Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Forearmed is forewarned ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forearmed is forewarned
Morisato Residence
Nekomi, South east Tokyo, Japan.
Sunday 7PM
 
After a extraordinary and exhausting day shopping, time slipped by for the group till it came to dinner. For dinner, it was Gyudon (meat ball (it is rice with stewed beef on top, served like soup), cooked by Belldandy and Yuna. The six have sat down in their places as before and begun to eat their food, this time Michael needed no aid in eating his food as he mastered eating with chopsticks, much to the groups delight especially Yuna's.
 
In fact, with Michael knowing how to eat with chopsticks, he was eating though his food rather quickly, causing the rest of the group to look at him either confused or oddly.
 
Michael: Sorry, i just can't help myself!
 
Belldandy: You like it?
 
Michael: Its delicious!
 
Yuna: I'm so glad.
 
He turns to Yuna, who was looking at him. She smiles sweetly, causing him to blush. It was made more apparent by Urd's mischievous and bubbly giggle and then...
 
Urd: They say the best way to reach a man's heart is through his stomach.
 
This caused Michael to blush more, either due to Yuna's warmth or Urd's flirting. Regardless he returned to his food, but not before looking at Urd, who was suggestively smiling at him, preventing him from not blushing. He resumed eating his food, though he eat slower so not to arouse the same problem as before.
Time passed on as the group ate, though there was something pondering Michael over the events yesterday as well as today.
 
Michael (Thinks): A demon, she was planning to kill me to hurt Yuna. A part of me wants to say “I must defeat this demon”, knowing that by doing this i can strike our first blow against the darkness. Yet another part of me wants to say, “Your holiday will endanger your new friends, they are the real target, you must leave to protect Yuna from harm”. But...
 
He looks at Yuna.
 
Michael (Thinks): ...she said she didn't want the forces of darkness to break us. She wants me to be happy, to make my dreams come true. But, am i getting over my head in this? I want to have a holiday, not be in fear.
 
Yuna looks at him, her face showing concern.
 
Yuna: What's wrong, Michael-san?
 
Michael: Nothing... just...
 
Yuna: Your having second thoughts about our holiday.
 
Michael: Yeah.
 
Yuna: She won't win, Michael-san. I want you to be happy and i will make sure no one prevents that.
 
Keiichi: Who are you talking about?
 
Yuna looks back to the group.
 
Yuna: The demon that attacked us yesterday and today, Marrler.
 
Urd: She's nothing, just an annoyance. Don't get yourself wound up over it.
 
Michael: But what if she does comes back and succeed in bringing sadness to me, Yuna or even you four.
 
Keiichi: True, she does attempt to bring sadness to me and Belldandy but each attempt has made us stronger for the next. You have had times where it looked bleak in your or Yuna's eyes right.
 
Michael: Now that mention it... yes, i have had those times.
 
Keiichi: Then you nothing to worry about... because you care for each other...
 
And as if in tandem...
 
Yuna:...No matter who tries to separate you ...you are strong, because you believe.
 
Michael: Thanks Yuna, and you too Keiichi.
 
They smiled to him in their own special way. Michael smiled back, happy that everything will be all right in the end because of his care for Yuna as well as the rest of the group.
 
That night, Michael and Yuna was about to go to bed. They have already got changed into there bedtime clothes and have slipped into their futons, Michael however wanted to ask a few questions to Yuna. They were looking at the ceiling as they were talking.
 
Michael: Yuna?
 
Yuna: Yes, Michael-san?
 
Michael: I was wondering, who is Marrler anyway? She says she is a demon.
 
Yuna: Indeed, she is a demon. One of the best as well.
 
Michael: What do you mean?
 
Yuna: For every positive, there is a negative. For every plus, there is a minus. For every for, there is a against. For every yang, there is a yin.
 
Michael: There needs to be balance, but why does darkness have to be part of the balance.
 
Yuna: Darkness isn't part of the balance.
 
He looks at Yuna
 
Michael: Why?
 
Yuna: We try to ensure there is a balance between many things. People and company, higher and lower class, normal and special, even human and astral. The darkness tries to destroy that balance, promising power and wealth but actually controlling their lives and destroy them from the inside. They exploit via the darkness of humans.
 
Michael: So Marrler aims to destroy me and Keiichi because of our relationship to you and Belldandy?
 
Yuna: Not just us, but every astral force. Goddesses, Dreamers, Valkyries, even the spirits based on earth, they are all targets. But there is one special advantage we have.
 
Michael: What's that?
 
Yuna: Everyone who fights for the light, the true light, the need to protect freedom and liberty, stands united no matter what. The darkness always fights itself, distracting itself from attacking us, making them weaker than they would normally be.
 
Michael: Though they are still a threat?
 
Yuna: Yes.
 
Michael: Well...
 
He puts his hand on Yuna as he continues to look at her.
 
Michael: I would be honoured to protect the spirit world from darkness, because i care about you, and my friends. And i know that these friends would truly make me happy, as i will make them happy.
 
Yuna smiled sweetly as he finished, seeing how much he cares about her, just as she cares about him.
 
The fact that the temple is a traditional structure means that anything can go though its paper walls. So if people stopped and heard what was going on they would be able to hear it crystal clear. In this case, Belldandy heard it while she was playing with a puzzle. She responded to Michael's comment with a smile as she continued with the puzzle.