Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction ❯ Paradise and the Eternal Nightmare ❯ Alexiel's Wish ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Alexiel's Wish
By: daous (on mediaminer.org) or Enigma-Nemesis (on Fanfiction.net)
Pre-Fourth Holy War, 2999 AD
Anagura - Anagura Hell Gate to Assiah
 
Alexiel stared into the massive, grand ceiling of Anagura, and observed the massive round gate stuck up there. Her curly, shiny, brown hair went down to her waist, waving and flowing in the air lazily.
 
The ceiling above was dyed in crimson red blood from those whose blood have been spilt in the previous wars. Oddly enough, the once dried up blood began to return into its liquid state. It appears that the gate was thirsting for more war and blood to feed on. The necromancers of her armies, with their disgustingly demented, bone wings, circulated around the gate, chanting a curse to release the enchantments. The encryptions on the gate began to glow brighter and brighter, as the heavenly enchantments weakened.
 
Below the gate, on the grounds of Anagura, thousands upon thousands of demons stared and raised a hand towards the gate, as if they felt they could reach towards the heavens and desecrate it. It has been many years since they got the chance to kill the ones they despise the most, apart from themselves, the angels and most of all, God.
 
Indeed, it was their own actions that condemned them to eternal damnation, Alexiel thought. She knew that winning this war shall not set them free from their misery and sin, but they believe they can be released from it if they take down the one who gave them it.
 
Unfortunately, Alexiel knows that their mistakes will haunt them forever until the end of time. However, she didn't really care if they realize that or not, as long as she has an army that will aid her indirectly in her own personal quest, which is to reawaken her one true love from the sword she possesses, Nanatsusaya.
 
Ever since his disappearance from Heaven, she felt torn inside her heart. Sure, they met in a not-so-kind way in the Garden of Eden, but he was the only person that ever visited her before from some other area of Heaven. He was handsome and strong, giving off an aura of supreme authority. His presence, alone, in an evenly matched battle could turn the tides to his side's favor greatly. Everyone idolized him in all of heaven.
 
Now, everyone in hell did too, in an envious way. Alexiel saw him only once, but it was enough to make her want to be with him forever. She fell in love with him the moment they looked at each other when he was descending down from the sky, sword in hand, towards her. His cold, merciless stare at her was something she loved about him, since it reminded her about herself. His four, magnificent white wings was fully spread out, and they radiated with an aura like no other wings she ever witnessed before. It was the first time she ever felt her heart skip a beat from seeing someone. Not even her brother, Rociel, or God could have made her feel the way she felt at that time.
 
She recalled the moment he fell on her, she attacked back through instincts, and wondering why such a beautiful thing would want to meet her. They merely exchanged a few words before he disappeared from the Garden of Eden. She never found out his purpose for visiting her with the will to harm her, but then retreat as quickly as he came.
 
Many years later, when she heard about his banishment from Heaven, she was shocked. Who would have thought the third most powerful being would make God angry? What has he done to make such a highly ranked angel as him become exiled for all eternity? These questions constantly floated around her mind even to this very day... Then, she heard about him forging a new world that would counter Heaven... Hell.
 
For the first time since the creation of Earth, Heaven had an enemy. Soon after he gained an army that was based on the number humans referred to him with: 666. Hell had a total of 66 princes and princesses, each commanding 6666 legions, and with each legion containing 6666 demons. He had amassed an army of demons equivalent to half of the world's population at that time, which was an amazing feet for one fallen angel. Many of the princes and princesses were once angels of high power in Heaven. However, due to their undying loyalty to him over the creator, they too, became fallen angels.
 
The first holy war was a bloody one, where millions upon millions of angels and demons clashed in Heaven, Hell and Earth. His army compared to hers for the fourth holy war, was massive. It outnumbered her army at least 50 to 1, and he had the aid of the seven great, fallen angels.
 
Unfortunately, she couldn't rally them for this war, because they believe they only had a chance to win over Heaven if he was leading the army. Due to the absence of those seven demons, millions of more demons refused to fight alongside with her. They believed she just wanted to take over Heaven in revenge for being loved less than her brother Rociel, by the creator, and nothing else. They thought her actions were too extreme for such a reason.
 
However, the true reason why she wants to begin another war with heaven and hell is because she wants to find something... or someone in heaven that will awaken him from his deep slumber. She did not want to announce her mission to reawaken him, because many demons did not want to be controlled through tyranny again. Sure, Hell was a lot stronger back during his reign, but everyone had to obey his orders absolutely. Many did not want to take orders from only one person...
 
Then again, Alexiel thought, if they didn't want him back, wouldn't they have, as the seven fallen angels said, "no chance" in winning a war with Heaven? They want to carry out their revenge on Heaven, but they don't want to bring back the one who is capable of doing so. It just didn't make any sense to her! So, in his place, she has decided to take the position as the commanding general of a demon army willing to battle against the army of heaven. Hopefully, although that is a feeling for those siding with Heaven, she and her army will push far enough into the heavens to find something or someone to revive her true love, and their leader, Lucifer.
 
As she was thinking to herself, she didn't notice Kurai fly down beside her, coming off one of the NidHegs (a zombie-like dragon).
 
Kurai, a young, silver-haired girl with dark skin, was a child of the Gehenna royal family and a Dragon Master. She is an admirer of Alexiel, because Alexiel was a beautiful and powerful angel. She chose to side with Hell in a war where she should be against it. Alexiel told Kurai earlier on that she wanted to revolt against God, because He never loved her as much as He loved Rociel, her brother. However, Kurai knew she had another more personal reason to start a war with Heaven. She sensed it within Alexiel, thanks to the help of the dragons she could summon, Jade, Amber, and Agat. She felt she shouldn't ask her though, because she thought it would be impolite and not right. She would only find out if Alexiel told her, and until then, she will wait and support her in this fight.
 
A fifth of the demons comprised of Alexiel's army were under the Gehenna kingdom. They were willing to fight with Alexiel only because Kurai asked them to. She nodded and grinned to herself in approval of their unswerving loyalty to her. Soon, the gate leading to Assiah and eventually, Heaven, will soon be opened, and the fourth holy war will begin. She went up to Alexiel, as the Vice-General of her army.
 
"Is it almost time, Alexiel?" Kurai asked, who was the only person that was permitted to call Alexiel by her name.
 
Suddenly, Anagura began to experience trembles, and the round gate on the ceiling was spinning slowly, but surely. The necromancers that circulated it now descended to their respective battalions. The cheering and roaring of the demons could be heard throughout Anagura. The imps ascended upward in spirals, the devils spread their black wings and flew vertically towards the opening gate, and the NidHegs began to soar into the air like a serpent in water. They were ready to be the first out of the gate, and into the battlefield of Assiah. The thousands of other demons piled atop of each other, forming a mountain that became bigger and bigger at an alarming rate. They were all thirsting for blood, death, and ultimately, victory.
 
Alexiel turned her gaze from the gate to Kurai, and smiled.
 
"It is time, Kurai."
 
To be continued...
P.S. I may have changed some characters' personalities, so please don't question me about why they may be different! Also, regarding the explanation of 666 in this chapter, I learned one possible meaning from "The Complete Book of Demons and Devils" by Leonard R.N. Ashley. I altered it a bit to fit the Angel Sanctuary realm, since it states 66 princes, when some of those are females in the story.