Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Chapter 1: Lost ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright. I think I aught to tell you that I won't be here next week, so don't expect Chapter 2 for a bit (plus it gives me time to actually write chapter 2.) I'll be in Florida, so I can't update anything (or check my email -__-)
Broken
Chapter 1: Lost
Aang groaned as his eyes opened slowly. His head hurt, and he vaguely remembered something important had happened. He gazed around, trying to take hold of his surroundings. Appa was curled under the shade of the trees, and Sokka was sprawled across the sand a few feet away.
`Where's Katara?'
His eyes went wide at the thought. The last night's events hit him full force.
“Sokka!” Aang shouted, shaking the boy, “You gotta wake up!”
The water tribe boy rolled over, coughing up water and sand. One eye peeked open. “Am I dead yet?” he moaned.
“Sokka,” Aang cried, “Katara's missing!”
“What?” he shouted, rising quickly. His hand flew to the side of his head as he let out another groan. “Ow.”
“What are we gonna do?”
“Sit down for a second, Aang. We need to think this through.”
“But-”
“She's probably on another part of this island.”
He hoped.
 
(Prince Zuko's Ship)
Nearly every crewmember on the renegade Fire Nation ship loved that early morning silence. It was the only time of real silence- no brats to chase after, no orders screamed at their faces, and no real need to do anything for a bit. Of course, this silence only lasted about ten minutes (between dawn and when the sun is hanging a few feet above the water.) Today, that silence was broken by a crash and a shout.
What do you mean he's got a passenger?! We can't just pickup random travelers!!
The ship's crew glanced up for a moment as the shouts of Prince Zuko reached their ears but quickly returned to work.
Prince Zuko forced open the door to his uncle's room. “Uncle!” he shouted, “There is a rumor we have a guest.”
Iroh looked at the prince and shook his head. “Your men pulled her up. She was half-drowned. I am not one to let a person die so easily.”
Zuko's eyebrows shot up in surprise. “ `Her?' You found a girl in the ocean?”
“By the clothes, I assumed Water Nation. I sent for a healer and dry clothes.”
Zuko's voice lost its usual gruffness. “Where is she?”
 
Katara opened here eyes and winced. Her mind was foggy, and she couldn't quite orient herself. She scanned the room; she was in a thick metal room that was rocking back and forth (either a sign of insanity, or she was in a ship.) Something probed at the back of her mind, but she pushed it away.
Her name was Katara; she remembered that much.
So why couldn't she remember anything else?
 
Author Time:
Plot twist for ya.
I know, my chapters are short. I'm going to have to ask you to forgive me. Let me say this (because I've had to repeat this a million times) in a way you will understand:
I WRITE SHORT CHAPTERS. PLEASE GET OVER IT. THANK YOU.
Alright, now that that's out of the way, I can respond to your reviews:
animeobsessed3191- I can see Aang/Katara, but I just love the whole opposites attract thing. Plus, it's just so much fun to write this.
Outsane- Well, you weren't totally wrong. I bet you just didn't expect this little bit.
Jess-chan of the Nya Nya Neko- Before I respond to your review, I'm just going to say I love your name. It's awesome. Like my little twist? I did.