Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Keep on smiling ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Keep on smiling
Cabin Cruiser
Nekomi Town Centre
Nekomi, Tokyo, Japan
Friday 3PM
 
The surprise was a ride back home on a cabin cruiser. It is one of Keiichi's favorite places for many reasons including the times when he and Belldandy exchanged chocolates and when Keiichi forgave Belldandy after a terrible ordeal concerning Mishima.
 
Now we find the group looking over the cruiser to sea, admiring the sheer beauty of their surroundings. They were taking in the gentle breeze and the warm sun, yet they were also carrying in separate bags their gifts.
 
Michael: This is beautiful, Keiichi. Thanks for showing us.
 
Keiichi: It was no big deal, who knows, we might be able to spend more time in town if you visit again.
 
Michael: Its possible. Who knows what the future holds?
 
That slightly stirred Belldandy, the future? Will it be like the past, when certain people try to tear their relation apart intentionally or unintentionally? Or will it be worse? She tried to conceal it before, trying not to let it show on her face but now it feels like she couldn't keep it in.
 
Yuna noticed Belldandy's worried face and used her empathy and telepathy to find out what's wrong. Belldandy could feel Yuna's psionic presence in her head and looked at her, feeling like she was about to cry. Then Keiichi noticed it...
 
Keiichi: Is something wrong Belldandy?
 
Belldandy: No, I'm fine.
 
Yuna went up to Belldandy
 
Yuna: Do you want to go somewhere else?
 
Belldandy: Umm...
 
Keiichi: I don't mind.
 
Belldandy: Well OK.
 
Yuna: I will go with her, see you soon.
With that Yuna gave a bow and then took Belldandy to the opposite side of the cruiser. Upon arriving they looked at each other concerned.
 
Belldandy: You were reading my mind, were you not?
 
Yuna: Yes, i noticed you were sad yet trying to conceal it. That is good, as your friends won't worry about you. But, i noticed you couldn't seem to hold on to it. I was afraid you would suddenly break apart.
 
Belldandy: Yes.
 
Yuna: So are you alright?
 
Belldandy: No
 
Yuna: Why?
 
Belldandy: I am afraid Yuna, you talk about the future like there is nothing wrong yet i am concerned that something will happen that will make me lose Keiichi-san. I nearly broke up with him twice but only because there was outside influence, i didn't know what was happening at the time and at one time blamed myself for not sensing it. But now...
 
She bursts into tears.
 
Belldandy: Now i feel i am the reason for all this. Because i am with Keiichi, the dark forces find me or Keiichi-san as a easy target. I almost lost him when the Lord of Terror possessed him. Now i am scared that the future will contain more attempts to separate me from Keiichi. I feel that i shouldn't take such risks.
 
Yuna: You are thinking of leaving as soon as you can?
 
Belldandy: Yes, because i don't what Keiichi-san to get hurt by our actions.
 
Yuna: But what about Keiichi-san, what would he say if you did?
 
Belldandy: I don't know.
 
Yuna: And what would you say if you choose to stay instead.
 
Belldandy: That i want him to be happy.
 
Yuna takes Belldandy's hands as she said.
 
Yuna: That is what you need to keep yourself thinking. That no matter who tries to hurt or separate you and Keiichi-san, no matter if either of you changes or if things come and alter the perspectives, just say to yourself, even if it feels bleak, “It's going to be alright” and smile.
 
Belldandy looked out to sea as she said
 
Belldandy: Even if it looks bleak...
 
Her thoughts drift to all the times they have shown their care... and all those times they have forgave each other...
 
Belldandy: ...Keep smiling
 
She wiped her tears away and smiled to Yuna
 
Yuna: And your not the only one who would feel that, I myself would never want Michael-san to get hurt as well. But even when it feels like that is what is going to happen, i keep saying to myself that it will be alright, for i know that he cares about me as i care about him.
 
Belldandy: Thank you, Yuna-sama. I will try to keep that close to me.
 
Yuna: Well, we should we return back to the group.
 
Belldandy: Yes!
 
Yuna and Belldandy walk back to the group. Keiichi smiled as he saw Belldandy cheered up, her smile warming many.
 
Michael: Well, should we give out the presents?
 
Yuna: Yes, sorry for not having anything to wrap them in.
 
Michael: That's OK, it was going to be a quick exchange anyway.
 
They immediately showed their bags and prepared to hand them over to each other. First, Michael gave the bag containing Yuna's costume and gave it to Yuna.
 
Yuna: Thank you Michael-san!
 
She shows the costume to the others, despite the fact that most of the group knew what it was!
 
Yuna then gave out her gifts, first the white\black kimono to Michael...
 
Michael (While blushing): Thank you, my angel.
 
...then the cyan floral kimono to Belldandy...
 
Belldandy: Thank you, Yuna-sama
 
... then the red striped kimono to Urd...
 
Urd: Thanks
 
...then the yellow floral kimono to Skuld...
 
Skuld: Thank you, Yuna.
 
...and finally, the white fleece to Keiichi, which completely surprised him...
Keiichi: You should have but... thank you.
 
Urd and Belldandy then offered their gifts to Yuna.
 
Urd: I hope these will help your role Yuna...
 
Urd gave out the colourful kimono to Yuna, followed by Belldandy who gave to her a cook book.
 
Yuna: Urd, Belldandy... thank you. You are really kind not only for your hospitably but for helping out me and my boyfriend for the future. And i hope that we will see each other again when we leave.
 
To which Belldandy smiled sweetly...
 
Belldandy: Me too