Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ More than enough ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

More than enough
It was half an hour after the race. Michael was in the pit area, being tending to his wounds by Yuna and Belldandy. Keiichi was watching over them, happy that he is safe but worried that he won't get his senpai's respect. Due to others being around the pits, the treatment had to be done the normal way (i.e. no magic).
 
Luckily, Michael only had bruises to show for his injures. The bruises on his hands were tended to before plasters were put on the hands.
 
Yuna: There, do you feel better?
 
Michael: Better
 
Yuna: That's good.
 
Keiichi comes up to them.
 
Keiichi: You did well today , Michael.
 
Michael: If only i had finished...
 
Keiichi: Don't blame yourself , you were just new to this.
 
Belldandy: Keiichi-san's right, you wanted to race even though you would be at a disadvantage. You didn't want to let you or him down.
 
Michael: True, but what about Tamiya?
 
As if on cue Tamiya and Otaki entered the pits and approached the four.
 
Tamiya: You did well today Morisato, this will certainly boost recruitment for the club. And as for you Michael...
Michael's head was slightly down as he was about to speak.
 
Michael: I guess i have let you down.
 
Tamiya:... true, you have not beaten Morisato. But you managed to keep Morisato from winning up to last turn with some excellent tactics. I wouldn't suspect a newcomer to do such a thing.
 
Otaki: You have surprised us Michael. For that you have our respect.
 
Michael looked up, surprised
 
Michael: Really?
 
Tamiya: Perhaps i was harsh on you, because of you being a newbie tourist. But, you have shown potential, not to mention guts.
 
Michael: Thank you very much Tamiya.
 
He knew Tamiya and Otaki's names pre-race
 
Tamiya: This still doesn't mean we won't stop promoting the club. Flyer handouts around the campus are going to be the order of the week.
 
Yuna: We will help out too if you want.
 
Tamiya: Hmm... i wouldn't mind extra girl... i mean support. Come on, back to the clubhouse, lets talk tactics!
 
And so the six left the pits to discuss promoting the club.