Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ ...can be a double edged sword ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

...can be a double edged sword
Mishima pulled Michael into the collage and into one of the dormant corridors. She lets go of Michael as she spoke.
 
Michael: What was that all about?
 
Mishima: Well, you see, if you said no to me, it would feel like i have been rejected.
 
Michael: But you didn't say you wanted a date?
 
Mishima: I know, but, I'm supposed to be the queen of the campus.
 
Michael: As in, “most popular girl” on campus.
 
Mishima: Yes, but, no one seems to want to be with me any more.
 
Michael: Why?
 
Mishima: Well you see, i am part of a wealthy family who specialise in business. I been asked to go on dates with many students here in collage and even before in high school. One time, Morisato-kun asked me out for a date at a museum, but i declined, saying it is for older people...
Meanwhile, Yuna was handing out flyers on her end when she noticed that she has not seen Michael pass by.
 
Yuna: Michael-san should have been here.
 
As she continued walking to the opposite end of the campus, she noticed a stack of flyers on the floor. With most of the flyers on her end handed out she quickly went to the stack of flyers. She noticed it was hastily dropped.
 
Yuna (thinks): Why would Michael-san hastily drop his workload, unless he went into a temper, but i haven't seen anywhere where it would be troublesome for him.
 
She decided to use her mind link to find out where he is. Meanwhile...
 
Michael:...so that's why, but, why do you think Belldandy is getting in the way?
 
Mishima: It's simple, she takes my appreciation, my fans, and my chances of getting any boys. I am supposed to be queen of the campus, be showered with gifts, be asked for a date?
 
Michael: Maybe she isn't aiming to be “Queen of the campus”...
 
Mishima:What do you mean?
 
Michael: From what i have seen from her, she's sweet, kind,selfless, clever, talented and beautiful.
 
Mishima: Beautiful! I'm just as beautiful as her!
 
Michael: Well, you are beautiful, Mishima.
 
Mishima: Really?
 
Michael: Really.
 
Mishima (Thinks): He's fallen for me, now to ask him out.
 
Michael: Well, I've got to go.
 
Mishima: Just a second.
 
Michael: Yes?
 
Mishima: Do you want to go out with me tonight? I know a few places that might be worth your while.
 
Michael: Mishima, i would love to...
 
Already Mishima's eyes lit up, thinking her plan has come to fruition.
 
Michael: But you see, i already have a girlfriend.
 
Mishima was shocked.
 
Mishima: Huh!? You already have a girlfriend!
 
Michael: Didn't you know?
 
Mishima: No.
 
But in reality, she does know that he has a girlfriend, she's is just playing innocent with Michael so she could steal him away from her and reap all the “rewards” in the progress.
 
Michael: Well, i do have a girlfriend, though she doesn't mind me being with other girls from time to time because it is essentially my weakness.
 
Mishima: Well, would you mind having a date with me because of that?
 
Michael: Well...
 
Just then, Michael heard Yuna though his mindlink.
 
Yuna (Mindlink): Michael-san, why are you not outside?
 
Michael (Mindlink): A young woman bumped into me and pulled me away from my work. She is asking for a date and from the looks of things will not take no for answer, even if she knows about you.
 
Yuna (Mindlink): Where are you Michael?
 
Michael (Mindlink): In one of the corridors in the campus. But i don't know where, she practically dragged me to where she wanted me to go.
 
Yuna (Mindlink): I fear she will do more that drag you around, she may use you, and you know you don't like to be used.
 
Michael (Mindlink): I know, my angel, i know. Can you find me before this gets out of hand?
 
Yuna (Mindlink): I will try to find you, just try to keep her there or find a way out.
 
As Yuna was searching for him, Michael tried to by time in order to stay in position. He resumes his conversation with Mishima
 
Michael:...It's just that she is overprotective, but with reason.
 
Mishima: I see, well, the thing is what if i don't see you again.
 
Michael: There will be plenty of other men you can date with.
 
Mishima (Flirty): But no one as cute as you!
 
With that she gives him a kiss on the cheek, causing him to blush. Michael felt enchanted by her, his eyes looked at Mishima's brown eyes.
 
Michael: Maybe i can make one arrangement but no more after that...
 
Mishima: What do you mean no more?
 
Michael: You know, no more attempting to try and ask me out.
 
Mishima: Why? Do you hate me?
 
Michael: No of course not! Its just...
 
Yuna: You may steal a young man's heart and use him for personal gain.
 
Mishima and Michael turned to find Yuna at the entrance to the corridor. Michael gave a sigh of relief. Mishima misinterpreted this as a sign of conspiring and stood back.
 
Mishima: What the? You were plotting against me!
 
Michael: Calm down Mishima, i wasn't plotting anything.
 
Yuna: Michael-san's right, we weren't plotting against you. You on the other hand, maybe plotting against us.
 
Mishima: What do you mean?
 
Yuna: I have heard from a friend that you seek to be the most popular girl in school by any purpose. Stealing my boyfriend being one.
 
Mishima: So you must be Michael Morpan's girlfriend then.
 
Yuna: Indeed, my name is Yuna Braska.
 
She gave a bow to her.
Yuna: Now i ask that you leave Michael-san alone.
 
Mishima: I found him, so i will have him. You shouldn't have left your boyfriend alone.
 
Yuna: We were doing some work for the Motor club.
 
Mishima: Hmph, i don't know why an elegant woman like you would do something for them.
 
Yuna: Well, i don't know why an elegant woman like you would end up playing with men's lives.
 
Mishima: Well, i off with Michael-san for a date. Take it or leave it.
 
Yuna: Well if you want him, you must challenge me.
 
Michael was surprised, he is going to be “won” over in a game.
 
Mishima: Fine, if its anything to get you off my back.
 
Yuna: Name your contest, if you win, you will be allowed to date with Michael-san. If not, you must never try to mess with his life again.
 
Mishima: Well i will chose...
 
As she was making her mind up...
 
Michael (Mindlink): Yuna, I'm not sure about this...
 
Yuna (Mindlink): Don't worry Michael-san, i know its sounds like your a prize, but i know that Mishima can't please anyone but herself. I'm just trying to ensure that Mishima leaves you alone without resorting to rash methods.
 
As soon as the mindlink was over, Mishima made up her mind.
Mishima:...A cooking contest.
 
Yuna smiles as she announced it
 
Yuna: Fair enough, they say the best way to reach a man's heart is though his stomach. Take us to a student kitchen and we will begin.
 
And so they left...