Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Messing with Heat ❯ Betrayed ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Messing with Heat Ch11: Betrayed



Zuko: Wait, which girl is the one who's in the story? (Looks around)

YolandaFriella: All of them, silly!

Zuko: (Blushes) Really?

YolandaFriella: Yeah! And don't you forget me, boy! (Hugs Zuko out of nowhere)

Zuko: RAPE! MOLEST!!!! (Stars screaming)

YolandaFriella: FINE!!! (Hits Zuko with a wet noddle)

Katara: Here it is people! And remember, I'm the good person, not the bad! I just think Aang was right, right there!!! (Waves)

YOU POV (Or mine ;D)

There better not be anybody in a mile's radius, or distance, whatever. You think all these thoughts to yourself of what you would do to some soldier, if one suddenly appeared. As you look around, your body feels so exposed even with just trees seeing you.

You were naked.

Because you needed a bath, really bad. A towel and your clothes were up hanging on the tree besides you, staring back at you as if they were breathing. The river in front of you was slow but got deeper as you went. It looked more like a pond actually, since it was so calm and all that.

You looked down into the water, seeing your own reflection. Your hair was a mess, seriously, and you could see a smudge of dirt above your lip. Filled with disgust, you take one last look around and dive into the water.

It. Was. Freezing!!!

Coldness bombards you from all directions and you squirm underwater, desperately trying to get back to the top where the sun was shining. You keep your eyes closed and inch your way up, slowly but surely. You could feel your hair floating around you, but when you started to get back up, it went over your shoulder from behind and flagged behind you.

You flap your arms, trying your best to get up faster. Your legs are getting numb all over, and you can kind of tell you're getting kind of close. Your mind is telling you to get some air, FAST and NOW. Lungs burning, legs numb and eyes squeezed shut, you start to pray.

Finally, air comes into your gasping mouth, and you open your eyes. All you see is trees and some rocks, but that's it. Kicking your feet, you struggle to stay above the water and not under. You could feel your hair dripping now, and the bare air making you shiver. Instantly, your arms are around your body and you're hugging yourself, trying to get some warmth.

You need Zuko.

You picture Zuko's arms around you, hugging you back against his chest. Imagining his warmth and rock hard body, you feel slightly relieved. It was so weird, since you can imagine his face looking tender and almost caring as he leaned down on your bare shoulder.

But one sudden thought comes to mind.

Would you ever let yourself be naked with him?

His mother did say to try and help him out, for that's why you were there in the first place of course. But what happens when the Avatar beats the Fire Lord or he joins the group? By then Zuko needed no help anymore. Would you have to leave and go back to your own world? Would you even want to go back?

Your mind goes back to your family, and how school always went. The homework you sometimes got was always so annoying, but you knew it always helped you in real life. This world was so much different from yours, it just wasn't funny. And the sad thing is, the person in this world so far that you could trust, would probably be Zuko himself. In fact, if you had to choose between the Avatar and him for help, you would think of yourself instantly picking Zuko without a second thought.

You were just in the middle of thinking of all these confusing things, before you suddenly find yourself backed against a rock. Your eyes widen, and you see Mai in the water (Shocking huh?) and looking ready to kill. Your life flashes before your eyes, and you have one last thought.

You're an airbender.

A loud whooshing sound reaches your ears, and her body is off of you. Looking around, she's against a tree, spitting out some leaves. You hastily scramble out of the icy water and put the towel around your waists, eyes on Mai.

Now she looks even madder.

"What do you want?" You hiss, totally confused. Nothing's going right here! She was never supposed to come back, no matter what! She never did come back in the show! What was happening?

"Where is Prince Zuko?" She snarls, hurling those dagger things at you.

You scream and roll on the ground, it nailing into the tree behind you. Panting, you wonder in awe and shock at how you ever learned how to do that. You used to have to do those in gym, but you never did them at that speed.

"Who are you, and why do you need him?" You ask, trying to make yourself not know who this girl is. But in your mind you know exactly who she is.

"I'm the one who's going to ask questions." She yells, and you realize you've never heard her yell before. "Now tell me, if you want to live."

"He's in camp!" You yell, hands up. The towel falls and you quickly grab it, pulling it tightly against your body. You feel so helpless right now, not being able to detect this girl earlier. If you did, you would already be at camp totally dry and Zuko would be fighting her off.

Mai suddenly freezes, as if realizing something in her head. "Are you on his side?"

"Yes!"

She straightens up, walking off. You seriously gape at her, cussing at her through your head. Watching her walk away, you grumble to yourself and take off the towel to start dressing again. Your clothes are hard to put on since they're still wet from when you cleaned them, but you don't care. All you care about is getting back to Zuko and finding out what is going on.

When you are dressed, you run as fast as you can back to camp. You can remember which direction you went since it all looks familiar, but your mind is fuming.

You have a bad feeling about this whole thing.

What if it messes up your plan and everything? What if it's that part when Zuko betrays Iroh and he leaves you alone in the dust? Ugh, you were so far in getting him nice and everything. And now his supposed to be girlfriend is going to get him.

For some reason when you think of Mai being his girlfriend, jeaousy rushes through you. You know you shouldn't be, since they're going out in the show. Besides, he might not even like you. Zuko is a really hard guy to predict, and that sometimes does scare you. He might like you, yet me might not. All you know if you two aren't officially together right now, but can't wait until you are. If you are, that is.

"Zuko!" You yell his name when you get to the camp, and see him talking to Mai. She was smiling and looking actually emotional, which shocks you, and Zuko turns around when he hears you call his name.

"You attacked Mai?" He asked, as if worried.

Freezing, you simply stare at him. Your eyes glance back towards Mai and she's staring at him, as if in a trance or something. Anger builds up inside of you, and you suddenly feel like screaming.

"No I didn't! She attacked me!" You snarl, pointing at her.

"Never, she attacked me. And guess what, Zuko? This girl is an airbender." Mai held up her arm, showing Zuko a small cut on her wrist. Your stomach rolls with questions, for you know she got that when she attacked you.

"I had to! She pinned me back while I was bathing, and she tried to kill me! It was out of self defence!" You defend, tears burning in your eyes. You don't know why, but you just want to cry out of frustration.

"Liar! You suddenly attacked me, saying I was the enemy or whatever!" Mai yelled back, and you tok a step towards her.

"Shut up!"

"No, you shut up, little girl!"

"I am not little!"

"Look at you!"

"No, look at YOU!"

"ENOUGH!!" Zuko steps in, pissed looking. You have a feeling this was going to end bad, and you stae off at Mai, glaring at her. She looked bored again, watching Zuko as he thought of what to do.

Then, he looked at you, with Mai smirking behind him. Your heart sank, and your knees felt wobbly.

"You can go, now." He said, as if speaking to a stranger. "Take whatever pride you have with you, and just leave. We no longer need you."

"What?" You gasp, not believing a word he said. "What do you mean? Are you saying you trust that lying girl, with another one that you're friends with?!"

He stayed calm and collected, as if he was dealing with his enemy. Boy is he wrong. "I have been friends with Mai all my life. I barely met you, and do not know where you have came from. I will have to make you get out of here with my men if you don't leave this instant."

With a huff, you give one last betrayed look at Zuko and storm off. Swinging your arms, you pout and feel your lips tremble. He's just a guy, you tell yourself. All your life people say guys aren't worth crying over.

But you pictured his face again, at how mad he looked.

He does like her. You realize, in horror. You knew that might be a possibility, but you thought he might like you. That's why he chose her side, and listened to her lies. He likes her, and doesn't like you.

"Ursa, I failed." You moaned under your breath, stepping on a twig. You continue into the forest, hearing a bug fly past your head. "Go hire Mai or something."

Just when you thought you were out of trouble, everything goes blank.