Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Tomo's Wish ❯ Act 10 A Tear can Tell Part 1 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tomo's Wish-Act 10 A Tear can Tell Part 1
by
triviatrap1982
I do not own Azumanga Daioh. It is owned by Kiyohiko Azuma.

The weekend had slowly left. Tomo woke up. She gathered her homework. She left her MP3 player at home. She didn't exactly want to be bothered. She packed her lunch box quickly. She also took extra cash. She decided she was going to get to school early. She really didn't want to face her friends, after all...did Yomi tell everybody what happened? She prayed not. She didn't fell betrayed...she was right back to feeling abandoned. The argument on Saturday morning was weighing on her mind. Sat down on the stoop to put her shoes on. Her dad came back early from his trip from Kyoto. He heard exactly what went on...he missed her on the afternoon she came back. She was not in the mood to joke, or eat.

"Hey," he said softly, "what happened on Saturday?"

"A very bad thing," Tomo answered.

"Your mom was walking around the issue," he said seriously.

"To the point...I accepted that damned invite to go to Yomi's place."

"What happened?" he asked again.

"You see...it started before...and I warned Yomi about my sleeping patterns," she answered bluntly.

"Okay, this is way too serious," he said. "what happened between bedtime, and wake-up"

"I spooned her," she answered honestly.

"I see," he said. "She got pissed despite your warnings?"

"It went down hill from there," she continued. "After breakfast...maybe about an hour...we had an argument."

"Were there words exchanged?"

"Yes...and it...ended with me on the receiving end of her slap..." she finished, trying to keep her composure.

"From there, is when you came home early," he finished.

"Yeah," she said, "it is."

"You have to keep things on the level," he said. "I don't know how things will turn out...but I pray it's for the best."

Tomo nodded. She slowly stood up. Her father helped her up. He gave her a pizza pocket he warned up. He told her if she's going to skip breakfast, she needs to eat something. She nodded, in agreement. Once she left...she ate the pizza pocket. she tossed the carton in the public trash carefully. Then, she arrived early at the school. It also was a surprise for Yukari who decided she just was going to walk. She had tried to call Nyamo for a ride over the weekend...but they fell through. She got sloshed big time.

"Tomo, what are you doing here this morning?" Yukari asked.

"I had to think about things," she returned clutching her bag.

"It looks like you had a rough weekend," she noted, "I haven't seen you out, and Chiyo's worried about you."

"She is?" Tomo asked.

"Yeah, I can tell something bad happened," she answered. "I don't know what it is...but I'm pretty certain it involved Yomi."

"It did," she answered. She was very embarrassed that Yukari figured out the basics.

"Listen...the best thing you can do is let it play out," Yukari said in a soft tone. "You have your friends who can back you up."

"I hope things do play out..." Tomo said. "If I don't have my head in the class, just send me away..."

Yukari figured out that Tomo's heart was hurting. It felt like somebody just took a sledge hammer to it...and broke it to a billion pieces. She let Tomo on the grounds as soon as the janitor unlocked the gates. Tomo followed Yukari into the classroom. While she was the class' vice-rep...she wasn't feeling up to doing anything. In fact, she wanted to back slide into her old ways...that is as the annoying jackass wildcatter. She first dropped to the shoebox to change, then she went to her class. Tomo was very heartbroken over how things happened. This wasn't supposed to happen! She thought that it was going to be like those late-night cable shows. She thought it was going to be that dirty. Instead, it turned out like an episode of that American Soap she saw last Christmas. She didn't realize Kaorin came in early...she was in a daze.

"Hey mission control, to space cadet Takino!" Kaorin said, loudly snapping her fingers.

"Huh? Oh, Kaorin...you're here early," Tomo observed quietly.

"So are you...I already figured out what happened," she noted.

"Why didn't you...?" Tomo started.

"In a situation...time is needed so it won't be awkward," she answered. "Trust me...it was worth it."

"Though...I needed somebody other than my family to talk to then," Tomo said.

"Takino, you're going to have to let go of what happen and move on," Kaorin warned.

"I don't know exactly how to do it!" Tomo snapped.

"Calm down," she urged, "even if you have to skip Kimura's class to take a cry...just do it!"

"That...sounds like a good idea," Tomo remarked.

"I know you love her...just take things carefully."

"What about you?" Tomo asked.

"Honestly...on Sakaki...I only admire her," she started. "If I were to fall in love with her, it'd be pretty damned special."

"Would you feel the same...?"

"Everybody is different," Kaorin admitted. "Eventually, I do want to start a family after I'm settled."

"Thank you," Tomo said, "I've not said that enough to you."

"You're welcome," Kaorin said. "I'll talk to the others, and warn them to just..."

"I think you're right," Tomo interrupted, "I have to figure this out myself."

"Don't forget you have back-up if you need it," Kaorin said taking her seat besides Tomo. "After all, like Miss Sakaki...I've got your back too."

Later in the day...Tomo felt very out-of-place. She has taken her notes, and tired to move on. It just was becoming too hard for her. When English class came up, it became too much to handle. Tomo just stood up and flipped the desk violently. She then ran out to the roof. This surprised everybody in that instant. Yukari wasn't happy about how things happened. She had tried to send her out...but she was insistent. She also knew she couldn't punish Tomo.

"W-what was that?" Yomi asked, shocked.

"I...I don't know," Chihiro answered.

"Alright, calm down class," Yukari ordered. "She'll be back on her own time."

"Ma'am...should we clean up that area?" Kagura asked.

"Yes," Yukari said bluntly, "I'll need some help."

"Hey what happened here?" Nyamo came running in.

"Tomo snapped," Kagura said honestly.

"What the hell happened this weekend?" Nyamo wondered out loud.

"I don't know...but find her and make sure she's alright," Yukari ordered.

Tomo was on the rooftop, in somewhat cold temperatures. She was crying very hard. She just wanted to curl up there and die. Her emotions got the best of her at the worst possible time. She couldn't even explain away even the circumstances. She knows she'll be yelled at by the principal, and by Yukari. She felt alone at that point. She let a tear run down her face, when Nyamo came up. She had some tissues.

"Tomo...what's the matter?" Nyamo asked, approaching softly.

"I just need to be alone," Tomo warned.

"Here...if you're going to be up here to catch a death," Nyamo said handing over the tissues.

"I feel like...less than dog shit to be honest with you," she said...with a still quiver in her voice.

"Tell me..." Nyamo said softly, "did anything happen to you over the weekend?"

"Yes," she answered, "it was very bad."

"I'll leave it at that," Nyamo said. "You get back to class...Yukari's waiting for you."

"Yes ma'am...may I stay a bit?"

"Alright...you're sitting out PE today," she then said.

She understood. She blew her nose, after all the crying happened. She went down, and faced the Principal. He was ready to tear into her...but was urged not to, by Yukari. He simply warned her that anymore outbursts, and she's sent home for the day. Tomo bowed. She went in and apologized to the class for interrupting her. She found all of her homework and notes on her desk still. Her lunchbox was in her coat cupboard. She waited for lunch to come...she just wanted to run away to a very secluded spot of the school. When lunchtime came, word spread about her outburst. Many wondering if Tomo really mended her ways. However...she had one back-up in the prodigy in her class.

"HEY! THAT'S NOT VERY NICE!" Chiyo snapped.

"Yeah! If you got something to say then say it to her face!" Kagura hissed.

"What's going on here?" Yukari asked annoyed.

"N-nothing ma'am," a kid said, "just a simple misunderstanding."

Yukari was in no mood. The two idiots ran off, and bumped into the Principal. He tore into them like it was no tomorrow. The two felt worse than Tomo. She only flipped a desk, and disrupted class! Chiyo saw Tomo. She tried to play off what happened...but she knew better. Mihama saw the tracks of her tears on her face. She decided she was going to talk with her later. Hopefully at a time at her choosing. However...she had no idea that the time was going to be separated only by less than 30 hours.