Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Subs Divide ❯ The Decision ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Decision
 
 
Two days later, Katara wakes up. Her head hurts and she is utterly confused.
Wait…who am I? Oh wait, I'm Katara right…ow my head…what happened? She thought. Aang came in, no happiness in his eyes when he finds her awake, a spark of something new in his eyes, but that's all that's left of Aang's personality.
“Aang?...What happened?” Katara said rubbing her head and sitting up.
“You were hit.” He said blankly. He walked out of the tent. Katara was totally dead inside, Aang had totally changed, he hated her, its all her fault. She followed after him.
“Aang please!” Katara grabbed his shoulder. All the guys turned around and watched.
“What Katara?!” Aang asked…yelled at Katara.
“What's up with you?! Tell me I need to know.” Katara said.
“Nothing, you wouldn't understand.” Aang said turning around again. Katara turned him around again.
“Aang, I would understand, I'm your best friend.” Katara said with a pleading sound in her voice. Aang stared at her eyes, which she had gotten used to since everyone had been doing it to her.
“You're not my best friend.” Aang said coldly. He walked away with hurt in his stomach and mind, he just hurt Katara, he HURT her, he wanted to destroy himself….how could he do that to someone he loved? Katara stared after Aang and fell to her knees. She put her face in her hands and started to cry. Aang threw his stick thingy in the air and jumped on it, it became a kite and he flew off. Katara just cried and cried and cried and cried etc. She's never felt so hurt and small before. Here she was, all these guys loving her, telling her how beautiful she was but it didn't matter because she wasn't being told this to the person that she cared about the most. The person she loved the most. But he changed, he wasn't Aang, he was a cold hearted, hurt, heart broken, man she felt like she didn't know anymore. This started off with him being all cute not knowing he felt love, and it is starting to end with him saying how Katara is not his friend, and how he is not inlove, even though now was the moment he wanted to be with her the most.
Katara walked over to where all the other guys were sitting and eating breakfast. No one said anything, they just stared.
“Katara…you know he didn't mean it.” Sokka started. Katara looked at him.
“Yes he did.” Katara said.
“He just probably feels a little guilty.” Sokka shrugged. Katara looked up at Sokka.
“What? Guilty about what?” Katara asked. Sokka's eyes widened, he had said too much. He practically choked on his breakfast. “GUILTY ABOUT WHAT?!” Katara demanded.
“Well, you know how me and Aang have been gone in the morning…while you were on your dates?” Sokka started slowly, the whole campsite was listening intently.
“Yea…continue.” Katara said.
“Well, me and Aang have been telling all of your ummmm “suitors” different places you like to go.” Jet, Zuko, and Haru all gasped and glared angrily at Sokka. They were about to jump at him but wanted him to finish. “Well…we had plans for them. Aang insisted that he could use his bending skills…he burnt the branches off the tree you and Zuko were under, He splashed you with that huge wave when you and Jet were down by the river, and he…he was the one who sent the boulders down…” Sokka finished. Katara stared at Sokka. She opened up her little canteen attached to her…whatever she wears, and splashed Sokka off the log he was sitting on.
“YOU TOLD HIM TO THROW BOULDERS AT ME? TO PRACTICALLY DROWN ME? TO WHACK THE CRAP OUT OF ME WITH A BRANCH?!” Katara yelled.
“NO! We were planning on doing these things to them,” Sokka pointed to Zuko, Jet, and Haru, “We didn't want to hurt you…that's how we got down so quick when the boulder hit you. We felt terrible about it. Plus…through his love for you he learned all the other elements…” Sokka said putting his hands up in front of his face to guard himself from anymore attacks from Katara. Katara didn't attack she just walked backwards.
“Aang…and you…almost killed me?” Katara stopped at the edge of the cliff. She looked down and a tear fell from her eye. It fell off the cliff.
“We didn't mean to Katara!...What are you doing?” Sokka noticed how close Katara was getting to the edge. Katara continued to cry.
“How could you? You're my brother? He is my…was my…best friend…” Katara looked at all the men who were now on their feet ready to jump and save the day if Katara did anything stupid. Katara took one more step backwards and fell. Sokka yelled, “NOOOO! KATARA!” All the men jumped but bumped into each other so were still 6 feet away from the cliff Katara had jumped off. (Hey…cheer up, we still have 1 chapter left…actually 2 more since of an alternate ending)