Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Fun and Games ❯ Fight ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zuko grimaced as he held his head. Waking up he had found the room deserted, the metal tray that had knocked him out resting gently on his stomach. `Stupid wench,' he thought angrily.
 
…he closed his eyes. He heard the sound of scraping metal and wondered what was going on. He was on the verge of opening his eyes when he felt warm lips on the side of his face. Katara kissed him over and over, slowly getting closer to his lips. When she finally got there she paused. That's when he felt the hard solid tray slam into his head.
 
Throwing the tray to the ground he stood up. That was the final straw, even though Katara hadn't had many straws to begin with. The next time he saw her she would be his. Whether she wanted to or not. He stormed into the hallway and rushed to the deck of the ship. There, in combat with five fire benders was Katara.
 
She was exhausted. Fighting for almost an hour straight was so tiring, especially after being dehydrated for so long. A blast of fire, hotter than any of the others she had felt made her suddenly very alert. She turned to see where it had come from. Standing by the door that led to the inners of the ship was Zuko, a large red bump on the side of his head.
 
He shot another column of fire towards Katara. She pulled the water in front of her and froze it, making a shield. Katara looked at the quickly darkening sky. Very faintly in the sky she could just make out the outline of the moon. Concentrating, she closed her eyes and let her instincts drive her movement. She pulled more water and encased herself in a frozen ball.
 
Zuko was fuming. How could a girl withstand the force of not only one, but five of his own fire benders? The ice surrounding Katara began to melt as Zuko and his fire benders applied their fire power to it. Just as Zuko thought he was about to break through and get his prize the ice shattered. Shards of ice exploded in all directions. The fire benders were fortunately protected by armor, however Zuko was not as lucky as the ice inflected numerous superficial cuts on him.
 
Katara rolled the now melted ice into a large ball of water. Focusing her entire energy on it she shot it out thin as razor blades and just as sharp. The fire benders had no chance. Zuko and his men were all knocked out.
 
She sighed. That had been one of the most difficult battles of her life. Silently she thanked the moon for her assistance. She had made it farther than she thought she would have. Now, how to get out of here.