Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Subs Divide ❯ The Tournament ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tournament
 
 
“Aang!” Katara yelled after Aang who had disappeared. Katara glared at Jet who had said the awful thing.
“What?” Jet shrugged. Katara was turning all red now, Sokka was staring at Katara.
“I don't think she's pretty!” Sokka said.
“Hmmm, maybe because you're her brother!!!” Haru said.
“Can you all just shut up?” Katara yelled, she was so confused.
Okay…Jet, Haru, and…Aang? I what the hell am I supposed to do now?Heh…I must be good looking ;) , thought Katara.
“Water bender!” Katara turned around. She and Sokka gasped. It was Prince Zuko.
“ZUKO!” Sokka said.
“SOKKA!” Zuko said in a mocking kind of way. “You know people actually think we like each other!” Zuko said to Sokka.
“WHAT?!” Sokka said, “Just because my hair is sort of…” Sokka started but Katara took over, “In a pony tail?” Katara started laughing.
“IT IS NOT A PONY TAIL! It's a warrior hair cut!” Sokka yelled at Katara.
“YOU ALSO WORE THAT DRESS ON KYOSHI ISLAND!” Everyone turned towards the forest where Aangs voice called out to them and reminded Sokka of his embarrassing…experience. Katara giggled. Haru laughed too when he saw Sokka's expression.
“Yes…anyway, now that I know way too much than I wanted to know…Waterbender, the ship is in harbor, come with me.” Katara looked up and stopped giggling.
“What? Don't you want Aang? And my NAME IS KATARA.” Katara said confused…again.
“No, I want you. Katara…the name is as pretty as your face.” Zuko got off his rhino and stopped when Sokka took out his boomerang. Katara blushed. Haru and Jet blushed.
“Hells NO.” Jet and Haru and the distant voice of Aang from the forest came.
“Oh, I didn't know you had so many suitors.” Zuko said. “This should be to hard.” Zuko said taking off his shirt and stretching his arms. At first Haru was confused then he took his shirt of too and put his hands up ready to earth bend. Jet calmly took out his weapons and they all made a triangular shape. Katara was stunned.
“WOAH! Wait, what is going on?!” Sokka said gaping at all these guys getting ready to tear each other apart.
“Isn't it obvious Sokka? They're fighting over me!” Katara said, she got sort of starry eyed after that. Sokka glared at Katara for a moment.
“Okay whoever wins gets Katara.” Zuko said.
“WHAT?! My sister is not a trophy!” Sokka yelled at the men. Katara gave out a little smile towards Sokka who all of a sudden covered it up with a, “She's ummm a prize!” Katara glared at Sokka again. Aang was at the edge of the woods watching. The truth is, Katara didn't like any of them that much, Aang was a best friend, Jet was untruthful, Haru…well she sort of liked Haru, Zuko was a fire bender who is pure evil in her eyes. Katara thought more about Aang, she wanted to hug him, she missed him when he was gone.
“Ready boys?” Jets said smiling at them both. Katara finally woke from her thoughts.
“WAIT! No fighting, this is ridiculous. How `bout I just spend time with you each. Then I pick in the end.” Katara then looked at all of them then realized she just said that she'd pick one of them in the end, no one else, she just limited herself to these 3… “FOUR!” Sorry Aang…to these 4 men...Aang was 16 so he's basically a man…sort of.
“Okay, spend time with me first.” Zuko said putting his shirt back on, “You won't be disappointed.” He winked and took his sleeping bag (he figured this would happen) off his rhino and set it up in the tent, so did Haru and Jet. The tent was getting cramped. Sokka volunteered to sleep outside, all the other guys suddenly agreed. Katara got nervous and almost volunteered the same thing when Zuko said, “Don't worry Katara, my fire will keep you warm!” Zuko said. Katara was sort of forced to sleep in the middle of 4 men. She freaked out and got no sleep at all. The next day was her date with Zuko.