Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Oh My Goddess! The Devil And Miss Urd... ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters from Oh My Goddess, sorry to say. This is a sequel to the manga storyline The Devil in Miss Urd, though I will hopefully cover enough details in the story to make it understandable. This story also features same-sex couples, so if you object to that sort of thing stop reading now!
Oh My Goddess! The Devil And Miss Urd...
One of Two
Mara fought back a shiver as she looked over at the leather clad evil side of the Goddess Urd, who strode across the room towards her with the grace of a hunting cat. Urd paused, gazing into Mara's eyes with a unreadable expression, then she suddenly grabbed Mara by the front of her robes, pulling her in close.
"What...?" Mara squeaked out.
"Hush," Urd purred then drew her into a fierce kiss!
Mara felt the soft lips press down on hers, the tongue forcefully seeking entrance into her mouth, and she wondered why she felt so unaffected by it all. Separating, she looked up into Urd's eyes, looking for something in them but what, she did not know...
The evil Urd suddenly pushed the off-balance Mara away from her and on to the ground, a furious look on her beautiful, arrogant face. “You don't want me,” Urd said to her harshly, then suddenly began to loudly laugh as if she had discovered some incredible joke. “You want what I was, the good and evil sides united!” Urd said, leaving a stunned Mara laying sprawled on the floor behind her as she walked away, still laughing softly and cruelly.
<0o0o0o0o0o>
That memory haunted her some days later as Mara paced the small room in the temple that was the Morisato home restlessly, like a tiger in a cage as she waited for some word, some sign of progress. `What have I done?' she thought to herself angrily. She was haunted by the madness and fury she had seen in the demon Urd's eyes.
“Was the evil Urd right about me?” Mara asked herself in a whisper, tears glimmering in her eyes. She didn't want to think about it, but...
With a sigh Mara admitted that she had really done it this time. Using a device she had successfully split Urd into the two aspects of her nature, one Goddess pure the other whole Demon, but then things had gone terribly wrong. Unrestrained by her good half the demon Urd sought pure destruction, in the process willing to overload her body to do in.
Desperate to save Urd's life Mara had brought the device to the Goddess' two sisters, and together they had hatched a desperate plan to reunite the two halves. Bailing the evil half with her hated good self they had snared Demon Urd, and now Belldandy and Skuld worked tirelessly to undo the harm she had wrought.
"Don't worry," Keiichi said softly, "they'll do everything they can to save her."
"I know that," Mara scowled at the short, black haired young man, then softened a bit as she admitted, "I just wish I was in there to help...."
"It's done," Belldandy smiled as she and Skuld finally stepped out from the next room.
“How is she? Will she be all right?” Mara demanded fiercely, stepping close to them and grabbing Belldandy by the shoulders.
Belldandy smiled up at Mara happily, her brown hair flowing gracefully down her back. “She'll be fine," she said in her usual musical tones, "we reintegrated the angel and devil sides of herself, in part thanks to that device you brought back to us.”
"Good," Keiichi grinned, "Urd may be annoying, but we'd miss her if she was gone."
“Of course your device helped, it was what you used to cause the split in the first place,” Skuld growled out angrily, the little black haired Goddess obviously not as willing to forgive Mara as her big sister was. She glared fiercely at Mara, who actually looked a bit uncomfortable.
Belldandy gave Skuld a scolding look then turned to look at Mara. “The important thing is, Urd is going to be all right.” she said calmly.
"I'm... so glad," Mara slumped, shocked at how relieved she felt.
A slightly embarrassed Skuld looked over at Mara thoughtfully. “Why did you bring the device back here, anyway?” she asked, frowning as if confronted by a difficult puzzle. “The devil Urd was really angry with you,” she added, referring to how Mara had turned up at their door, smoking faintly from Urd's lightning attacks.
Mara shrugged as casually as she could manage. “I told you, I haven't beat Urd at Tetris yet.” she answered them simply. Looking up, she reluctantly met the two goddess' piercing gaze and felt as if they are trying to see into her soul.
“And was that the only reason you risked your very life to try to save hers ?” Belldandy asked her a little sadly.
Mara stood there in the hallway frozen, almost looked trapped for a moment. Then, with a clearly frightened expression on her face, she disappeared.
"Wait, Urd would want to see you," Keiichi chased after her only to give up a few moments later, returning to Belldandy's side.
Belldandy sighed softly, "I hope she'll be all right."
<0o0o0o0o0o>
A few weeks later Mara stalked around her rooms angrily, dressed in her jeans, T-shirt, black leather jacket and knee high leather boots. She stopped, then suddenly yanked open the apartment door and headed out into the street. The weather looked ominous, black clouds churning violently overhead and suiting her black mood perfectly.
`Why are those words and that stupid question Belldandy asked bothering me so damn much?' Mara thought to herself angrily, almost seeing red as she stomped down the street. `It doesn't matter why I wanted to save Urd, so why do they care?! Their precious elder sister is fine, they should be satisfied with that.'
Mara looked up to the dark sky a moment and saw the rolling thunder clouds beginning to gather there. Suddenly an image flashed in her mind, Urd with her hand stretched up to the sky, calling down her lightning bolts, and the beauty of that image almost pierced her heart.
`What is this feeling?' a deeply shaken Mara thought as her heart pounded in her chest. `I can't seem to work or concentrate, I just think about how near I came to losing her.' She shook her head a moment. `I know I have to do something,' Mara thought to herself wearily. She walked a bit farther, and saw a telephone booth. Without letting herself think about it, she stepped up and quickly dialed the number she long ago memorized.
“Morisato residence!” Belldandy's cheerful voice came over the line, “Who is calling, please?” Unable to speak, Mara hung up the phone, softly.
Belldandy put the receiver down, frowning to herself slightly. “Skuld, did you do something with the phone?” she yelled down the hallway, receiving a quickly shouted back, no, in response.
Mara stumbled away from the booth and walked on for a few moments as the sudden sound of thunder rattled some of the nearby windows. At last the sky opened up and the rains finally began, pouring down in a cleansing wave over the dirty city. Dodging the storm, she found shelter by crouching in an nearby doorway.
Mara stayed there, curled up in the doorway as the rain beat down on the city. Her thoughts and memories chased each other around like cats and dogs, never giving her any rest. She remembered when she had first met Urd, a young Goddess and herself, a young Devil who became such unlikely friends. The good times they had together down through the years, the wild parties and even wilder drinking. Even the time she had been forced to serve Urd in her role as the Queen of Terror, she let all her memories of Urd wash over her until she finally understood what she had to do.
She had to go see Urd.
To be continued....