Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Fun and Games ❯ Escape ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bunnie: Okay I know my absence last chapter was missed, but…
 
Zuko: *Scoff*
 
Katara: I dunno, it was nice to just get along with the story.
 
Bunnie: THEY MISSED ME!!! Anyways I'll be sure never to do that again. On with the story.
 
Katara: Just a reminder, she doesn't own Avatar. ^.^
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Katara looked around. The unconscious fire nation scum lay on the cold metal of the ship. Having no idea of when they would wake up Katara knew that she had to get away as quickly as she could. It would have helped if she knew where she was. Or even if she could see some land. But she didn't and she couldn't so she would have to improvise. First, she realized, she would need some supplies. Where would she find supplies though? Food wouldn't be too hard as long as she found the galley. Really, that might be all she needed. If she could find land soon enough.
 
Then she realized something else. She had only fought five of the fire benders, there had to be more on the ship. Abruptly she looked over her shoulder as if expecting to see a throng of benders rushing through the door. `No,' she thought, `I'm just being paranoid. If I'm quiet and just take care of things, then I sneak in there, get my food, and sneak out.'
 
Covertly she crept along the inner corridors of the ship. With a surreptitious glace into an open door she smiled. There was the kitchen. Unfortunately there was also a fire-nation soldier in there. Or maybe he was just a cook. Katara didn't want to take any chances. While his back was turned away from the sink, Katara pulled some water out of it and with a quick snap of her fingers the fire-nation pig was on the floor cataleptic.
 
The kitchen was rather large for such a small ship and Katara had no problem finding a cornucopia of food. She hastily filled a small bag she had found with supplies. When it was bulging she stopped and heaved it over her shoulder.
 
Entering the hallway again se stopped dead. There was the old man, Iroh.
 
“Ah, what are you doing?” His eyes widened when he saw the bag.
 
Katara remained reticent.
 
Iroh continued to accost her. “Look, I know you must not like it here. But still to steal our food. That is dishonorable. I implore you to reconsider.”
 
Katara paused. “I must go,” she replied, laconic.
 
“I see.” Then Iroh did something very unlike himself. He ambled slowly up to Katara and placed a wrinkled and on her shoulder. With one swift move Katara was sprawled on the floor, out cold. “I'm truly sorry,” he said while he dragged her body back to the room which she was oh so familiar with.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Bunnie: Okay I'm also writing this story for my English class, (I heart my teacher) so I have to add some vocab words. I'll define them for you though.
 
Laconic- expressing much in few words
Throng- crowd
Accost- to approach and speak to
Reticent- silent
 
I'll add a few each chapter. Sorry this one was short. I know I've been pretty unfaithful to this fic. But I have been re-inspired by Ahsmet to work harder, because I liked the fanfic she did. And because I still get credit for this.
 
Zuko: You know you're just putting in those words to sound smart.
 
Katara: I liked them. I think she does need to use her vocabulary words in everyday use. It helps her to learn them.
 
Zuko: Feh!
 
Bunnie: Woah, no more Inuyasha for you. And look forward to the next couple of chapters. Somehow I plan to make Zuko fall in love with her, and her with him. Then the story will end.