Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Friends to the end ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Friends to the end
As soon as Tamiya and Otaki left, Keiichi let out a sigh as he looked at Michael and Yuna.
 
Keiichi: Anything goes for them.
 
Haswagra: Are you sure you want to race umm...
 
Michael stands up with Yuna removing her arms off him and standing up.
 
Michael: Michael
 
Haswagra: Yes, Michael. Are you sure you want to race?
 
Michael: Well...
 
Keiichi: It's OK, he can race me if he wants.
 
Michael: Well I want to gain the respect of your club leaders after that argument. But maybe i should have kept my mouth shut.
 
Belldandy: No, you have a right to voice your opinion even if others don't agree.
 
Yuna: Though he was rash when he was replying to Michael-san's suggestions.
 
Keiichi: They usually act like that, though they do respect club members like me and Haswagra. So it's not all bad.
 
Haswagra: Well, with that settled, i will help out the senpais with the preparations.
 
Haswagra then leaves the four (Keiichi, Belldandy, Michael & Yuna). Belldandy looks at Michael, with Michael starting to slightly blush as he looks at her deep blue eyes.
 
Belldandy: It is great that you and Keiichi-san can compete fairly,but...
 
That knocked Michael back into reality as she continues.
 
Belldandy: But you don't have as much experience with go-kart's as Keiichi-san. I was wondering if it would be difficult for you to race.
 
Keiichi: No problem, i will give Michael a quick lesson before the race. OK?
 
Michael: OK.
Michael offers a handshake to Keiichi.
 
Michael: May the best man win.
 
Keiichi then sakes his hand.
 
Keiichi: Yeah
 
And so the friendship between the two was strengthened, much to Belldandy and Yuna's delight.
 
The Evening came and with it the race at the collage circuit... a large oval track with a chicane on one of its sides. A large crowd has turned up, with most of the spectators placing bets.
 
In the middle of the circuit was a large stand containing larger loudspeakers and a microphone. Tamiya went on to the stage and to the microphone to deliver the opening announcement.
 
Tamiya: Thank you all for coming, this is a proud day for NIT as we present to you this special race.
 
In the pits both Keiichi and Michael was getting suited up, Keiichi sported a red racing suit with “K1” inscribed in blue on the back of his suit, while Michael sported a blue suit with “Morpan” inscribed in red on the back of his suit.
 
Yuna and Belldandy was also in the pits, sporting a cream racing suit with “Bell” and “Yuna” inscribed in blue on the back of the suits.
 
Belldandy offered Keiichi his helmet as she speaks.
 
Belldandy: Do your best, Keiichi-san!
 
Keiichi: Thank you
 
Keiichi took his helmet from Belldandy and put its on.
 
Yuna offered Michael his helmet but before she gives him the helmet she gives Michael a small kiss on the forehead.
 
Yuna: Don't be afraid when you are out there, Michael-san. Just keep looking ahead and never doubt yourself, my tiger.
 
This caused Michael to blush before taking his helmet and putting it on. He looked at Yuna and replied.
 
Michael: Thank you, my angel.
 
He looks at Keiichi.
 
Michael: Lets do it.
 
Keiichi gives a nod, then they both get in to their go kart's (both red and blue respectively), started the engines and went off on their formation lap.
 
They arrive at the starting line and await the announcement.
 
Tamiya: So without futher ado, lets begin the 3 lap race between NIT Motor Club's infamous driver Keiichi Morisato and WALCAT's Michael Morpan.
 
In the pits...
 
Belldandy: WALCAT?
 
Yuna: It is the name of Michael's collage. Its full name is Walsall collage of arts and technology. Haswagara-san asked Michael for it as he is a collage student as well.
 
Belldandy: Oh.
 
On the track... Tamiya holds a green flag and prepares to wave it.
Tamiya: Ready...
 
He waves the green flag...
 
Tamiya: Go!
 
...And Michael and Keiichi speeded of the start line