Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ I Do ❯ ... so where do we begin? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wanna be much more like you
The way your smile lights up the room
 
At lunch Sakaki looked over at Chiyo, not realizing for a moment that Kaorin was rapidly chatting at her. She smiled. `She seems much better now… I really hope this person loves her too. I couldn't imagine who wouldn't love her.' Her smiled radiated, out shining the glorified star in the sky that was the sun. Sakaki sighed. `I wish I had been as cute as she is when I was her age. I wish I was that cute even now. Her smile is so catchy… once you see it you smile too.'
 
“M-Miss Sakaki?”
 
`Oops! I forgot, Kaorin had been talking hadn't she?' Sakaki replied simply, “Hm?”

Kaorin began hyperventilating, blushing, sweating, panting, sputtering, shivering, the works. “W-Would y-you l-l-like t-to… m-maybe… th-that is, uhm…” Chiyo's pigtails bobbed as she turned to hear what it was the crooked-haired girl had to say. “SAKAKI WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO OUT SOME TIME!? ONEGAI!?”

I'll kick back as men flirt with you
To jealousy I'll stay immune
 
Chiyo bit her lip, eyes a little pained again. `I'm not jealous… I'm not jealous… no I'm not, not… NOT jealous!!!' she mentally cried. Yomi noticed this. “Hm? Chiyo-chan, is everything alright?” The Numbnuts stopped their discussion on where sporks came from to look at the events too. Kagura snorted, “Kaorin finally asked Sakaki out, huh?” Tomo rolled her eyes. “Ho' kehwz?! (Who cares)” she exclaimed with her mouth full. Osaka smiled suspiciously (meaning she was about to say something very her). “Ah,” she began, “so Miss Kaorin's a swinger?” Kagura scoffed and turned back to her chicken teriyaki with rice. “I feel bad for her if she says yes. Kaorin's so dependable and she doesn't like it when I'm around Sakaki. We couldn't compete anymore if they actually made it official!” She exclaimed.

This confidence in me and you
 
Sakaki and Chiyo made eye contact as Kaorin fussed as if having a mental conversation. Chiyo's eyes seemed to beg. Sakaki's seemed to have a quiet understanding. Yomi noticed the looks they gave each other and sighed, drinking her protein shake. So much for Sakaki… Tomo glomped onto her friend and began blabbering many things the brunette's mind could not translate.

This hope that you and I will bloom
 
Sakaki finally turned back to a heart-attacked Kaorin and replied and calmly and coolly as possible. “I'm sorry, Kaorin. I don't think that's going to be possible.” Chiyo's eyes widened in shock and Kaorin froze her mind in the Twilight Zone this whole thing had to be. Sakaki stood and brushed past her fangirl, petting Chiyo on the head as she left. Chiyo giggled, blushing furiously but couldn't help but notice Kaorin and Yomi's heartbroken eyes. She pitied them and a little bit herself but knew of Tomo's secret reasons for tagging after Yomi all their lives. Kaorin was on her own. She smiled watching the already official couple of Kagura and Osaka. Kagura was trying to get something through to Osaka and ended up shoving a curry role into the lovely, loony girl's mouth, the finely-accented cutie bursting out crying at the spiciness causing Kagura to panic and apologize, kissing the girl to make it better, looking utterly ashamed. Chiyo giggled. They were even cuter than Kurosawa and Tanizaki-sensei.
 
If she and Sakaki ever did get together… they'd be even better.
 
For now though she's explain the rules to Tomo and Yomi. With some help form the pros of course.

I wanna fall in love with you
I wanna say I do
I wanna say I do
I wanna say I do
I wanna say I do
I wanna say I do