Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Subs Divide ❯ Tears and Surprises ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Secret revealed?
 
It was morning, Aang was first to wake up, he looked over at the other side of the tent. Katara was still sleeping. He noticed how peaceful she looked. A lock of her hair strung down over her face.
“Stop looking.” Sokka groaned from his sleeping bag on the other side of the tent. His face was sideways lying down and his eyes were closed but he could tell Aang was looking.
“Hmmph!” Aang got up and walked out of the tent. Sokka followed.
“Sorry, I just don't like YOU with my sister.” Sokka said.
“Why not?” Aang asked looking at the tent as if he had x-ray vision and could see Katara there sleeping.
“You're too young, Katara needs a man.” At first Aang was shocked because he thought Sokka had said it but when he looked at Sokka, Sokka was also surprised and was looking around. Jet jumped down from the trees with his weapons drawn. He glared at Sokka who glared back. Katara who heard what Jet has said, poked her head out of the tent and stared. Jet was still handsome, handsome as ever and Katara's cheeks burned but she hated him at the same time, she couldn't forget all the innocent people he tried to harm.
“Katara! I've changed, I know what I did was wrong and I'm sorry. Please forgive me.” Jet stared at her. “Prettier every time I see you.” He said. Katara blushed. Aang saw her blush and started getting angry but didn't move.
“Well! What a surprise! JET! The killer of innocent people!” Sokka took out his boomerang and glared at Jet who was still eye-locked with Katara.
“I've changed Sokka, I told you that.” Jet said pulling his eyes away from Katara. Katara snapped out of it and got out of the tent and stood by Aang. Close.
“No you told her that and I'm sure she doesn't believe you,” He turned to Katara to make sure she wasn't going to say anything stupid then turned back to Jet, “Okay, now to you want to leave in Peace? Or in pieces?” Sokka asked.
“Peace, but I will not leave until she is with me.” Jet pointed to Katara. Katara was silent, it was embarrassing for her, her brother and her best friend who happens to be a guy is standing right next to her.
“I'm not going with you, Jet. You tried to-kill….all those people.” Katara felt herself getting angry again at Jet.
“Katara that was so long ago!” Jet said as he took a step closer, “I even helped rebuild that town!”
“She's not going anywhere.” Aang said, Sokka and Katara stared at Aang who was glaring at Jet and had taken his stick out….the stick with the kite on it.
“Okay, then I'll stay here!” Jet said leaning against a tree. Sokka, Aang, and Katara loosened, he was very persuasive and manipulative but they tried not to…listen……after 2 hours of talking they had agreed to give him a chance.
 
 
 
The Next Day
 
“Hey Aang?” Katara asked. She was seeing if he was awake yet.
“Yea Katara?” Aang asked. He was already awake.
“Are you okay with this? I mean, are we doing the right thing?” Katara sat up in her sleeping back.
“No.” Aang said angrily recalling the events before. Before she could say anything he was out of the tent and stretching in the morning air, it was about 6:30 am. Katara put her head on top of her knees and rested there for a minute. Then she got up and followed him outside.
“We shouldn't trust him?” Katara asked.
“We should,” Aang knew Jet had actually changed but he still wasn't okay with it, “But I don't.” Aang said not looking at Katara even though he would really like to.
“Why not?” Katara asked.
“Because he wants to take something of mine.” With that Aang walked away into the forest. Katara was dumfounded as she stood there. She thought about what he said. Over and over again in her mind. Did he mean what she thought he meant? Or was she imagining it?
 
“KATARA!” Katara first thought Aang had come back but then realized the voice was different and came from the opposite place where Aang had come from. Sokka, somewhere in the woods thought it was Jet calling after Katara who could be in trouble so he ran back. Jet came out of the tent and looked at the new comer.
Katara at first didn't recognize the long haired boy who was also quite handsome.
“Haru?” Katara couldn't believe it! “HARU!” She yelled happily as she ran over to him. She hugged him and took his back pack off his…back….and brought it to just outside the tent.
“Katara? Honey, who is this?” Jet asked, Katara knew what Jet was doing.
“Honey?” Haru asked, he looked at Katara.
“Oh…this is Jet, my FRIEND. Sort of…well anyway, how have you been Haru?” Katara glared at Jet who shrugged. Haru gave a sigh of relief.
“I've been horrible. My heart's been aching , my head has been in space…I'm going crazy.” Haru said staring at Katara. Katara stared back at Haru utterly confused. Jet rolled his eyes, “Is that the BEST you can do Earth Bender boy?” Jet asked. Haru glared at Jet.
“What wrong with you? Are you sick?” Katara asked feeling his forehead. Aang was watching from the edge of the forest with Sokka. Haru took her hand off his forehead and held it in his staring into her eyes. She blushed.
“I'm going crazy over you.” Haru said, Jet mouthed the words he had used that line many times and it never fails. Haru leaned in for a kiss. Katara didn't know what to do. Sokka was pissed off, NO, REALLY PISSED OFF, Not as mad at Aang who literally had steam coming out of his ears. Jet glared at Haru and pulled out his weapon. Katara was still staring at his lips and sort of panicking she just stood there. Jet stood infront of Katara and put his weapon up to Haru's lips who quickly jerked back and held his lips.
“Ow, that's cold!” He said. Sokka and Aang walked up side to side with Katara who was sort of dazed.
“Okay, Katara, HOW MANY guys have you charmed?” Sokka asked Katara who was so totally confused at this point it was pathetic to even say anything.
“Okay, you're BOTH leaving.” Aang said angrily.
“Slow down little boy with arrow on his head! You wouldn't want us to leave because you like Katara too? You want her all to yourself? You think she's yours? Well SORRY but you have no claim on her. Plus…look at you, you're a bald little kid…what makes you think Katara would be interested in you?! Because you're the avatar?” Jet said almost laughing. Aang had tears welling up in his eyes.
“You're not a man, you can't give her what she wants! Your 16! She needs someone like me!”
With that Aang ran off into the woods.