kasumi's plated. His chopsticks darted out even faster.
 
“Pops, you're making me angry,” Ranma said, hitting a pressure point on the back of Genma's hand making him drop his chopsticks.
 
“You ungrateful boy, begrudging your poor father a few morsels of food. What did I do to deserve such a worthless son.”
 
“Ungrateful, worthless, am I,” Ranma yelled, getting madder and madder.
 
And then it happened. Boy Ranma suddenly became girl Ranma wearing the same green dress they had seen earlier. But this was a girl Ranma they had not seen before. She was taller, slimmer, even her breasts seemed smaller, the perfect size to go with her perfect body. Gone was the baby fat from her face, it was more elfin in appearance and the tattoos made a reappearance.
 
Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared wide eyed at Ranma.
 
Nabiki stayed broke. “No Water…Girl…Dress…Kawai.”
All eyes turned to Nabiki whose eyes rolled back and she slumped to the floor unconscious.
 
To Nabiki it was if one moment she was in the Tendo dining room and the next waking up in a lush meadow with spring flowers blooming all around and everyone else was gone, except one strange appearing woman in a weird looking leather outfit. On her face were tattoos similar to what had appeared on Ranma
 
Nabiki composed herself and went into full Ice Queen mode. ”Who are you and where am I,” she asked coldly.
 
“Ah, ma cher, I am Peorth, goddess of moments and you are with me on the astral plane.”
 
Nabiki assimilated the information and replied, “With all the weirdness that happens around here I guess this is believable. But why am I here and why did Ranma get similar facial marking to yours.
 
“I'll answer the second question first. Ranma got similar facial markings because of her heritage. More I cannot say now except she will be needed in the future.
 
“She,” Nabiki questioned.
 
“No, no, no, ma cher. That's all I can say now. “She,” Peorth emphasized the word, “will be needed.”
 
“As for your first question, you are here because you have a unique opportunity. Ranma is going to need support. Strong, loving support if she is to survive what is to come. And there is no need to ask why you. You know the reason and so do the heavens.
“You have the chance to redeem yourself in Ranma's eyes and all you have to do is become yourself and not the cold hearted bitch that hid behind a mask of ice. Do not be afraid to love, your mother would have, no your mother wants you to be the person you once was. She misses seeing her loving, mischievous daughter.”
 
Peorth's form began to grow faint as she faded from sight and Nabiki fully lost consciousness.
 
“Oh, my,” Kasumi understated.
 
Ranma sighed, her appetite gone. She stood and bowed toward Kasumi. “The food was excellent as usual, Kasumi. Thank you.”
 
Kasumi gave her a thousand watt smile. “Why thank you, Ranma, that's very kind of you to say.”
 
“Akane, if you will grab our bags and bentos, I'll get the broke one here,” she said indicating Nabiki who continued to mutter, staring vacantly at Ranma.
 
“Manners…Language…No Water…Girl…Kawai,” she stuttered as Ranma gently picked her up, her arms automatically locking around her neck.
 
“Sure, Ranma,” Akane replied. “But don't you want to change first.”
 
Ranma looked down at himself. A dress. Boobs pressing into Nabiki. “H…How did that happen?
 
She went into the kitchen and leaned Nabiki against a counter. Picking up the ever present hot water kettle she poured a small amount over her head. Nothing. She tried again with more water. Nothing. Panicking, she poured the entire kettle over her head. Still nothing. She started to scream then caught herself, I will not panic, there must be a logical explanation.
 
“Ranma, are you all right,” Akane asked.
 
“No, Akane, I'm not. This should not happen, unless the old ghoul did something.”
 
“Are you going to school like that?'
 
“Yeah,” she sighed. “But let's stop by the Nekohauten after school and find out if they did something to me.
 
Man, I wish Dr. Tofu hadn't moved, then I wouldn't have to go there.”
 
She picked Nabiki up again. “Kawaii,” she muttered, snuggling deeper into her arms.
 
By now Ranma was used to Nabiki's hugs when he was female and feeling down. Being called kawai, now that was different. But unexpected, Ranma thought. Nabiki have been getting more and more touchy when he was female.
 
Akane glared at her sister. “Pervert,” she muttered. “My sister is a hentai.”
The walk to school was quiet until Akane noticed Ranma's face turning crimson red.
 
“Ranma, what's the matter?”
 
“Its Na…Nabiki,” she replied. “She…She…I mean…Her…Her,” she couldn't continue.
 
Akane looked closely at her sister in Ranma's arms. She could hear a faint snore from her sister. One of her hands was still around Ranma's neck. The other hand had dropped and was…and was clutching Ranma's left breast.
 
A red aura sprang up around Akane. “Pervert,” she yelled, her mallet materializing in her hand.
 
Ranma panicked and took off running toward school leaving Akane behind. Her “Nabiki no baka” echoed behind him.
 
The sudden running of Ranma jostled Nabiki causing her to wake. As her awareness grew she realized her face was pressed against something incredibly soft and her right hand was squeezing something just as soft. She opened her eyes and saw Ranma-chan's beautiful face and snuggled deeper into her bosom. “Kawaii.”
 
Ranma glanced down at Nabiki. “Would you please stop doing that.”
 
She gave a final squeeze. “Why should I,” she smirked. “Doesn't it feel good.”
 
Ranma's face blossomed even more red. “Yes, uh, no, uh…”
 
“Okay, spoilsport, you can put me down now. I think I can walk the rest of the way now.”
 
Ranma almost dropped Nabiki in her haste to put her down.
 
Nabiki pouted, “Don't you like me anymore, Ranma.”
 
“Yes, uh, no, yes…ah geeze.”
 
Nabiki smirked at the red head and said, “ I've been wanting to do this for the longest now.” She then reached up to the now taller girl's neck and pulled her head down.
 
“Looking good, Ranam-chan,” she said, kissing her gently on the lips.
 
Ranma froze and Nabiki released the kiss and walked off, her hips swaying seductively unable to hear the words Nabikis whispered, “I accept, Peorth.”
 
Akane caught up to the now stationary Ranma still muttering something about a sister and pervert. Grabbing Ranma's hand she pulled the still motionless girl toward school.
 
As they neared school both Akane's and Ranma's eyes scanned all possible hiding places. No Kuno.
 
“I wonder where he is,” Akane asked.

“I really don't know and don't care, as long as he doesn't see me like this.”
 
Entering the school and his classroom, it seemed like the entire student body turned out to see female Ranma and her new clothes. All the boys and more than a few of the girls eyed the neo girl with lust filled eyes. Meanwhile Nabiki was doing landmark business selling information about Ranma's change.
 
 
______________________________________________________
 
 
The phone began ringing in the temple home of three girls. A beautiful brown-haired girl with blue markings on her face answered.
 
“Moshi, Moshi, Morisato residence. Oh hello, father. Really. That's wonderful.
Oh my…Oh my…"
 
The listeners, a short, dark-haired boy, an exotically beautiful woman with platinum hair and a black-haired young girl all looked on in curiosity.
 
“Yes father, I'll tell them,” Belldandy said. “I love you. Bye.”
 
“What is it, Bell” Keichi asked.
 
“Yeah sis, give us the skinny,” Urd prompted.
 
Glaring at her sister Skuld said, “Leave her alone, you old hag, she'll tell us when she's ready.”
 
Eyes turning stormy, Urd turned toward Skuld.
“Squirt…”
 
“Sisters,” Belldandy interrupted. “There is no time for that. It seems we have a job.”
 
Giving Skuld one more glare, before turning to Belldandy, Urd asked “What kind of job would need all of us, sis.”
 
“It seems we have a new goddess,” she replied. “A first-class, class one, unlimited. She just ascended today.”
 
Urd and Skuld both looked stunned at this news.
 
Urd pulled hersef together. “So,” she said. “What's her area of influence.”
 
“Well,” Belldandy paused. “She is a goddess at large.”
 
A simultaneous shout of , “What,” echoed through the temple.
 
Belldandy paused again, fingers massaging her temples. “She is also Tokimi's daughter.”
 
An even louder shout echoed through the ward.
 
“A one, one, unlimited who just ascended who practically has influence over everything,” questioned a stunned Urd. “That's…that's unheard of.”
 
Bell just nodded in agreement.
 
“We each have jobs to do,” Belldandy continued. “Skuld, you are to go to Asguard and procure an angel egg for the new goddess.”
 
“But…But, that's too soon,” Skuld said. “If she receives her angel before Kami-sami's blessing, the angel will have free will.”
 
“I know, I know,” Belldandy said. “But those are your orders. And when you do you will join Urd and assist her.”
 
“What,” both Urd and Skuld yelled. “I don't need the squirt's help.”
 
“I don't need the old hag.”
 
“Sisters,” Belldandy said firmly. “Those are Kami-sami's orders.
 
“Urd, you will go to the Tendo dojo in the Nermia ward and instruct the new goddess, with Skuld's assistance.” She could feel a migraine coming on as on her duties and new powers.”
 
“Skuld, when you are in Asguard you are to check out a weapon for the goddess.”
 
Skuld sighed, “Okay, oneechan, what weapon am I supposed to get.”
 
Belldandy's headache was getting worse. “You are to check out Phoenix Heart.”
The silence was eerie now after all the yelling. Keiichi looked back and forth between the three goddess.
 
“What does that mean, Bell,” he asked.
 
“Phoenix Heart is a category one weapon which can only be used by first class, category one, unlimited deity. In all of history, it has never been wielded because there has never been one with a pure enough heart and strong enough to use it without the sword destroying the wielder.”
 
“And who is Tokimi,” Keiichi asked.
 
“The goddess Tokimi is chaos incarnate and her powers are immense. Ever since she lost her baby she has been unpredictable and supremely dangerous,” Urd said.
 
“Why hasn't Kami-sami done anything about her,” Keiichi asked.
 
“Father wouldn't say, only that it was necessary that she remain free and unhindered,” Belldandy said.
 
She paused a moment, her face worried, “He sa…said one more thing. The prophecy is nigh.”
 
“What is the prophecy, Bell?
 
It was Urd who spoke this time, her voice barely a whisper,
 
“When the fetters are broken,
And Fimbuwinter is nigh,
The daughter who was conceived
but never born
Shall be the sun
that devours the darkness
of the world's winter.”
 
She continued, “Fimbuwinter is the twilight of the gods, a winter so intense that only few humans will survive. And then comes Ragnarok, the god's final battle and the end of all things.”
 
Skuld was unusually quiet during Urd's explanation. She felt something within her domain. “Bell, a temporal anomaly is happening. Someone is using the time stream to travel from the future to the present.”
 
“Oh my,” Bell said.
 
“Damn,” from Urd.
 
“Would somebody explain,” asked Keiichi.
 
“Use of the time stream to travel through our domain can cause time quakes,” Bell answered.
 
“Which, in turn,” Urd continued, “can break Fenrir's chains, freeing the wolf who will devour the sun and bring on Fimbuwinter.”
 
“Oh my,” said Keiichi.

_________________________________________________________ _
 
 
Ukyou knew today was her lucky day. Today was the day Ranma was going to take her out on a date. She kept fidgeting at her desk waiting for Ranma to arrive. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw Akane enter the classroom pulling a reluctant slim, female Ranma behind her. Not only was Ranma female but she was wearing a beautiful green dress that seemed to float just above her knees. Her eyes widened. She was wearing a bra. Ranma never wore a bra.
“Ranchan,” Ukyou gasped. “What happened to you?”
Ukyou could see her eyes filled with unshed tears as she replied. “I don't know Uuchan. I just don't know.”
She looked quizzically at Akane.
“We don't know what's going on, Ukyou. She changed this morning without water. Her hair, clothes, everything changed.”
Not much learning, as if any ever did at Furinkan, went on that morning as everyone kept staring at Ranma who was oblivious to all. She wasn't sleeping as usual, but appeared to be deep in thought.
Ranma slumped at her desk. Somehow she knew ahe would not be able to change back. For some reason this form felt natural to her like it had never felt before. And when she tried to center herself, she felt power. Power that made Saffron's or Herb's look weak in comparison.
Lunch finally arrive and Ranma vaulted out the window, giving everyone below a free shot at viewing the matching green panties she was wearing. Landing lightly she noticed all the boys passed out on the ground with blood spurting from their nostrils and silly grins on their faces. What disgusted her the most, though, were the few girls passed out with bloody noses.
“Perverts,” she muttered angrily as she sprinted into the woods.
Akane and Ukyou ran down the stairs trying to catch Ranma, but by the time they got outside she had already disappeared.
“Okay, sugar,” Ukyou said. “Let's sit down and eat while you tell me what happened to Ranchan.”
They had just settled down when a familiar bicycle came flying over the school wall and came to a sliding stop just in front of them.
“Where airen,” Shampoo bubbled. “I have too too good ramen for him.”
Akane sighed, this wasn't going to be easy with the effervescent Amazon present.
Unnoticed by all a slim brown-haired girl walked through the school gates.
 
_____________________________________________________
 
 
Nabiki heard the sobs before she got to Ranma's quiet place beneath the bridge. She sat down next to the redhead and gathered her in her arms. Ranma turned, surprised to see Nabiki holding her. She grabbed Nabiki's blouse with both hands and buried her face in her chest, long drawn out sobs racking her slim body.
This was something new for Nabiki. No one had ever come to her for comfort when they were this hurt. But a dim memory of her crying in her mother's arm's entered her thoughts and she remembered how her mother had stroked her hair and make little cooing sounds until she calmed down.
Hesitantly, she started stroking silky red hair. “Let it go little one, everything will be all right,” she cooed, realizing how natural this felt.
Ranma slipped into Nabiki's lap and wrapped her arms tightly around her back, her face buried in Nabiki's bosom.
“Let it all out little red,” Nabiki whispered. “You'll feel better it you do.”
Nabiki didn't know how long she held Ranma, it could have been five minutes or five hours, before the sobs finally subsided.
“Feeling better now,” she asked.
 
A pair of blue eyes shyly peeked up at her seeing the concern in Nabiki's eyes.
“Yeah, I guess,” came the voice muffled by Nabiki's blouse. “But whatever happened to the ice queen.”
Nabiki sighed as she looked down into Ranma's mesmerizing eyes. “I think the ice queen melted some time ago and it's time for the real me to make an appearance,” she replied, cupping the red head's chin and tilting her face upward and bringing her lips down until they met Ranma's.
 
Ranma froze for a moment as Nabiki deepened the kiss allowing all her pent-up passion to flow. Ranma relaxed into the kiss parting her lips allowing Nabiki's darting tongue to enter.
They held the kiss for what seemed like an eternity, before they slowly parted, Ranma looking stunned. Nabiki slowly touched her lips still feeling the electricity from the red head's response. “Wow,” she said.
Nabiki helped Ranma to her feet and grasped the smaller hand in her own. “Come on, lets go back home,” she said affectionately. “Remember, you don't have to be alone,” she smirked, “little red.”
Ranma looked indignant for a moment before grinning. “Sure thing,” she paused, “Biki-chan.”