Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction ❯ The dreamer and the goddess ❯ Our last dinner togehter ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Our last dinner together
Morisato Residence
Nekomi, South east Tokyo, Japan
Saturday 7PM
 
The rest of the day was for Michael and Yuna to pack most of their belonging back into their bags, ready for the flight home. They have received the replacement tickets for the flight and now they are settling down for their last dinner of the holiday.
Keiichi: To celebrate Michael and Yuna's dorm departure and to wish them all the best for the future, Cheers!
 
Urd, Skuld and Belldandy: Cheers!
 
They banged their drinks and drunk them simultaneously. They looked at each other, knowing how well they have come this week.
 
Keiichi: So, how did it go for your holiday?
 
Michael: Very well Keiichi. It has been an experience to remember, in more ways than one.
 
Yuna: Me too, i am happy that one of Michael's dreams have come true. And i am happy that i am not alone when it comes to helping him. I thank you all.
 
Keiichi: I hope that you will come again Michael.
 
Michael: Me too, as a tourist or maybe even a gaikokujin (i.e. Foreigner, this word is not as offensive as Gaijin), however i will need to accept the fact that i would be different from others because i am from the outside.
 
Belldandy: Why is that?
 
Michael: Japan has a wary sense when it comes to foreigners, then again so has Wales. They remember us as those who back stabbed, abused and performed dishonourable acts. And strangely enough they still think about that, especially since certain trading with the West has left them with nothing but trouble and corruption. Of course that was no reason for Japan to become a dictatorship for the third time in World War 2.
 
Belldandy: But your not like those before you?
 
Michael: No, me and some other westerners knew what Japan has been though, and knew that we can learn from you. OK, so there are still some immigration woes but i know that Japan doesn't want a massive clogging up of immigrants who would cause nothing but trouble. The country has been OK with Europeans and Americans, but that is strained by some who exploit and disrespect them and It feels strained with China because of it being Communist. So to be honest, i respect Japan's reason for them to be wary on us, but only because not all people understand your side of the story.
 
Keiichi ate some of his food, he admired Michael's sheer honesty when it comes to the problems of being a gaijen (foreigner) in Japan and why.
 
Keiichi: I understand why you would say that. And i thank you for admitting it, if only more people understand.
 
Michael: Me too.
 
Belldandy: I hope things get better for you, Michael-san. You are a kind and noble person who doesn't want to deceive anyone.
 
Michael (Blushing): Thanks.
 
They continued to eat their food, it was yuugohan (evening rice) and meatballs and vegetables, all cooked to perfection by Belldandy. Ironically they had this on the first night, so this would be considered the last time for Michael and Yuna to eat like this for some time until Yuna would cook it herself.
 
Skuld: Oh, the pictures we have took today have just been done. I'll show you them too you in a bit
 
Michael: OK
 
Urd: And hopefully you may receive pictures of Bellandy and Keiichi!
 
Skuld frowned at Urd but this disappeared when suddenly they felt the ground shake. Then then heard mechanical whirring followed by a loud thud and then...
 
Marrler: Come out, come out wherever you are!