Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Your no prize,your the man i love ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Your no prize, your the man i love
...Yuna, Mishima and Michael arrive in one of the student kitchens. With no one else around, they all sat by different tables. Mishima pulled out of one of the cupboards some cooking ingredients and laid them all out on one table.
 
Mishima: You can use any of the ingredients on this table, i will cover the expenses for them.
 
Michael: Your sure about this.
 
Mishima: Just as sure as you coming on a date with me.
 
Yuna: All right, we will each cook a small snack for Michael-san. He will test both of them and choose who wins. Remember, if you lose, you must apologize to Michael-san and not attempt to mess his life up again.
 
Mishima: Agreed. And if i win, i will take him out tonight.
 
Yuna: Lets begin. We pick some ingredients here, one at a time.
 
They each took turns to pick their ingredients. Mishima thought, with Michael being English that a British meal would please him. So she first picked some eggs. Yuna picked some raw meat. Mishima then picked up some bread. Yuna followed with some rice. Mishima picked up some vegetables and as there were two sets of vegetables Yuna picked up the same.
 
They both immediately went to different tables and began to cook.
 
Michael: So i don't distract either of you, i will just wait outside.
 
Yuna: OK.
 
So Michael went outside and waited outside, completely unaware that Urd was also there. She was holding something behind her back.
 
Urd: Hi Michael
 
Michael: Urd! Why are you here?
 
Urd: Someone told me that you have got some rivalry
 
Michael: What do you mean?
 
Urd: Two words, Sayko Mishima.
 
Michael: Yes, so...
 
Urd: If you really love Yuna, you will have to show it with more than sight.
 
Michael: Meaning?
 
Urd: When it comes to testing the food, you will wear this...
 
Urd mischievously smiles as she pulls out a blindfold from behind her back.
 
Michael: A blindfold.
 
Urd: Yes, you will wear this so you won't know who is giving the food. That way the only way that will choose your love will be who cooks the best.
 
Michael: I thought you are not supposed to meddle with my relationship.
 
Urd: Who's saying that i am? It is for your benefit.
 
Michael: What if i refuse?
 
She points at Michael, with a small spark of electricity coming out.
 
Urd: Then i will punish you.
 
Michael sighs as he takes the blindfold.
 
Michael: Fine, i will do it.
 
Urd: Good for you, well i will see you soon.
 
And with that she leaves. Michael then looks at the blindfold and thinks to himself.
 
Michael (Thinks): I have got to see my love in more than sight, what does she mean? I know she said that the best way to reach a man's heart is though the stomach but...
 
Looking at the home economics room where he saw Yuna using the stove. She was quietly and sweetly humming to herself.
 
Michael (Thinks): Was she just playing with me, or did she really mean it?
 
He pondered about it for a while.
 
Yuna: Michael-san, we are done!
 
Michael: OK.
 
And so he went in, washed his hands and sat down.
 
Michael: Just to make it more interesting, i will use this (Showing his blindfold) so i won't know who its from.
 
Yuna: OK.
 
Mishima: Who goes first?
 
Michael puts on his blindfold.
 
Michael: Whoever wants to try to win my heart though my stomach.
 
Mishima smirks at Yuna as she takes her plate and puts on Michael's table, she then placed a knife and fork in Michael's hand.
 
Mishima: Eat up.
 
And so Michael began to eat whatever was on his plate, blindfolded!
Mishima thought that, with Michael being English that an English meal would be appropriate to win him over. So she cooked scrambled eggs on toast. Michael ate most of the food up and found no unique taste in them, yet was happy it wasn't bitter.
 
Michael: Hmm, tastes OK. Next!
 
Mishima removed the plate and cutlery from him and put them to the side. Yuna then took her meal and put it on Michael's table.
Yuna thought a more exotic and original meal would delight Michael, so she made a Bento (Boxed lunch) containing some meat,rice and vegetables. Knowing full well she would be at a disadvantage, she compensate the lack of ingredients by ensuring that all the ingredients were cooked to perfection and laid out correctly. The meat was also mixed with the rice, creating a makeshift Gyuudon (Which would originally be bowl meal of rice with a slice of meat on top).
 
Yuna: Here you go, Michael-san.
 
Michael eat his second meal and it tasted delicious, just like the first meal they had together. Which although was just as basic as the meal he is eating now, felt pleasant and tasty.
 
Michael (Thinks): This tastes just like the first time i had a meal with her, and even that was a basic meal. Maybe Urd is right, i need to see my love with more than sight. Yuna is a great cook, making each meal as special as the last one, and that is one of the many reasons why i love her.
 
He finished eating his meal.
 
Michael: OK, i have decided. The first meal was alright but had no distinguishing qualities. The second meal though, tasted delicious, so the winner is the second meal.
 
Yuna was delighted, she had won the challenge. She goes up to Michael and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Causing Michael to blush as he takes off his blindfold. They both looked at each other in their dreamy state.
 
Yuna: Michael-san, i was the one who cooked the second meal for you. Thank you.
 
She gave a bow to him to complete the compliment. They then both turned to Mishima, who was looking down on the floor.
 
Michael: Mishima, you understand what this means.
 
Mishima:Yeah, i can't mess around with you.
 
Michael:All this week until we leave Japan must you not try to take me away from the woman i love.
 
Yuna: Even though he felt like a prize in this contest, he is the man i love. But...
 
Mishima looked at Yuna
 
Yuna: Maybe the reason why you lost was because you weren't focused on what really mattered.
 
Mishima: What do you mean?
 
Yuna: When i cooked, i put all my heart and feeling into making sure it smelt and tasted delicious, not for me but for my friends. You are a refined and beautiful woman, and i respect you because of it. But if you continue to close your heart, you wont have anyone to pick you up if you fall.
 
Mishima: Maybe i was wrong about you, you seem to understand people well.
 
Mishima then walked up to Michael.
 
Mishima: Although i may not change, you have a strong friendship, don't let it go. As for me...
 
She gives Michael a kiss on the cheek, which was completely unexpected.
 
Mishima: I won't bother you any more, so this is goodbye, Morpan-kun.
 
She leaves but not before giving a bow to Yuna. After she left...
 
Michael: That was unusual...
 
Yuna: Yes, i thought she would not leave you.
 
Michael: Maybe you earned her respect.
 
Yuna: Maybe. Still, she hasn't cleaned up the kitchen.
 
Michael: Lets do it for her, otherwise we could get into trouble.
 
Yuna: OK
 
So they cleaned up the kitchen so it looked like nothing happened and then left.