Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Subs Divide ❯ Zuko's Date ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zuko's Date
 
 
Katara slowly opened her eyes, she got like an hour of sleep. When she woke up all the guys in the tent, including Aang and excluding Sokka (b/c that would be weird) were all staring at her. She jumped up and Haru pulled her down.
“Calm down, Katara. We're not going to kill you!” Haru said placing his hand on her shoulder which relaxed her a bit. Aang pushed it off and did what he wanted to do. He hugged Katara. Katara smiled and hugged him back. Haru, Jet, and Zuko glared at Aang who grinned at them all.
“Get ready for a date.” Zuko said smiling. Katara noticed he was quite handsome. If he didn't have the scar and he didn't have a pony tail then he'd look even better. Then she punished hated herself for thinking that about him and she walked outside.
“Okay I'm going to take a bath or something, I think I saw a river on the way up here.” Katrara said. All the guys expressions changed. She looked at them for a moment then turned to leave. She heard all their mouths open to say something so she spun around, “NO!” She yelled at them, their pride was broken so they just sulked around the tent waiting for her to come back.
Her hair was damp when she came back and she looked even prettier according to all the guys. She blushed and looked at Aang who was ignoring her now.
“Aang, are you okay?” Katara asked Aang who didn't look at her.
“Yea, I'm fine.” He moved away and followed Sokka's footsteps into the forest. Katara's eyes dropped and got sad and lonely when she watched Aang leave. Zuko stood side by side to Katara without her knowing.
“He hates me…” She whispered to herself.
“No he doesn't, he just feels his best friend is being taken away…he doesn't feel that way about you, it would be too weird don't you think?” Zuko said. Katara looked up at first scared because…I mean, ZUKO. And then she went through what he said, shrugged, and agreed. Zuko put his arm around Katara who tensed up and then walked with her into the forest.
After walking and talking for about an hour they sat down under a huge tree. Zuko stared at Katara for a while. Katara started feeling uncomfortable. She did the only thing she could think of, she stared back. He didn't blink which was sort of weird so Zuko's eyes looked her up and down. Katara pretended to ignore the fact he was staring at her…
“So, Katara…” He said unsure of what to say.
“So, Zuko…” She said back.
“have you ever kissed before?” Zuko asked. Katara froze, started to laugh and then noted the seriousness in his voice.
“I ummm….well you see I guess…….ermm….I….well……not…..not exactly…..” Katara said starting to freak out, AGAIN. Zuko smiled and placed his hand on her shoulder. Then he moved his hand up behind her head and sort of forced her head to come to him, he puckered up (hahaha) and started leaning in. She pushed against the force of his hand but couldn't.
“There's a first time for everything…” Zuko whispered as their lips touched. Just then a tree branch fell from the tree that they were sitting under. Zuko quickly looked up, Katara screamed. Zuko grabbed Katara and they jumped out of the way. Zuko fell right on top of her, he meant to do this. Katara then noticed that she kissed Zuko….ew. Zuko smiled at her. He leaned in again but another branch fell. So they moved again, this time they were both on their backs side by side.
“Ow…” Katara said. The wind got knocked out of her.
“Are you okay?” Zuko said sitting up.
“Yea. You?” Katara asked.
“As long as you are.” Zuko said smiling again. He had that look in his eyes, before he is about to lean in. Katara, thinking fast said, “I think the date is over…you?” Katara asked.
“Umm maybe…but it doesn't have to be…” Zuko tried but he screwed up.
“Sorry, it wouldn't be fair to the other guys.” Katara said relieved. Zuko was pissed when they returned. Aang just glared at Katara. Katara looked at Aang with a, “I'm sorry Aang, whatever I did to you I'm sorry…” look in her eyes. Aang ignored it and walked off.
“So how'd it go?” Sokka asked.
“….okay I guess.” Katara didn't want to say anything.
“You guys didn't kiss?” Sokka asked. Katara looked up.
“Ew NO!” Katara pushed Sokka who glared at Katara, he set up his sleeping bag. And they all went to sleep, Jet eager for tomorrow, it was his date tomorrow.