Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Subs Divide ❯ Jet's Date ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jet's Date
 
 
Katara woke up again with everyone looking over her, except for Aang this time and Sokka of course was in the woods again.
“I need my space, guys, geez.” She said scratching her head.
“Sorry.” They all said. Zuko was more quiet than usual. Katara noticed but didn't really care. She was excited about her date with Jet, she practically obsessed over him so I guess she likes him!
After they walked and talked for about an hour also, they sat but the river where Katara had taken a bath the day before.
“So you kissed Zuko?” Jet asked, Katara could tell he wanted to ask this all day.
“What? Who said that?” Katara asked.
“It's all Zuko's talking about, `You all haven't a chance with Katara! She kissed me yesterday! And almost two more times after that if I didn't have to save her from those branches that kept falling from the tree.'” Katara laughed as Jet imitated Zuko.
“Well…it wasn't Fire Nation or anything like that…plus I was kid of forced into it.” Katara said. Oh, by the way, Fire Nation kiss means French kissing in Avatar world hahah.
“But you did?” Jet asked.
“I guess….yea sort of.” Katara said blushing.
“Then would you kiss me?” Jet asked with pleading eyes. Katara froze again.
“I…Jet, we barley…I mean all those people…” Katara started but Jet has already kissed her. At first she tried to move away but she relaxed after 5 seconds. Jet tried a fire nation kiss but Katara broke off. She stared at Jet for a second. (not for a second kiss for a second as in time…geez you people are sick) Jet smiled at her. Jet closed his eyes and leaned in again, Katara stared at his lips for a second and slowly and hesitatingly leaned in also. Just then a huge wave of water pushed them apart before the second kiss could take place. Katara's clothes all got wet. Jet stood up and looked at the river which calmed down again and were peaceful.
“Did you do that?!” Jet asked, almost yelling.
“NO. I didn't, my water bending is good…as you know from experience, but that was a huge wave, I couldn't do that. Not yet at least.” Katara said standing up. Their date was over. Everyone from the campsite was yelling that wherever they were they were doing over time. They headed back. Katara blushing the whole way, she REALLY would've liked this even more if Jet hadn't turned out to be a “monster” but she still enjoyed it. Jet smiled an evil mocking smile at everyone else when he got back to the campsite. Katara was shivering so she changed her clothes.
“You know Katara, you don't have to kiss EVERYSINGLE one of them.” Aang whispered to Katara during dinner. Katara looked at Aang.
“I didn't.” Katara said…she lied to Aang, her best friend.
“That's not what I heard.” Aang's eyes started welling up and everyone at the table looked at him. Katara looked worried at him.
“You liar.” Aang yelled as he got up. He RAN YET AGAIN into the forest. Katara almost started to cry but then she knew all the other guys would try to ummm, “comfort her” so she tried really hard. Everyone stared at Katara.
“Okay, from now on, we keep what happens on the dates to ourselves!” Katara said getting up and going into the tent. Katara could get over how guilty she felt. She kissed two guys in two nights and managed to lie to her best friend, some one she couldn't imagine living without. Tomorrow, it was Haru's turn, Katara kind of liked him too.