Angel Sanctuary Fan Fiction ❯ Paradise and the Eternal Nightmare ❯ Confrontation Part 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Confrontation Part 1
 
First Hour of the Fourth Holy War,
Assiah, Near Heaven's Outpost of Anagura
 
As he plunged into the crowd below him, Michael arched his wings inwards, closer to his body. He began to pick up speed, as feathers from his wings formed a trail from behind. He repositioned himself, aiming for a flock of imps that spiraled absentmindedly towards the heavens, unaware of his coming presence. A second before he collided into an imp, he stretched out his wings and revealed his brilliantly shining sword. He slammed into an imp, knocking the air out of it, and impaled its chest. Blood blasted out from the imp's back as the sword found its way through its victim. The imp let out a cry of pain, as Michael wrenched the sword out of its body with one powerful kick.
 
Immediately after that, another imp from the spiraling group confronted him head on in raging fury, shouting words of blasphemy at him. Michael smirked sinisterly before swinging his sword down on the imp. Blood and dark red flesh spilt from the imp, as it was sliced in half almost perfectly.
 
The other imps, previously unaware of what was happening to their comrades, quickly surrounded Michael and stared at him with bloodthirsty eyes. Saliva dripped from the mouths, as they thought about how Michael would taste. They knew this angel possessed immense powers, and they were eager to take it for themselves.
 
Michael smirked.
 
“Prepare to die, fuck heads!” Michael laughed, as a massive ball of fire formed a barrier around him, then blasted outward from his body.
 
He closed his eyes and listened to the screams coming from the imps, who were slowly burning up and disintegrating into ashes. When he opened his eyes, all he saw ash floating away in the air. Satisfied with the power he restraint due to the lack of wars for so many years, he flew further downwards, hoping he'll encounter a few Nidhegs and devils. Hopefully, he will encounter the one person he has been dying to see…
 
…his brother.
 
To be continued…
 
Author's Rants: Sorry for posting such a short chapter, since I still haven't really decided how I should write out the events after this… it's sad, I know, but tough luck (especially for me).