Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ Oh My Goddess! The Devil And Miss Urd... ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh My Goddess! The Devil And Miss Urd...
Two of Two
 
A loud knocking on the door jarred Belldandy from her thoughts of what to make for dinner. “Mara?” Belldandy said to her questioningly, looking out the opened door at the leather clad, slightly damp devil who was standing there on the porch.
 
Mara gazed back at her steadily, her long hair plastered down by the storm, a odd look in her eyes that Belldandy had never seen there before. “Is Urd here?” Mara finally asked her quietly, but with a great intensity.
 
Belldandy blinked at her in astonishment, she had also never heard that sort of respectful tone in Mara's voice before. “Yes, certainly,” Belldandy said once she recovered from her surprise and directed Mara to Urd's room.
 
"Was that...?" Keiichi asked Belldandy a moment later, having passed Mara in the hallway.
 
"She's here to see Urd," Belldandy said reassuringly. She smiled, her expression thoughtful, "Maybe now Urd will be able to relax."
 
"Let's hope," Keiichi ran a hand through his hair, "she's been jumpy ever since Mara disappeared on us."
 
"Belldandy, did someone come in?" Skuld asked curiously.
 
"Just a guest of Urd's," Belldandy answered diplomatically, well aware of Skuld's annoyance with the demon Mara.
 
Mara cat walked down the hall silently, with every step forward fighting the increasing urge to turn around and run right back out of the temple the way she came. Mara knocked once again, this time more gently on Urd's doorway. It suddenly slid open and Urd's eyes widened as they took in Mara standing there at her doorstep.
 
“Why aren't the protective charms working?” Urd finally asked Mara, feeling slightly stunned at the total failure of those defenses.
 
Mara smiled and shrugged a bit sheepishly. “I'm not here in a professional capacity so they probably aren't active,” Mara answered her with a smile. “Are... are you all right?” Mara asks her quietly, remembering how frail good Urd had looked after the battle with her evil side.
 
Urd looked thoughtfully at Mara for a moment, and then she smiled. “I'm fine, now." With a wave she gestured for her guest to go in, "Come in, why don't you?”
 
"Thanks," Mara said as she walked in, taking a look around curiously. The room looked just like a mad chemist's laboratory, with beakers, vials and potions and odd shaped pills scattered around the room. In other words, it was pure Urd. Mara took a chair, while Urd just sat on the side of her bed, smiling oddly at her.
 
The two looked at each other in silence for long seconds until Mara couldn't take it anymore. She finally burst out with, “I lied!”
 
Urd blinked a bit, that wasn't quite what she was expecting to hear. “Lied about what?” she asked her with a frown.
 
Mara quickly got up from the chair and started pacing the small room restlessly. “When I brought the device back, I told your sisters,” she said as she gestured out to where Belldandy and Skuld's rooms were, “that I couldn't let you die because I hadn't beaten you at Tetris yet.” She shrugged and smiled a little at Urd's quiet laughter. “I guess I thought they'd believe that, but I really, I... Urd, I really saved you because I...”
 
It was obvious to Urd that Mara was struggling with something, some deep secret or unpleasant truth that she was unsure about revealing. Urd got up and stood by Mara, stopping her restless pacing and gently taking her cold hand. She rubbed the chilled flesh between her own hands even as she smiled at her gently.
 
“Please, Mara, tell me what's wrong,” Urd urged her softly, “I've known you so long, you know you can tell me anything.”
 
“I sure hope so.” Mara said a bit sadly, gazing longingly into Urd's eyes. She said it all in one breath, “IsavedyoubecauseIloveyou!”
 
Urd looked over at Mara with eyes wide in surprise, as she felt something stirring in her heart. “What?” Urd asked Mara softly, wanting to be sure of what she heard, and to hear her say those words to her once again.
 
Mara was crying just a little bit as she repeated it more slowly, “I saved you because I love you.” She tried to pull away, to run from Urd, but Urd kept her hold on Mara's hand.
 
"I love you too," Urd smiled at her gently.
 
Urd suddenly pulled Mara into her arms and hugged her fiercely, then she drew Mara in for a kiss. Just then, the door to Urd's room slammed open loudly, but neither one paid any attention, refusing to break their intense kiss.
 
“Nobody move, and keep you're hands where I can see them...” Skuld shouted before she trailed off in surprise.
 
The small battle armored figure standing in the doorway gaped at them in shock, Skuld's eyes wide with astonishment, her suit's gun arm still pointed a bit unsteadily at them. Urd and Mara stood frozen in their romantic clasp. Belldandy wandered by, stopped cold, and walked back to take another look at the frozen tableau.
 
Urd spoke from the side of her mouth, as her lips were just a bit busy at the moment: “Get out of my room, now!”
 
"Come along, Skuld dear...," Belldandy quickly grabbed the still very stunned Skuld and quickly dragged her off as she left.
 
"But.. they're doing, I mean...." Skuld stammered.
 
"Just leave it alone," Belldandy's voice faded as they walked away.
 
“Well that nearly spoiled the moment,” a broadly smiling Mara commented, keeping Urd in her arms. “Does she do that often?”
 
“Oh, yeah.” Urd answered, laughing. “You should see poor Keiichi and Belldandy try to have a date. I'd swear that kid has a sixth sense.”
 
"Probably," Mara chuckled. "Did you mean what you said?" she asked softly.
 
"Oh, yes," Urd began to gently sway them around the room, almost as if they were dancing. Another lingering kiss and, "I've loved you for years."
 
Mara sighed, "Me, too. Wish one of us had been able to tell the other earlier."
 
Their course made it over to the small bed, and with a gesture Urd sent them falling to the bed. She smiled down at Mara wickedly, "Then let's make up for lost time..."
 
Mara slid her arms around Urd's neck and drew her down into a kiss, "Lets."
 
The End
 
Author's Notes: Based around the Oh My Goddess manga series, rather than the anime series or movie, including the manga story 'The devil in Miss Urd.' The manga spells out a long and intimate friendship between Urd and Mara, one having gone on since they were kids. It does NOT say they are actually a couple, but I do think it's quite possible, considering their personalities and some of the scenes between the two of them.
 
Edit: Revised the fic to try and fix the tenses a bit, and I tossed Keiichi in considering he was totally absent from my first draft. ^_^;; What can I say, my usual focus is on the girls. With the release of the new anime series I thought this was a good time to reformat this, and I hope you enjoy reading it.