Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Messing with Heat ❯ Crud ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Messing with Heat Ch1: Crud

“Of crud!” You yell, flying down the sky. Your body feels weird, like it was weightless. Remember the time you went on the scream at the county fair? How the ride went high up, then spiraled down on one second? How your life flashed before your eyes, seeing how when you were a baby and funny stories of your little self doing stuff. Like when you sat on Santa Claus, or stayed up late for the Easter Bunny?

You don’t remember how you got out in the sun, falling to the ocean from miles up. All you remember is watching a show called The Avatar, last airbender, and you saw a bright flash of light. Then wind ripped through your hair, which was down, and you were wagging your arms around, helplessly. And you were screaming at the top of your lungs. But, you get to a point, the closer you get, you can’t find it in you to scream anymore. All you can do is watch how you fall down helplessly to a red ship, with a red flag.

You recognize it from that show, as the fire nation. Soldiers were scrambling about, watching as you fell from the sky. You try to twist your body, not knowing what part of you to land on, but just close your eyes and hope for the best. But you angle to the ship, from the wind and your falling straight down to it!

Your going to die!

But you watch as a huge bucket of water, probably their drinking water, is set below you. You squint your eyes, setting yourself so you can land in it. You don’t want to hit the ship, and want to land in some kind of liquid. Seriously not the ocean though, the bucket would be nice.

With an intake of air, you whoosh into the bucket, a huge splash like tsunami wetting all the astonished soldiers around you. They surround you, just staring at you like you were an alien. Well, you kind of were, since you are originally from a different kind of world.

“Hey guys,” You call, spitting the water out of your mouth. You hop out of it, completely soaked and kind of not caring. All you care about it, the people in front of you look like they were cartoon and stuff. Out of curiosity, you look down and scream. You look like one too! You look flat, and colored like by someone else! “What the heck? Where in the flippin world am I?” You yell, glaring at the soldiers who were looking at you like you were crazy.

“I should be the one asking.” You turn to your right, and see the fire nation prince, Zuko, staring at you. The usual scowl was on his face and his hair was in its topknot. You think to yourself how much nicer he looks with the shaggy look, remembering book three and how he turns nice. But when he speaks, you remember he’s the bad Zuko right now, not the nice one. “Now who in the Agnai are you?”

You tell him your name, and what town your from. “I don’t know how I got here though! All I did was watch my cool, hip show, and I’m falling through the sky! Then I fall in that, and look over to see you!” You point to Zuko, who narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

“Do you travel with the avatar?”

You choke on air. Out of all questions he could have asked, he asked one about the avatar?! “What? You could have asked me anything else, and you ask me that?!”

“Yes, now answer!” He shouted, his scowl deepening. “NOW!!!”

Right when you open your mouth Iroh walks out and bows to you. You try to hold in a laugh as you bow back to him, trying not to disrespect him. “Nephew, what is the problem here?”

“This girl!”

“What has she done?”

The Prince didn’t answer, so you stepped up. “I did nothing sir. All I did was watch something, and find myself falling through the sky. And he starts yelling at me!” You point kind of childishly at an angered looking Zuko.

“She’s wrong uncle!” He roared, his face growing red. “I know it, she’s traveling with the avatar!”

“No I’m not!” You yell back, making some soldiers back up. “I just GOT here, moron!”

His eyes narrowed. “What did you call me?”

“I called you a moron.”

With a growl, he shot forward and picked you up. You struggle, trying to brake out of his grip, but he tosses you over his shoulder easily. He then speed walks down his deck, down to his ship. Soon, you give up and just sulk on his shoulder, trying to increase your weight to make it harder for him.

But he soon comes to a room, and opens it. Then, he tells you he’ll be back soon, and throws you on a bed. You bounce a litte, but turn back to run, to find the door closed and Zuko locking it from the outside. You just star helplessly at the closed door, wondering what just happened.

All kinds of thoughts run through your brain, none making sense. All you were doing, was watching the show on the tv and you were flying through the sky. Then you get Zuko mad, and he traps you in some room. Looking around, you think this room looked royal somewhat. Feeling gratitude, you smile and look around.

It definitely was fire nation, from all the red and the emblem perched on a wall. You look to your left, and two broad swords were hanging on it, looking back at you. You look at your reflection, your hair dripping wet and you suddenly feel kind of cold.

You curse under your breath, and try to find a blanket or something. Deciding not to use the blanket for the bed, you just curl up against the wall and shiver.

Great. How are you going to escape?