Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Messing with Heat ❯ Jet ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Messing with Heat Ch12: Jet

Your POV

"Duke, go get some water."

"Why?"

"I think she's got something in her eye."

"Jet never said to get-"

"Argh! Just go get it!"

"Okay!"

You heard distant voices arguing and you twitch your eye in your 'sleep'. Your legs start to move as you scramble to sit up, opening your eyes.

You see the Duke looking at you in horror, and Pipsqueak staring at you. You remember these two from that one episode from Avatar, when the gaang met Jet and the Freedom people, whatever they were called. You never really liked Jet, for he had wild hair and just looked.... Too wild for your tastes.

"Oh, you're awake!" The Duke announced in shock, and Pipsqueak left the room in a hurry. His loud footsteps rang in your ear, and you groaned. For some reason you had a major headache, and suddenly, the memories came back.

Zuko.

Mai.

Betrayed.

Confusion.
You had millions of thought going through your mind. You thought Zuko didn't betray, the big one, until the invasion of the earth nation. This was way earlier, so that couldn't be true. Something was missing here, and you suddenly realized you were with the freedom people.

Jet.

Oh great, you always hated that guy and his cheesy lies.

"She awakens," A voice announces, and you look up. Your mouth drops open, and you sway on the spot.

He. Was. Totally. Gorgeous.

In the show, he was dirty and almost smelly looking. Here, he looked...Decent. His hair was almost shining under the light, from the candle, and his skin looked even tanner. He looked even leaner here than in the show, and that same twig thing was latched between his two lips. He looked more manly standing before you, and you could've drooled.

Wow.

"You should've looked up before that branch fell on ya," He said, taking the twig out for a second. A smile was on his face as he looked you over, his eyes staring you down. You blush and look away, not really uncomfortable.

"Who are you?" You ask, trying to act innocent and clueless.

"The name's Jet, and these are two members of the freedom fighters." He told you, nodding at the Duke and Pipsqueak. They grinned back at you, blushing from the announcment. "We go against the fire nation."

"I'm not fire nation." You quickly say, just in case they thought you were.

Jet snorted, bending his head so he was really close to you. His brown eyes looked so much kinder and warmer up close, other than in the show. You could see your reflection in them, and you had a bandage over your forehead.

"I know. You were probably running from the idiots camping out west right now, right? I hear the Prince is with them." He said, saying the Prince in total distaste.

"Yeah, I heard that too." You muttered, getting lost in his eyes. They were dark, yet so....Mezmerizing.

"Well you're lucky, since if you were fire nation, we wouldn't be this nice." He smirked, and you knew he was playing around.

"Jet, how do we know she's not lying?" The Duke asked, and you instantly hated that person. (I don't remember if that's the girl, someone review or message and tell me please!)

"Yeah. She could just be saying that, look, she's avoiding your eye. That's a sign of lying." Pipsqueak said, angrily almost.

You shot him a pleading look.

"Hmmmm... How do we know you're not fire nation?" Jet asked, stepping back and looking thoughtful at you.

Air bending.

No, would it be safe? Has he met Aang yet? What should you do!!!

"Because I just know I'm telling the truth." You mutter, and someone tsked tsked.

"Oh, that's Longshot." Jet added, quickly.

You see the guy that always had the bow and arrow, and he was staring at you. He was silent as he walked in, stopping right in front of you. Your eyes widened, and you backed up a little. His face got closer and you almost thought he was going to kiss you, but he was simply staring at your eyes totally serious.

"She can airbend." Was all he said, and he was gone.

The room was silent, and you sighed. "He's right."

"What? You're the avatar?" Jet asked, in total shock.

You jump, swallowing heavily. "No! I'm not the avatar! Uh, I just found I was an airbender a day ago. I was blowing on a candle and it wouldn't-"

"Wait, so how can you airbend if the airbenders all went extinct?" Jet asked.

"That, I have no idea." You answered honestly, Ursa coming through her mind. What would she have done in this kind of situation?

"Show us."

"Huh?"

"Show us airbending." Jet persisted, motioning for you do so. "Come on, beautiful, let me see what ya got."

You blush at the compliment, feeling warm inside. No way would Zuko ever say there, and just the thought of him you feel your heart squeeze. That was going to be another problem, wondering how you would ever see Zuko again, but not when he's mad at you.

It just gets better and better.

"Okay." You sigh and flex your wrist, feeling around. For some odd reason, you could feel the air move around you. You never thought of it before, but now, you could feel so much of it.

Weird how you don't notice certain things, that are part of something great.

Such as bending.

You could feel the current gather between your fingers, and slid through. It was invisible to the naked eye, but you felt it. It was like water, but not wet and it felt different. It slipped past your fingers, and you trained your gaze to one of the candles at the top. Focusing your mind on it, you take a deep breath, and outstretch you arms and a sound erupts in your ears.

All this wind blew past your hands, blowing out the candle out instantly. The room became dimmer, and you grin from the power you feel. Jet was smirking at you with something unknown, that you've never seen from a guy before, and everyone else was gaping.

"How can it be?" The Duke wondered aloud, eyes wide like an innocent childs.

"I have no idea, but it's so cool." Pipsqueak said in wonder, smiling now.

Yeah, really cool.

THAT NIGHT

Turns out, they let you stay for awhile. That night, they were having a bonfire and you were sitting in the corner, staring out at the dark trees. For some reason you felt like something was missing of you, as you thought of what it was.

You wondered what Zuko was doing right now. Probably fretting over where the avatar was and stuff, boring. His Uncle, Iroh, was probably drinking tea and playing that board game. You couldn't help but grin at the thought of Iroh, and how he was so nice.

What if Zuko was kissing Mai right now?

You feel anger take you over just at the thought, and you bite your lower lip. How could he believe that evil girl, over you? You risked your own life just to save his, and what do you get? A slap in the face?

Whatever.

"Hey, can I show you something?" You look up to see Jet standing over you, staring down at you. He had a mischevious smile on his face, and he looked just like a boy.

"Sure." You give him a shy smile as he grabs your wrist and runs into the forest. You both jump over branches on the floor, and duck under the trees. Some bugs were bothering you, but you were too busy wondering where he was taking you.

"It's my favorite spot ever. I always came here as a kid, and now and then come now. I thought maybe I would show it to you." He told you, sounding tender. You swore you heard a fan girl scream in the distance.

"Thanks." You knew that was one of his cheesy lines, but it was so sweet you blush and your heart skips a beat.

"I would do anything for you." He glances behind his shoulder to flash you a wink, and you grin. Son enough he stops and sits on the ground, and you sit down besides him.

Why was he looking at you like that?

ZUKO POV

Sometimes I wonder why I go out with Mai. I always liked her, since she was the only sane one around my palace at home. But right now, after all her complaining, I was tired of it. I thought we could have a romantic night, but no, the bugs are too much for her and her hair is getting messed up.

Whatever.

I'm still a teenager too ya know.

"I think it's stupid and idiotic to live out here like this." She complained, rolling her dark eyes.

"I disagree. The people here knew all these trees would hide them well as they fight, which is a good battleground." I told her, wondering why she was here again.

She broke into my mind again, the girl I saw flying through the sky. She was so pretty, and so cool. But I couldn't belive she would hit one of my best friends, so I got mad and sent her away. I wouldn't doubt myself right now, so I just told myself it was for the best anyway.

Even if Mai was getting on my nerves.

"Sir, our henchmen caught sight of someone camping out in the woods. It may be the avatar and his companions." One of my men told me, and I was already up, shouting orders.

"Come on men!" I shout, then stop. I have a better idea. It was late at night, and the group was probably already asleep. Maybe I could sneak in their campsite by myself, and snatch the avatar in my hands. Good idea, Zuko!

"Nevermind. I'm going alone." I said, shaking my head. I grabbed my swords and jumped off the boat, landing on some land. I ran swiftly and silently into the woods, searching for some light. I saw a prickle of light in the distance, and followed it.

Suddenly, some noises stopped me.

YOUR POV

"Stop," You choke out, in terror. Jet had you against the tree, and he was kissing you forcefully. Your whole body was still, in total horror, and you tried your best to move away.

Fat chance.

"You're too beautiful for me to give up." He murmured, sucking deeply on your neck. "Maybe after this, we can get married."

"What?" You shriek, and he shuts you up with a kiss. His legs were pushing in between yours, and you were just about to get out of control.

"Be quiet, gorgeous. Just stay calm; I won't hurt you. It'll just be for a moment, I promise." He told you gently, moving down.

Oh, no way was he going to do this.

"Get off of me!" You shout, breaking away for a minute. "HELP!!!" You shout with all your might, just as Jet silences you with his hand. He looks around in fear, before glaring down at you.

"Shut up," He hisses, eyes wide in craziness. "Do you want to get caught?"

You nod tensly, seeing him smirk now.

"Look, nobody is around, you're going to get married to me, and we'll be together forever. End of story, for noeone will save you right now." He snaps at you, cupping your cheek. "And you don't need to be afraid of me right now, for I'm your future husband."

Please stop this! A tear breaks through your eye as you start getting dizzy, and you feel as if you're about to pass out or something. It looks like there are two Jets now, as he's back to kissing you roughly. His hands are everywhere, and all you see is his eyes staring into yours, as you imagine this to be your worst nightmare.

"Get off of her!" You hear a voice roar, just before you pass out.