Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Slowly but surely ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Slowly but surely
Saturday 7PM
 
The time came round for dinner, Michael has been getting used to the room which he, alongside Yuna, will be using for his holiday. Everything was new to him, even though he has watch numerous animé. Yet despite this, he learnt quickly.
 
Now the six members in the temple were having dinner, it was yuugohan (evening rice) and meatballs and vegetables, all cooked to perfection by Belldandy. The six have just sat down, with Belldandy and Keiichi sitting on one end of the table, Yuna and Michael on another end, and Urd and Skuld on the opposite sides. Finally Banpei was outside, peering though one of the doors and observing the actions of Michael and Yuna to the rest of the group.
 
Belldandy, Urd, Skuld, Keiichi & Yuna: Itadakimasu
 
Michael abruptly saying the same thing...
 
Michael: Itadakimasu
 
And they began to eat. But as expected, Michael was having difficulty accepting the custom of eating with chopsticks, he grabbed one of the meatballs and was about to pull it up to him when it slipped off the chopstick and fell back in to his food, causing the gravy to splash on to him!
 
Michael: Oh!!!
 
Belldandy looked at him with a confused look and then sweetly smiled. Michael looked at her and slightly blushed.
 
Michael (Thinks): She didn't mind that, i think she knows i am new to this and so won't mind if i slip up. But, i need to eat so how can i do it without relying on the usual cutlery.
 
Then he felt a warm feeling on his right hand, he looked down to find Yuna holding it as she slowly lifts it. He looked at Yuna and she looked at him, smiling sweetly to him.
 
Yuna: Here, let me help you.
 
She continued to smile as she gently raise his hand making sure she clenched his so not to drop the meatball as she picked it up, she raised it up to Michael and he eat the meatball off it. She smiles as he eats it.
 
Yuna: You see, just clench on to the food when you pick it up.
 
And slowly but surely Michael tried to eat with chopsticks, each time he messed up, Yuna was there to assist him, gently letting go of his hand when he was ready. It felt like spoon-feeding at first, but gradually, Michael got better and soon was able to eat without any problems. Yuna smiled at her success of helping him adapt to this custom. Keiichi and Belldandy also was happy about this. Urd took the event with her usual mischievous nature, proving that it was going to be an entertaining night.
 
Of course, the night wasn't going to be just about the guests getting use to Japanese food, there was also going to be discussion.
 
Keiichi: So Michael, tell me a bit more about yourself.
 
Michael: Well, I'm a collage student studying information communication technology. That's computer based work to be blunt.
 
Keiichi: I study Motor vehicles at Nekomi Institute of Technology. I am also part of the collage's motor club.
 
Michael: I see your dedicated to your work then.
 
Keiichi: Yes, it is difficult at times, but i get by.
 
Michael: Same here, well recently...
 
Both Keiichi and Michael realised that both of their lives improved because of their partners. This is why they feel good about themselves, despite all the hardships faced at collage, they never have had any doubts into if they can do it because of the commitment, support and help of their partners, Yuna and Belldandy.
 
Michael: ...I mean, before the work took was so hard and my parents didn't give me any space to do my work, i felt that I...
 
The rest of the group looked at him, wondering why he stopped. As much as Michael tried to, he couldn't continue what he was saying, it was blocked by a subconscious command that made him unable to recall any bad thoughts. Yuna looked at him and read his mind, she knew the post-hypnotic commands were blocking his lonely past he had ,so she had to complete his line.
 
Yuna:... felt lonely?
 
Michael: Yes, lonely. Until you came, Yuna.
 
Michael knew it was a bit of a thorn in some cases not to recall some of his past, but it was for the best. Yuna didn't want his past to harm him or make him feel alone and defective from everyone around him, so she makes sure that Michael is always happy and loved and never wants to look back.
 
That night, the group was all in bed (Even Belldandy, who had to sleep for some time to recharge the mana she used). Unfortunately, Michael isn't the kind of sleeper who can adapt quickly to new environments , as a result he had trouble sleeping on the hard surface. Seeing he wasn't getting anywhere, he got out of his futon and opened the door leading out into the temple gardens. He sat on the fringe of the temple supports and looked up for a while.
 
Michael (Thinks): This is what i have always dreamed of, being here, in the land of the rising sun. Some will do anything to be here, and some (Looking at his bedroom) just dream and they are here.
 
Keiichi: You can't get to sleep?
 
He looks up to Keiichi, who was still wearing his white t-shirt and black trousers.
 
Michael: Nah, always happens the first night on holiday.
 
Keiichi sits down by Michael
 
Michael: No matter how hard i try to get to sleep, i just can't until i am in bed for 2-4 hours. No matter if it is a soft bed like at home or a sleeping bag or futon like here. But it always occurs on the first day, after that, i sleep well.
 
Keiichi: But you like how you are going to sleep here?
 
Michael: Of course, in fact, i like most of the Japanese culture. I would happily trade in my western roots for it, course i would need to learn Japanese and hand over my British citizenship.
Keiichi: But wouldn't you miss your home country?
 
Michael: Hmm, maybe... maybe not.
 
Keiichi wonders what he means by that, however, he wasn't curious so he changed the question.
 
Keiichi: So, what happened when you met her for the first time?
 
Michael: Met who?
 
Keiichi: You know.
 
Michael: Ah... Yuna... well, i had a strange dream one night about her, i was walking across the forest, injured and i fell on to the ground, i looked up and i saw this dark mist surrounding me, i felt i was going to be consumed by this, until i heard a beautiful melodious voice and then a blinding white light, destroying the dark mist. I opened my eyes to find her in front of me, telling me if i was alright. Before i could answer, i woke up. However, the dream seemed to continue while i was awake, for as i about to go to sleep again, i heard that sweet voice again.
 
Michael: A part of me wanted to dismiss it as left my bed to do breakfast. When i got to the kitchen i noticed there was some sandwiches on the table. My family had left for work so these sandwiches must have been for me. It became even more delightful when i pulled back the top layer of the sandwich to find it was bacon, covered with brown sauce. It became even more pleasant when i ate the sandwiches, as they were the most tasty sandwiches i have ever eaten.
 
He looked up to the moon as he was about to continue.
 
Michael: And that's when i met her...
 
Michael: As i was eating my sandwiches, i saw Yuna walk into the dining room (which is connected to the lounge of where i was eating) and was looking at me. At first i didn't know who she is... well i did in some way but i was like confused... thinking “is this really her?”. She was smiling sweetly to me and her voice was so warm and sweet. It felt like you wanted to close your eyes just so you can listen to that voice and nothing else.
 
Michael: The smile disappeared and she started to show concern. She asked what was wrong and i asked who she was. She told me i was her friend, i tried to deny it but she said that i do have a friend now. I kept denying this, thinking that i couldn't be loved, but when she asked me to close my eyes, i was proven wrong.
 
Keiichi: Why is that?
 
Michael looked back at Keiichi
 
Michael: After i closed my eyes, i then felt this warmth on my cheeks and then my lips were smothered by her warm lips. I felt this strange warm feeling going through me, all the loss and neglect seem to erode away and all the complements and happiness which i needed flooded my mind and started to melt my heart. I felt so warm and cared, that when i opened my eyes again i just felt so happy. And then when we hugged each other she whispered down my ear this beautiful phase (Looking back at the moon) “I love you Michael. I really do.”
 
Keiichi: You changed because of one kiss?
 
Michael: It might have just been one kiss... but it was a kiss 10 years overdue. Yet filled 10 years of overdue need. And it was just the first.
 
Keiichi: But this evening you couldn't be able to recall some of your past.
 
Michael: Yeah... Yuna wanted to know my past quickly, on top of that, she wanted to treat the mental wounds i suffered when i was depressed. So she hypnotised me, and after recalling my past, she made me unable to harm myself by remembering any bad memories. Unfortunately, after the hypnotherapy, we unwittingly realised that while i can't recall some of my past, others can. She blamed herself for harming me, but i told her that we all make mistakes, but it is how we fix those mistakes that cure the wounds.
 
Keiichi: Same here. There were times that Belldandy thought she had harmed me or that was unable to save me, but i always comforted her because...because...
 
Michael: We care about them too.
 
They both smiled, as much as some people like to admit, nobody's perfect. Man, Woman, Human, Goddess or Dreamer; it is all the same, everyone has there own strengths,weaknesses,friends, family, emotions, personalty, approaches and goals in life and sometimes it can feel like it is not enough to someone else.
 
Michael then yawned, realising all that talking has made him tired.
 
Michael: I better get back to bed. All this talking has made me beat.
 
Keiichi: Good night Michael.
 
Michael: You too.
 
And so Michael stands up and goes back to his room, Keiichi was going to return into the temple when he heard a small murmur and a whisper, for inside the room Michael had just slipped back into his futon and was about to sleep when Yuna partly opened her eyes and holding his hands, whispering.
 
Yuna (Whisper): Don't leave me Michael-san, i need you as you need me. We are together always, no matter what.
 
Hearing this, Keiichi smiles as he leaves for his room.