Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Messing with Heat ❯ On foot ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Messing In Heat Ch10: On Foot



YOUR POV (Duh)

“Why are we doing this, uncle?” You asked uncle, for once not knowing what the Prince was planning. It was weird, not every chance he got, Zuko would back you into a wall or nearby object and molest your mouth. Well, not that you minded. Heck he even moved you into his room now, and you two slept with one another. No, not like in sex, but seriously just slept together. It always seemed he loved kissing you, and the feeling sure was mutual.

But this morning Zuko was not in the room and all the soldiers were carrying all the supplies off the ship, and onto some heavy looking carriages. And they didn’t look too happy either, which they never did, but they seemed more unhappy for some reason.

“My nephew wants to look for the avatar on foot now, since he is most likely looking for an earth bending. We have guessed he skipped waterbending for right now.” What?!

You mouth dropped. No, in the show Aang went to the north pole first. Why was he looking for an earth teacher right now? Wait, he did look for a fire bending one, but then went. Your mind was fuzzy, not completely understanding what was going on.

What was going on?!?!

“Is something wrong, dear?” Iroh asked, concern showing on his facial expression.

You hide your face, looking calm now. You cannot let them know that you’re not from this world. “Uh, nothing’s wrong Uncle. I was just wondering why the avatar would find his earth nation teacher now?”

“The avatar is an unpredictable boy, from it seems.” Iroh gave you smile sheepishly, blushing when he gives you a sly look. “Besides, I personally think it would be easier to look around for the boy on foot. The water and his flying bison always slow us down.”

“Oh, that they do.” You agree quietly, brushing your hands through your hair. You just woke up and just barely got dressed when you ran out, wondering what was happening. You were wearing another one of Zuko’s shirt and some of his pants, that were way too big for you but you rolled them up a bit. Your feet were bare since you had no shoes, since Zuko burned them, but that didn’t bother you right now.

But it would bother you when you would have to walk on something other than wood.

“Oh, and I would love to get you some lady clothes, even though I am sure my nephew doesn’t mind seeing you in his.” You blush once more, looking away when the perverted old man laughed, knowing the truth.

“Yeah. And I would love to have some shoes again.” You admit, sighing when a soldier brushes past you, carrying some kind of trunk.

“Ah, please do not allow me to forget.” Uncle boomed, patting you on the shoulder. You slump, grinning a little. “I will have to get you some. Maybe Zuko will allow you to come with?”

See, that was also another problem. You weren’t exactly Zuko’s girlfriend right now, but he claimed you were. He never asked you, and still is treating you like a prisoner, even though he is a little nicer. Okay, maybe a lot nicer. You were currently confused, wondering if Zuko was embarrassed of having you as his girlfriend.

Your eyes drift up to see him barking out orders, pointing in places for soldiers to put them. These were times when you were slightly afraid of him, since he looked so under control and so like Zuko. His voice was loud and you could hear him shouting things, and he turned for a second met you eyes. A small smile ignited on his lips and he faltered for a bit, his voice getting softer and his eyes as well. You blush and look away, and he instantly looks like Zuko once more.

“My dear?” Iroh tapped your shoulder, and you looked. He was holding reins to a rino thing, and you forgot what they were called. You know in avatar they always combine animals names, and you forgot this one for the moment. The rhino snorted loudly and ground into the dirt with his massive paw, making you gulp. Heck, sometimes you thought horses were big! Look at this thing!

“We will be riding on these, and Prince Zuko wants you to get on.” Iroh kneeled down and you stepped on it, your heart pounding in your ears, and you climb, yes climb, up its huge body. Its skin felt like, really hard and weird and dirty, and never forget dirty. You finally throw your leg over to the other side and you straddle the sadly holding on the saddle horn for dear life. Biting your lip, you look around and see how much taller you are. It was like you were sitting in a tree, and you felt stronger. But at the same time, you feel so small and weak while sitting on this massive beast.

“Please hold on, for the time being.” Iroh gave you a gentle smile and walked off, and the rhino thing snorted loudly. You let one shaking hand go and grab onto the reins, pulling its head back. It instantly backed up, and you yelped loudly and it stopped when you dropped the reins in horror. You could feel the ground shaking when his giant hooves made contact with them, and could feel its power.

“Miss?” You look down to see a soldier and he’s look up at you from his white mask, holding the beasts shoulder. “I need to get on there with you for right now. You obviously have no idea how to handle these creatures.” You sigh when he talks to you like that, and want to elbow him when he sits very closely behind you, his chest instantly against your back. You could feel his breathing from behind you, and this suddenly felt wrong.

“Uh, are you sure you have to?” You ask, your voice small and shaking. You were sure your face was really pale, since you felt sick right now.

“Yes ma’am. Orders from the Prince himself.” He snapped, coldly. You jump slightly when he reaches in front of you, grabbing the reins and his head comes on top of your shoulder. You close your eyes, trying to forget this man was there, and imagine Zuko sitting behind you. “Ma’am, you’re going to have to calm down on this creature. He can sense your fear and that’s why he is choosing to act up.”

“Okay.” You sigh deeply and it calms down, stilling like a statue. The man behind you mutters something under his breath but you easily ignore it, focusing on the animal you were on.

“Good job sir.” Zuko says, from the bottom. He is staring at the man, and his word were kind, but his expression was hostile. His eyes were narrowed and he looked like he was going to drag the soldier off the creature. “Your done here.”

“Yes Prince Zuko.” The soldier muttered, hopping off easily. He walked off, into the shadow of the trees.

“Okay, we are departing right now to begin our search of the avatar, on foot!” Zuko barked loudly, swinging up behind you. Your back was suddenly warm and you shiver when he slyly makes sure he’s fully against you, and slowly reaches across in front of you to grab the reins. You sure didn’t miss when he lightly brushed his warm arms on yours, and lays his head on your shoulder. He closed his arms around your waist as if in an embrace, and he lightly kick the animal.

Oh, now you know why he was hugging you so tightly.

Without him holding you, you would have flown over the rhino’s head and onto the floor. You were jerked forward, but Zuko yanked you back, tightly pressed you to his body. Your hands lay weakly on you lap as he breathes quietly in your ear, and everything is silent but for the sound of the heavy hooves or snorting of the animals right here.

It was completely silent for some time, and your eyes start to droop. You accidently let your head fall against his chest but you jump back up, yelping.

“It’s okay,” He breathes in your ear, moving you back to your prior position softly. “Just relax.”

“Uh, okay.” You muttered, and the last thing you saw was the stars in the now dark sky.

LATER AT CAMP

Zuko calls your name and gently shakes you, waking you up. You mutter his name and look around, seeing you guys were stopped.

“We’re here, this is where we shall make camp!” Zuko announced loudly, jumping down. You panic, wondering how in the world you were going to get off this giant. But Zuko laughs and simply grabs your waist and helps you down, nodding. You blush when he brushes his cheek against yours, and quickly looks away.

“Make yourself a tent men, and make sure you get plenty of rest! We have a big search on for tomorror!” Zuko booms, making you flinch and move away. He gives you an amused look and shakes his head, walking off now. You swore he muttered something like, “Girls are crazy these days.”

Pouting you look for Iroh and see him already in a tent. “Here is you tent miss! I hope you like it and you can already plan on going to sleep.” Irho bowed to you and you thanked him, to walk in. It was warmer in there and slightly dark, and you saw a cot on the floor. Instantly, you drop on it and fall asleep.

You could have swore to hear someone talking to you in your sleep.

“Don’t worry. I will let you be released of your current confusion soon enough, just when I understand this situation better. I, I guess I really like you. Uh, goodnight.” You felt someone lightly kiss you on the forehead, and heard them leaving the tent.

Wow, you wondered who that was.