Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Subs Divide ❯ The New Flame ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Curiosity and Realizations
 
 
“Hey guys!” Katara said coming up the hill with a bundle of sticks in her hands, she placed them by the tent and walked over to where they were standing.
“Hi Katara!” Aang said, his voice was different because he was thinking. Sokka didn't say anything he just grunted and glared at Aang.
“Okay….what happened?” Katara asked noticing Sokka's grunt.
“NOTHING.” Aang said before Sokka could say anything.
“Not like I was going to say anything!” Sokka yelled at Aang. They glared at each other and walked off leaving Katara standing there.
 
 
(Haru's village)
 
Haru was looking up at the mountains.
She's up there somewhere. He thought to himself wanting to desperately run up and kiss and hug and talk to her. He decided he would, he packed his supplies, left a note on the door and started his hike. He couldn't stop being so excited! He quickly climbed the first part of the mountain and hummed all the while. Making his way towards where he believed Katara would be.
 
(Jet's “tree house”)
 
Jet grunted. He was angry, “How could she?!” Was all he could say since that day. He thought he was just using her but he realized he actually liked her. HE ACTUALLY LIKED HER. He needed her back and he would do just that.
“Pipsqueak! Get my weapons and pack my things, I'm going on a little hike.”
 
(Zuko's Ship)
 
Zuko was already in harbor, he was being dragged all over the stores by his Uncle Iroh.
“How can no store on this huge Island have any Gin-sung Tea?” Iroh complained on the way to the boat. Zuko saind nothing.
“Prince Zuko, is something bothering you?” Iroh asked as he looked at his nephew.
“No…yes…how can that girl stand it? I threatened her, I looked in her beautiful eyes, and told her to tell me where the avatar was and she didn't tell me…I could've killed her, right there and I should've…but I couldn't…I didn't and the avatar is out there now.” Zuko, totally not realizing he said beautiful eyes and admitting how he should've but didn't kill her.
“Prince Zuko, I'm starting to question the reason we are on this island, you did not want me to buy gin-sung tea?” Iroh said.
“What? Of course that wasn't IT, I need to find the Avatar…that huge flying bull or whatever it is of is was seen flying up there!” Zuko yelled.
“Are you sure it is the Avatar you are chasing?” Iroh asked. Zuko thought for a second and glared at his Uncle.
“Uncle, what do you mean? Of course I'm chasing the Avatar.” Zuko said curious as to what his Uncle was talking about.
“Are you not chasing the young water bender?” Iroh asked while walking away to leave Zuko to his thoughts.
“The…girl? The waterbender? You think…I…well…maybe I guess….” Zuko turned around but his Uncle had already gone into his chambers. Zuko looked out to sea again. A new flame was in his eye.
“Guard, get me my sword and helmet...I'm taking a little trip. Get the rhino ready.” Zuko smiled to himself…did he find his Queen?