Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Tomo's Wish ❯ Act 9 A Weekend at Koyomi's Part 2 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tomo's Wish-Act 9 A Weekend at Koyomi's Part 2
by
triviatrap1982
I do not own Azumanga Daioh. It is owned by Kiyohiko Azuma.

She climbed in. it was quite...tentative. In fact, Tomo wished she had an extra pillow and blanket. That would have been a lot safer. Still, she reluctantly took the offer. The night was going well. Until...her dreams just took the best of her. It was the same dream. As it turned out...Yomi had the same kind of dream. She wasn't going to be open to admitting that to anybody at anytime soon. Yomi, unlike Tomo, did not realize exactly what was going to happen the next morning. Her parents wouldn't know exactly what would happen that morning either. She didn't realize that she was taking Yomi very close. She was in her sleep, and had her hand wander. Yomi giggled since that was a soft spot she tickled. The very next morning, they woke up. They realized what happened...and they quickly backed off. Tomo found her right middle finger was a little bit...moist.

"What...just happened?" Tomo asked.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Yomi answered...a little bit miffed.

"Remember when I asked a couple of days ago for a Futon?" Tomo asked.

"Yeah...I didn't think we'd play spoons..."

"I am going to keep quiet on that."

Tomo knew there was no way she would win any argument. Yomi tried her hardest to feign being alright. Tomo had a tougher time than she did. She did swallow her pride. She decided to go to the shower. There was no way she was going to talk to Yomi for a while...at least when things are still raw. She didn't take long in the shower at all. in fact, she only did just wash he hair quickly, and gave her body the once-over. Yomi did the same thing likewise. Tomo was already dressed up. She was now debating on if this was a bad idea. Mrs. Mizuhara saw Tomo's face...and quickly realized what happened. She took her glasses off, and sighed.

"I am sorry about that," she said. "We forgot clean the futon."

"It is not your fault, or hers..." Tomo said softly.

"Okay, it's too early to send you home," Mrs. Mizuhara said, with a slight sigh. "Will you at least stay through the afternoon?"

"I will," Tomo agreed.

"I am sure it was an accident..."

She figured out what happened. She also figured out why there's now an awkward silence between the two friends. Her husband came down. He rubbed his eyes. He saw the girls sitting there. It was something wrong indeed. He just quietly sat at the table, and didn't question it. Tomo sat nervously at the table. She felt she couldn't make things worse than they are now. Yomi also was in the same situation. She sat there, and tried to play it cool; but she couldn't even expect what was going to happen next. The breakfast went on very quietly. After, Tomo holed up in Yomi's bedroom. She put her MP3 player on to try to get her mind under control. Yomi came in. Tomo stood up, and she turned off her MP3 Player. It wasn't even eleven in the morning. Well, Mizuhara wasn't exactly happy with the situation. She saw the fear in Tomo's eyes, and decided to take her anger out on her.

"Well...I certainly hope you enjoyed it..." Yomi said angry

"Well...yeah," Tomo blurted out.

"I knew it...you wanted to get with me just to..."

"Look damn it," Tomo hissed, "I warned you ahead of time that I'm that kind of sleeper!"

Yomi was blinded by anger, to see the point. This was very rare for the life-long friends to actually go at it. In fact Yomi's parent's rushed up to see what the commotion was. It was becoming heated very quickly. Tomo started to just tune out Yomi at that very moment. She quickly realized that this wasn't going to end well. She made a very bold move. She stepped up and she decided to get loud.

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP FOR A DAMNED MOMENT!" Tomo barked.

"W-what did you just...?" Yomi said stunned.

"You're not even trying to listen are you?" Tomo asked very upset.

From there...it happened. Yomi slapped her hard across her face. Her parents were definitely shocked. They let her leave the room to cool off. Tomo, quietly put away her MP3 player...and removed her phone from the charger...and put the charger away. She sat down on the floor. She wanted to break down and cry. Mr. Mizuhara went to go check on Yomi. She locked herself in the bathroom to cool down. Her mother sat next to Tomo.

"I'm...sorry," she said softly.

"It's okay..." Tomo said still in shock. "I'm sorry to be offensive...but I won't stay for dinner...or for the rest of the weekend."

"I understand," she answered.

"I am sorry for being a bother..."

"No, we were just bad hosts in general," she returned. "Do you have everything?"

"I do," she said.

"Do you need a ride home?" she asked.

"I'll be alright," she returned.

She stood up and collected the rest of her things. She saw the locket that was opened. She quietly walked out. She wasn't sure if they would make it past college entrance exams. She quietly went to the front door, put her shoes on. Once she was finished...she slipped out unnoticed. Yomi calmed down...just enough to want to talk to her. However, she was nowhere to be found. Her mother, gave her "that look" that sent her back about a meter.

"Young lady," she said, "regardless of what happened...you didn't act accordingly."

"I know," Yomi said.

"You better figure a way to make it right..." she warned. "Your friendship is depending on it."

"I...don't know..."

"The only advice I can give you is think about it," she said. "Considering the circumstances...grounding you would be a bit too easy."

That wasn't what Yomi wanted to hear at all. Her mother had a trick for making it set in on her behavior. That is, she did intervene when needed. However, in a case like this, she believed in letting them learn. This was a tough lesson for Yomi to learn, that is...she was the one who start the argument in the first place. Outside...Tomo was walking home. She really didn't want to deal with anybody. Kaorin spotted her...and knew something was up. She rushed over to talk to her. She really didn't want to talk...and Kaorin understood. She also understood that Sakaki, Osaka, and Kagura needed to know. She shot them a quick e-mail from her phone. She got the first call from Kagura.

"Do you know what happened?" Kagura asked.

"No, she didn't want to tell me anything of note," Kaorin reported.

"We'll back off," Kagura warned. "There's no reason to have things get out of hand."

"Right...I'll let everybody know," Kaorin returned.

"I'll talk to Yomi..."

"No that's way beyond dangerous!" Kaorin warned.

"We better figure out what happened and fast!"

"Right, but we need, also to do so delicately."

Tomo arrived home. Her brother's friends have left by the after noon. He saw the look on Tomo's face. He also saw the red hand mark. He quickly realized that things didn't exactly work out. He rushed to the freezer and got the hot/cold pack. He left it out of the freezer for a good reason. he handed it to her. He then went to his mom. He told her what happened. She was furious. He did talk her down from doing anything on her behalf.

"Mom," he said, "I think I know what happened..."

"Explain to me," she ordered.

"Tomo did warn Yomi about how she sleeps...and well...it wasn't taken seriously," he answered.

"Did...they...spoon?" she asked.

"I don't know, but I have a feeling they did," he answered honestly.

"Where is she now?" she asked.

"She's downstairs in the living room," he said. "It's not even half-past noon yet."

"I'll call Yomi's parents to ask some questions," she said.

She did just that, while she unlocked Tomo's door. Mrs. Mizuhara confirmed exactly what happened. She apologized for Yomi for how things went. She apologized. She then was shocked to find, that she was going to let Yomi learn a hard lesson. She also was informed that Yomi wasn't grounded...this would be something that would punish her worse. Mrs. Takino then made one very important point.

"Tomo will be punished just the same," her mother said. "She and Yomi were lifelong friends..."

"That's why I hope everything is patched up," her friend said.

"Thank you for taking Tomo for the night," she groaned. "If anything happens major..."

"I appreciate it."

Once her mother ended the call...she went to Tomo. She thought she was in trouble. She instead hugged her. She felt safer at home...and probably in her room. Her mother decided that it'd be best for her to lay down for a while. Out of respect, her brother canceled whatever plans. His friends understood. Many of them who were too tired to party. Tomo just was on her bed, sitting there...wondering if she and Yomi were over before it even began.